User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shoppers Points

Trading Score
    149 (100%)

If your province regulations does not allow you to earn points on medicines (like ON), buy a gift card (you earn SDM points) and pay for the perscriptions by gift card.

I only shop (and stock up) when they have promos (20x, 15x, Timmy's card, gift certificates) - with $ off coupons, the points add up real fast. Last redemption (2 weeks ago), I was able to redeem $700 worth of diapers, formula and groceries. With quite a lot of points left over.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Anyone know how often SDM has the bonus points ie: 15X or 20X ?

Looking to buy a Wii by the summer but will wait til the bonus days.

thanks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Thanks for all the useful info-my next goal is to get alot smarter about making the best out of my sdm points.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Code:
    [quote=Zonny;841327]It's especially good if you have prescriptions that are paid by insurance. You still get the full amount of points on the value of your meds, even if insurance paid for all of it. Air Miles don't get you nearly as far.
    Wow! I never knew that you get Optimum Points for the entire price of the prescription if insurance pays. Normally, I don't get prescriptions filled at SDM. I usually only have to pay a $3 or $4 on my prescriptions with my insurance company paying the rest so I never thought it would be worthwhile but now I'll reconsider...

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    It's especially good if you have prescriptions that are paid by insurance. You still get the full amount of points on the value of your meds, even if insurance paid for all of it. Air Miles don't get you nearly as far.

Z
    The last timeI was there (2 months ago) the pharmacist told me that I cant earn points on prescriptions. I don't have insurance so I usually fill them at walmart or costco cause there dispensing fee is WAY less. But I spent $35 and earned NO points

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mlongboat View Post
    The last timeI was there (2 months ago) the pharmacist told me that I cant earn points on prescriptions. I don't have insurance so I usually fill them at walmart or costco cause there dispensing fee is WAY less. But I spent $35 and earned NO points
    In ON, the OCP has prohibited pharmacies from giving out any points or incentives. They say it's because it might interfere with patient's decision to choose a pharmacy based on incentives rather than professional advice. Which is a stupid policy because I will now shop on price and get my prescriptions filled at costco, even with my drug plan.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mlongboat View Post
    Yes, depends on where you are. I don't think PEI allows points to be earned on prescriptions either. But again, but the gift card and pay for it with that, you'll at least earn some.

Here in NS, milk is not eligible to earn points! I have no idea why.

Z

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I really wouldn't worry about the optimum points program ending in the near future. They make a lot of money with this program (They pay for it with their inflated prices) and they just launched a new optimum credit card. So it wouldn't make sense for them to end the program.

Trading Score
    355 (100%)

SHOPPERS POINTS ARE THE BEST!!THEY HAVE GOOD SALES,AND WHEN YOU SHOP ON 20X POINTS DAY,IT IS SO WORTH IT.

Trading Score
    355 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by zonny View Post
    yes, depends on where you are. I don't think pei allows points to be earned on prescriptions either. But again, but the gift card and pay for it with that, you'll at least earn some.

Here in ns, milk is not eligible to earn points! I have no idea why.

Z
    i live in nova scotia,and bought milk yesterday,and received points on it,althought i do recall hearing you dont.maybe they have recently changed this

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is directly copied from the Shoppers web site. It's funny to me that only a few provinces think that anyone would shop were they get the best bargain. What happened to free enterprise??

Q: How do I receive Points for my prescription purchases?
    A: When filling your prescription, simply present your personal Shoppers Optimum Card to the HealthWATCH<sup>®</sup> pharmacist. Points for your prescription* will be added to your balance within 24-48 hours after your prescription has been filled. Once awarded, these points will appear on your cash register receipt the next time you make a purchase. A Shoppers Optimum Member may only accumulate points for prescription drug purchases filled in his or her own name, with the exception of any of the member's children under the age of 16.

* Points are awarded on the Full Price of the Patient's Prescriptions except in P.E.I. where points are awarded on the portion of the prescription paid for by the Patient. Points are not awarded on prescriptions in Ontario, Newfoundland or Quebec.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Wow- thanks for all of the great info everyone...I can't believe how helpful everyone is on this website! I think I will definitely start getting my Rx filled at Shoppers- since my ins. pays for it it really doesn't matter to me!

So when they have the 15x or 20x points, do they award points only on full price items, or how does it work if you use a coupon?

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

If your getting presc. get a GC then pay for your meds. Or else they cant use it.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I pay 550$ in meds a month get 80% of it paid for by my school insurance so I get the points.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ricki: Excuse me but if your in Ontario and those are prescriptions they how do you get the points? I was told just yesterday that they are not giving points on gift cards anymore??
    Last edited by JRWBowling; Wed, Apr 1st, 2009 at 11:26 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information