User Tag List

Page 442 of 449 FirstFirst ... 342 392 432 440 441 442 443 444 ... LastLast
Results 6,616 to 6,630 of 6729
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: Calgary Coupon Hunters *HEADS UP*

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    The Lactancia I got at sobeys and the Dairyland i got at Co-op. Good luck finding some!
    Many thanks. I'll go there and take a look.
    cheekysaver likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If anyone wants cheap milk and eggs dated for a few days away I was just in Shoppers Drug Mart Westsprings on 85th St SW. They had milk 4 litre jugs with $3 off coupons( lots of different types of milk) and brown eggs for 49 cents per dozen-too bad I am stocked up.
    cheekysaver and Lavender Lady like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    156 (100%)

Walmart @ Northland Mall has l'oreal ombrelle Sunscreen water proof lotion SPF 15 for $1, also has lady speedstick and Oldspice (men) deodorant for $1 too !

If you have not done the movie rebate from speedstick, now would be a good time, $2.10 gets u two deodorants and movie, can't go wrong.
    cheekysaver and Lavender Lady like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    If anyone wants cheap milk and eggs dated for a few days away I was just in Shoppers Drug Mart Westsprings on 85th St SW. They had milk 4 litre jugs with $3 off coupons( lots of different types of milk) and brown eggs for 49 cents per dozen-too bad I am stocked up.
    Great deal! I think i will go to my shoppers and check for some discounted milk. I want to make some yogurt.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    179 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    Great deal! I think i will go to my shoppers and check for some discounted milk. I want to make some yogurt.
    Sound like a good idea. I have never made yogurt and I only eat plain. If you have any tips I would love them.
    cheekysaver likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

I used to make yogurt with non electric yogurt maker with very good results.
    It's a plastic container with a lid, that had an insert make out of styrofoam.
    Seems to me that I heated the milk, added the culture from a package or just some from a previous batch, put it in the plastic bucket, put the lid on, then placed it in the styrofoam insert, covered it and let it "incubate" for the required time. I recall it to have a very good taste/flavor.
    I think Cheekysaver, would be the expert here though.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    Walmart @ Northland Mall has l'oreal ombrelle Sunscreen water proof lotion SPF 15 for $1, also has lady speedstick and Oldspice (men) deodorant for $1 too !

If you have not done the movie rebate from speedstick, now would be a good time, $2.10 gets u two deodorants and movie, can't go wrong.
    Thanks Mission! I still lurk on here all the time but never post anymore. Life is so busy! How did you know the sunscreen was $1.00? It wasn't marked. I was able to get a few which was great! I couldn't find the deoderant though, they all said $2.50 or $3.00. I scanned a bunch but nothing came up. Thanks again! It is good to see the Calgary thread alive and well .

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

oh
    Quote Originally Posted by rigatti View Post
    Sound like a good idea. I have never made yogurt and I only eat plain. If you have any tips I would love them.
    Making yogurt is easy. First you heat the milk to a simmer stirring so it doesn't scald... then you take it off the heat and you can cool the pot in a sink of water until it reaches 105 -120 f then you put in about a 1/4 Cup of plain yogurt for a starter and stir it in... then place the pot in the oven with the oven light on overnight and in the morning you have yogurt. You do need to use yogurt with live bacterial culture... and if you buy the ones with probiotics you are adding them in and making your own. Once you have made your own you can use your own as the next starter and you will never run out of yogurt as long as the milk is cheap.... oh and cover it with a pot lid before it goes in the oven... the less light the better!
    Last edited by cheekysaver; Thu, Jul 11th, 2013 at 11:27 PM.
    mcminsen and rigatti like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks for reminding me about the yogurt... I threw in a batch last night... it needs another hour or 2 but then I will have 2 liters of yogurt. Thank goodness too... I like it on my cheerios and there are so many cheerio deals right now i am going to be stocked up!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    179 (100%)

Thanks for the tips. I will have to try this.
    cheekysaver likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Hey guys I need some help for others. I am on a website for people with Ehler-Danlos Syndrome... it is a support group for those in western canada on facebook... In Calgary we have one of the best geneticists on the planet for dealing with EDS and his name is Dr Yee. People are traveling from Sask and BC and everywhere in Alberta to see him. As you might suspect many are disable and on a tight budget. Can you give me some names of places in the North East that are affordable with decent food? Deals with coupons could be pretty ok too!

You would think I would know right?.... LOL i don't eat out... i am disable and we only eat out up to $20 a month here... that is rarely more then a snack meal to go.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

When travelling I like to eat in the food court at the local mall. Most times the food is fresh and compared to a regular restaurant, it's affordable.
    In the NE, Sunridge, Marlborough are both good. I especially like the ethnic food, as they tend to emphasize more veggies with meat rather than hamburger/fries.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender Lady View Post
    When travelling I like to eat in the food court at the local mall. Most times the food is fresh and compared to a regular restaurant, it's affordable.
    In the NE, Sunridge, Marlborough are both good. I especially like the ethnic food, as they tend to emphasize more veggies with meat rather than hamburger/fries.
    I live right next to marlborough mall... now i am craving some of their chinese food.... I won't do it tho... $ will power!
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!! *(singing) They are opening they are opening they are opening!!!!! YAYYY!!!
    Name:  save on foods!.gif
Views: 211
Size:  37.8 KB
    Who else is doing a happy dance right now?

Page 442 of 449 FirstFirst ... 342 392 432 440 441 442 443 444 ... LastLast

Thread Information