User Tag List

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree2057Likes

Thread: November 2022 Frugal Chatter (Brr...temps are falling!)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Up early, woke up at exactly 5 am, which works for me as I have a lot I need to get done today. Up, having a cup of tea and then I will start my day. Although it did hit me if I do the same thing tomorrow it will be 4 am, not 5 am.

Today is dumpling day, oh I am so excited.

The Costco Hidden Sales were posted last night, my pots are not on sale which might be a good thing. I really have a lot to get done around the house and should spend the weekend at home.

Happy Saturday
    Where do you find the hidden sales for Costco?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    It was an early rise for me as well today. Earlier than usual as I had zonked out before 11 p.m. The corned beef brisket(s) just finished their for 3 hours at a low simmering boil, the cabbage wedges are cooking now. I'll start the chili later on tonight.
    For Christmas last year I gifted DH one of those hilarious looking giant sized body pillows ( meant for pregnant women ) to ease his sleep comfort ( issues with his sciatica).
    It was like having a 3rd person in the QS bed with us....lol.
    Anyways, since my hernia procedure I've stole his pillow friend and escaped to the spare room. It really helped. The issue now is my cat Hamlet is miffed!
    He does not approve of this new bed-mate that spends time with he and I. lol.
    I love my body pillow. I switch to flannel cover for winter and back to cotton for summer. It definitely is like having a person in your bed but so helpful to use. Glad it helped you.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I follow them on Facebook but their website is:
    https://cocoeast.ca/

They posted every Monday/Tuesday and every Friday/Saturday. Costco has weekly hidden sales and then they offer weekend-only sales.

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Where do you find the hidden sales for Costco?
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

This was not a frugal purchase BUT in some things you get what you pay for and THESE 2 items are so worth the cost. I only have a pic of the one suctioned to the back yard sliding glass door, and of course only ONE cat ( Claudius ) could be coaxed to check it out with help from a sprinkle of cat nip on each level. lol
    The other item ( same design, same manufacturer ) hangs off of a door, much easier to install, strong metal brackets go over the top and under the bottom of the door, straps pull to tighten.
    Both items flip up to fold away, so I can close the kitchen blinds and for when I need the storage room door open.

Name:  Claudius level four showoff.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  54.3 KB

Name:  Claudius level three.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  67.1 KB
    Silk, Tweets77, JadeAngel and 7 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    [vbp_tr_most_helpful_today]
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Managed to get up about 30min before 6:15am alarm so I did some Internetting and made tea. Got lights on for delivery person who came at 7:20am. It was mild and warm and not windy outside!

Things changed after 9am. Part way into walk to Longo's, I noticed how the wind was gusting every so often at about @30kph. When I got out of Lowe's the wind was a buddy on the walk home. Found a PC Optimum bag hugging a tree behind Cdn Tire-perfect for gathering some beer empties I spotted on my walk. Had to take a 30min break when I got home (I had to lug my cart to get 5 packs of yard bags-$3.44 each (not the 3.24 on website last night) and bag of Longo's groceries; Lowe's employee told me bags were on sale LAST flyer-sigh) for toasted sandwiches and quick read through of two Saturday papers.

Bagged the big pile of oak leaves, a smaller pile then took a seat. While I intended to tackle another pile of leaves with bags, I quickly gave up as Mr Wind was not playing fair. Much better to rake the run over leaves over to the pile and call it a day on yard work. When I took mower out, I noticed I had run the tank dry so no more mowing action (it would have been perfect to have had 1-3min of mowing but whatever). Cleaned up and went to nap (2h; torso and left leg are still very miffy).

I run on Coke Dreamworld-drank plenty of it to be able to do outdoor work. THink Lipton's Chicken noodle soup will be late lunch; I need the salt. Have second load of laundry on the go and not much else. Such a sunny day!

Mastermind Toys has coupon offers that run out on Nov 7; save $10 wus $50 and a higher value offer. Saw today's e-mail; store has 12 days of giveaways in Instagram and it seems to have been playing for a few days. WIll post the contest in a jiffy!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Wow, look at all you early risers. I did not get up until 10. I sleep like a teenager on the weekends if I can. DH and I went for our 4th COVID shots today and while I was on that side of town I took advantage of being close to sobeys and Freshco. I can’t tell how many Scene points I earned because their systems were down. The price of gas is rising again. But still not what it was so that’s a win.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@barbis9 there is a Burlington Costco group and people always post the hidden sales there. There is also a Halton one and that has laird and Burlington and sometimes Stoney Creek.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Mom spent the afternoon stuffing and folding dumplings.

Dinner was Dumplings with Instant Pot Ramen. Oh my the dumplings were amazing and we have enough for 3 more meals, they will be flash-frozen tomorrow, right now they are in the fridge. The Instant Pot Ramen was okay, the broth needed a little more flavour, next time I will add more seasonings and to think I thought I added too much.

Used up the rest of the old pack of mushrooms in the Ramen. Just have the 2 new packs now. Between the pizza and stir fry that will use up one pack.

The fridge has been cleaned out, not a lot of waste, about a 1/4 cup of greek yogurt and one serving of Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup.

Had some Ricotta and Blueberries that needed to be used up so made 2 - Blueberry Ricotta Loaves, still have about 1/2 a cup of Ricotta left and one more pack of blueberries. Thinking the blueberries will become muffins.

