User Tag List

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree773Likes

Thread: Covid-19

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

So we have our second dose scheduled for Wednesday the 22nd (exactly 28 days after our first dose.) which is fine… the rant is that’s also the day the “vaccine passport” starts here. Almost everything will require proof of being fully vaccinated and government ID. While I agree it’s important that people get vaccinated it should be their own decision, and forcing people to show government ID and any medical information is just wrong. (Wether that be proof of vaccination or a doctors note with whatever medical condition that exempts them from the vaccine.) people should never be forced into any medical procedures (at least once they are old enough to understand and make informed decisions) nor should they lose their rights and freedoms over it.
    ROMEO, HermanH and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Absolutely agree about the mandatory exposure of your private medical information.

I might even be able to swallow that indignation if the damn passports actually worked!

Currently, Alberta has been reporting increasing rates of hospitalization for fully vaccinated people. It was 16%, then 18%, then 22%, 25%, 26%, now 27% of people in hospital CoVid wards are fully vaccinated. If every single person person in the entire world was double-dosed with vaccine, then it would just mean that there would be 100% of all CoVid wards with fully vaccinated people. The Israelis are alread showing this trend, with 50% of their hospitalization cases already fully vaccinated (and everyone had their ridiculously useless passports.)

Passport systems just try to find easy scapegoats and excuses for the dangerous behaviour of the vaccinated.
    Ciel21 likes this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

We have been lucky in Quebec that we were able to get our first and second doses early on. My family is fully vaccinated as of July 26. There are pop-up stations and walk-ins all over the city so you have no valid excuse.

This is what happens when you procrastinate.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/laval-ma...dose-1.5588192
    ROMEO, cath007, HermanH and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    This is what happens when you procrastinate.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/laval-ma...dose-1.5588192
    And this is what happens when you think of vaccination as a cure and an excuse for dangerous behaviour.

CDC: 4,115 Fully Vaccinated Have Been Hospitalized Or Died With Breakthrough Covid-19 Infections
    Poirot and Ciel21 like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

People still wanting to travel down south as per cbc website.
    You can't fix stupid. Hospitals are not as ritzy or clean as they are here in Canada.
    Get a clue.
    ROMEO, GoJays, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ontario and New Brunswick have their vaccine passports programs starting today. Ontario Premier has not defined how long "temporary" is in regards to use of the provincial vaccine passport system, has he?

I've noticed that some Toronto area malls have taken to their websites and social media channels to indicate that any dining in-mall (restaurant or food court) will require vaccine passports and ID (some locations will have mall security guards doing the checks prior to allowing access to seating). Pickup or takeout from food courts do not require passports. Could be tricky for mall workers needing their meal break to sit down and to eat but not having their full vaccination record yet. It's not fun eating outside of the mall on the curb or at the transit terminal but on a nice day, it might be OK once in a while as the temps stay warm. Also, security guards will be watching that shoppers are not eating as they are walking in the mall.
    cath007 and HermanH like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

McDonald's (Walmart Supercentre in Ancaster) has a posted 20min limit for dine-in customers. Guess the coffee drinkers who used to be able to while a few hours reading the paper and enjoying coffee no longer linger.

Hamilton ON-GO Vaxx bus will return to downtown tomorrow for 2nd straight day. Liuna Station-if anyone in the area needs a 2nd Pfizer dose. https://www.ontario.ca/page/go-vaxx-bus-schedule
    cath007 and crafter like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Shanghai Disneyland closed down for mandatory COVID-19 testing of all guests when visitor from another province was found to be positive.
    Note the Squid Game reference in the Twitter thread.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1455073187297779713
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2021/11/...ng-pharmacies/

Twitterverse in Ontario is not agreeing with Ontario's plan to let Shoppers Drug Mart conduct symptomatic COVID-19 testing in-stores. Some posters are actively boycotting all stores related to parent corp and switching prescriptions to other pharmacies. The issue is that stores have people who may not be vaccinated amongst the customers sharing air with possibly ill people while getting postal services, prescriptions or whatever else Shoppers sells. It's also pointed that a point person with this deal in government used to lobby for Shoppers on the corporate side.

Some users have remarked that Shoppers might be the only retail option open after 6pm in smaller communities and there's a hardship angle if they cannot use the store for necessary purchases.

Don't know why it has not been stipulated that these testing locations need separate spaces/entries apart from the main pharmacy entrances, esp in malls.

Also on Twitter-in Alberta, provincially issued vaccine passports must have QR codes as of Nov. 15.
    https://twitter.com/YourAlberta/stat...76432995688456

Saskatchewan and Alberta have received Johnson& Johnson vaccines
    https://twitter.com/YourAlberta/stat...91901084295172

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...ions-1.6250722

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bet Ontario gets some bad news soon regarding the January 17, 2022 no vaccine mandate etc.

Look what I spotted trending on Twitter as a hashtag: #NuVariant. Yes, there's a worrying new COVID variant and already the UK is putting some countries on a list for travel restrictions. Think world travel is about to screech again. Please read the thread about what's worrying about the variant-more spikes and it evades Pfizer vaccine and spreads across a hallway (in one instance reported).

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/statu...65169830572039

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    I bet Ontario gets some bad news soon regarding the January 17, 2022 no vaccine mandate etc.

Look what I spotted trending on Twitter as a hashtag: #NuVariant. Yes, there's a worrying new COVID variant and already the UK is putting some countries on a list for travel restrictions. Think world travel is about to screech again. Please read the thread about what's worrying about the variant-more spikes and it evades Pfizer vaccine and spreads across a hallway (in one instance reported).

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/statu...65169830572039
    yes some countries have blocked travel from some countries in Africa. It's unsettling to know that this disease won't go away.
    The stock markets are looking pretty awful this morning as well. Several analysts have mentioned that the more severe pre market drops are due to low liquidity due to the US holiday.
    HermanH and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    It's unsettling to know that this disease won't go away.
    More unsettling may be that folks think this disease will ever go away. It will no more disappear than the common cold or cancer. The world needs to learn to live with it, like background noise.
    Last edited by HermanH; Fri, Nov 26th, 2021 at 01:32 PM.
    Ciel21 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ok, another wrench into returning to Canada-the ArriveCan app could actually be down for 3-4 days for an upgrade. MacGyver your way back into Canada!

Although the Langers aren't sure why their second time around was a success, a couple of factors were at play this week that could provide an explanation.Eric said when they were crossing back into Canada on Thursday they were also informed by an officer that the ArriveCAN app was down and therefore printed documentation was acceptable, regardless of the rules.
    The Public Health Agency of Canada confirmed that the service disruption will run until Tuesday, as the app is undergoing a scheduled update.
    https://ca.yahoo.com/news/fully-vacc...090000792.html

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

glad I made it through yesterday!
    barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Ok, another wrench into returning to Canada-the ArriveCan app could actually be down for 3-4 days for an upgrade. MacGyver your way back into Canada!

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/fully-vacc...090000792.html
    Why do they even bother?

Ottawa has no idea if 75 per cent of air arrivals obeyed hotel quarantine rule: AG report

Oh, I remember; it's to show that they are DOING something! More virtue-signalling nonsense.
    Ciel21 likes this.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information