User Tag List

Page 430 of 449 FirstFirst ... 330 380 420 428 429 430 431 432 440 ... LastLast
Results 6,436 to 6,450 of 6729
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: Calgary Coupon Hunters *HEADS UP*

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I have tickets to the "Calgary Home & Garden Show" which is running from Thursday Feb 23rd to Sunday Feb 26th. My husband and I had planned to go, but unfortunatly, he will be up north until March 1st, the tickets are $14 each ( $28 for the pair ) but I would be willing to trade them for a few coupons in return since I can't use them anyway.

These shows are always known for lots of give always, freebies and samples, I really wish I could go

If anyone is interested please let me know, I can mail them out asap. Thanks!!
    Last edited by JennyFromTheRock; Mon, Feb 13th, 2012 at 06:31 PM.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I am looking to open my kids RESP accounts (finally!). Any advice? Is it better to do through a bank or a scholarship company? Thanks
    Groupon referral link: http://www.groupon.com/r/uu7695632

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by findme View Post
    I am looking to open my kids RESP accounts (finally!). Any advice? Is it better to do through a bank or a scholarship company? Thanks
    A bank or a financial planner for sure. They will have your best interest in mind. I haven't met anyone who was happy they invested with a scholarship company. There are many grants out there for RESP'S and the bank will help you. If you have kids born 2005 or later they will qualify for the Alberta Centennial Grant which I believe is a $500 gift! did this for my grandaughter and couldn't believe how much grant money she received. Good Luck and way to go on planning for their future. I have put 3 daughters through college and university and believe me planning ahead is a lifesaver!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryMom123 View Post
    Does anyone know if LD will take french coupons?
    Last time I tried to use them at LD on 130th I was told they don't take them anymore. They used to though, and I had the crabby cashier. She also wouldn't take my coupon to get one Dove hair care free when I bought two cause I was getting the two for free with coupons. Rather than argue, I just decided to use it at a different time as it doesn't expire until the end of Feb and I have more coupons for free Dove hair care!

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

This is a bilingual country, its discrimination to refuse a french coupon.... anywhere.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

plc
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

The Alberta Centennial Grant is only available if the RESP is held with an approved Alberta Grant promoter. We went with a self directed RESP as it made more sense for us.

Trading Score
    130 (100%)

Bank!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

reg the RESP..does it matter which bank?
    Groupon referral link: http://www.groupon.com/r/uu7695632

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    This is a bilingual country, its discrimination to refuse a french coupon.... anywhere.
    Really? I knew that we were bilingual, but I didn't know they couldn't refuse the coupon. It didn't make sense to me. It was the French Sensodyne one and I had the exact same on in English, so even if they couldn't read it, they would be able to see that it is the same as the English one!

However, at times, it isn't worth the argument. I would rather have a good relationship with the cashiers at my LD than to save the $1.

Trading Score
    130 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DentalDiva View Post
    Bank!
    I'd say whoever you work with currently.

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

Good for you Findme - they grow up so fast! Don't forget that you will need to apply for a S.I.N. for your kids. Go thru bank or Investors group.

AKE
    Love Deals!
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

sent you a PM findme. It's worth it to explore both options.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DentalDiva View Post
    Bank!
    why do you say a bank i went through a place called Canadian scholorship trust plans, and so far i have no complaints they are eligable for the grants too. and even pay interest. by the time they got to college they will have over 45000 each

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzie View Post
    Really? I knew that we were bilingual, but I didn't know they couldn't refuse the coupon. It didn't make sense to me. It was the French Sensodyne one and I had the exact same on in English, so even if they couldn't read it, they would be able to see that it is the same as the English one!

However, at times, it isn't worth the argument. I would rather have a good relationship with the cashiers at my LD than to save the $1.

Well I will let you know how it goes at my LD. I am still waiting for my coupons to come in the mail.

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

We did our RESP's through Heritage Education. I know a lot of them will go to your house for free, so you could always meet with them and a bank and see what one you feel more comfortable with.

Page 430 of 449 FirstFirst ... 330 380 420 428 429 430 431 432 440 ... LastLast

Thread Information