Cleaned out our produce bin, lost 2 lemons and a clementine. Mostly just rearranged the bin to make room to add a butternut squash and 2 spaghetti squash. Still need to fit in the sweet potatoes.

Garbage is out as well as a bag from our backyard I needed to get out before the weather turns.

I cannot believe it is November 5th and I wore a tank top to take out the garbage.

I just need to wash the Instant Pot and then I am done for today. Off to catch up on some shows on the PVR and crochet a little.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

It's beautiful out! Windy but so nice!

I popped out at 630. Apparently our Canadian Tire closes at 6 on a Saturday now??? So just went to RCSS and it was nice and quiet. Price matched the Nivea body wash so I am set for awhile now. A head of romaine was $5.49 and it was so small!! Guess the prepared salads will be my go to for the next while. The price hasn't gone up on them yet but we will see. Hopefully FB has the bunch spinach in stock. If so I will make spinach salads all week which I love.

I'm pretty sure I am going near Costco tomorrow so will stop there either tomorrow or on my way back on Monday. I have returns and a Gift Card my sister gave me from dog sitting that I want to use. I will check out the shampoo/conditioner while there. Will gas up too since gas is cheaper by .10L there.

Pulled out the BBQ to cook burger patties this afternoon. Was a late lunch/early dinner. Was easy to pop it back against the wall and then park in the garage again. We have a huge desk in the garage that needs to go. Once that is gone then we will have so much free space.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

We are in november and at midnight it is still 20 degres...not complaining but I am concerned about this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Yesterday was a really good day, I felt good which has been a struggle lately. It was a good day.

I did not sleep the best last night, I woke up at midnight thinking it was morning, then woke up thinking it was around 5 am, nope it was 2:45. I do not feel rested but not going to let that get in my way. Going to see what I can get done this morning and hopefully just rest and relax this afternoon.

Ugh, someone was burning something last night and it hit me hard, I think they were burning something I am allergic to. Even this morning, I am completely congested and keep sneezing.

Think I am going to go make a batch of blueberry muffins and try to find my cleaning ambition.

Happy Sunday

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Wow, look at all you early risers. I did not get up until 10. I sleep like a teenager on the weekends if I can. DH and I went for our 4th COVID shots today and while I was on that side of town I took advantage of being close to sobeys and Freshco. I can’t tell how many Scene points I earned because their systems were down. The price of gas is rising again. But still not what it was so that’s a win.
    Love hearing your Scene+ stories! No shame on getting a good long sleep!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    We are in november and at midnight it is still 20 degres...not complaining but I am concerned about this.
    A few days ago on Twitter, someone retweeted that it was 29C in parts of Europe and that broke records. Also late Oct, France and other places were 20C+ too, odd for the time of year. I'm sure next year's crops will be affected.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey, Ontario SCers-who had that car wash heavy rain that landed about 11:45pm in Hamilton last night? That was so loud, thought we got a leftover rain from a hurricane or something. Spared thoughts for travellers on the roads or waiting for the buses at that time. Intense rain and I fell asleep after 15min but not during the times (4) that Bro flipped the front lights on. The streetlights were working. Had a slight power dip as answering machine chirped back on.

I turned three timepieces back an hour as time was approaching 11pm and headed to bed to relax and turn in. Body was feeling a touch off. Woke up with somewhat stuffed right nostril this morning. Had my morning chai latte and one navel orange. Need something solid but Mom was cooking a roast so I kept out of the kitchen for the most part.

Ordered a set of pink jersey poly/cotton pillowcases from Bed Bath and Beyond and I had the free shipping coupon to use too! Pity said coupon was not active when I placed a gift order a day before (could not use 20% off coupon on either order-oh well). Since I did not order pillowcases for the sheet set from Simons this spring, I thought it was time to add pillowcases. Should have thought about a new pillow but I have run down my bank balance to the $5 point. Order expected around Tuesday but I cannot submit my tracking requests on Fedex's site-the submit button is greyed out/not working. I am not a huge fan of BBB's need to have a PIN sent each and every time I want to log into the site. Very CRA-like...

Hope my shoe order arrives in 3 days or less. Site does not have an expected date but order is also coming via Fedex...
    PLayed the AddJoy contest today and yesterday-no grocery gift card win. I have added lots of contests (regular/social media) recently-take a look!

Will pop outside to look for branches to collect into a pile. Raking will commence tomorrow in earnest.

What's for lunch today?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    It's beautiful out! Windy but so nice!

I popped out at 630. Apparently our Canadian Tire closes at 6 on a Saturday now??? So just went to RCSS and it was nice and quiet. Price matched the Nivea body wash so I am set for awhile now. A head of romaine was $5.49 and it was so small!! Guess the prepared salads will be my go to for the next while. The price hasn't gone up on them yet but we will see. Hopefully FB has the bunch spinach in stock. If so I will make spinach salads all week which I love.

I'm pretty sure I am going near Costco tomorrow so will stop there either tomorrow or on my way back on Monday. I have returns and a Gift Card my sister gave me from dog sitting that I want to use. I will check out the shampoo/conditioner while there. Will gas up too since gas is cheaper by .10L there.

Pulled out the BBQ to cook burger patties this afternoon. Was a late lunch/early dinner. Was easy to pop it back against the wall and then park in the garage again. We have a huge desk in the garage that needs to go. Once that is gone then we will have so much free space.
    Nice score on the PM at RCSS! Hope you had a good variety of Nivea body washes to choose from!

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information