User Tag List

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Expired
    In one of my courses the proff has asked us to do an assignment on an topic we're interested in or so on. I've decided to pick coupons since I use them weekly and realized I can get fast responses from the forum.

Coupons

Tips on using coupons?
    Wording on coupons? (meaning?)
    Best stores to use coupons?
    Best companies to email for coupons?
    How to decrease your bill? (i.e how to make your bill decrease - you pay less).

I think thats all I need so far.

Thanks in advance (everyones a life saver LOL).
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

using coupons that are higher than the value of the products is always a good way to decrease your bill, especially if the other products are things that you do not have coupons for. as we all know sometimes you can get a hassle from the cashiers, even though they do get their money back, but if you are given the ok it is a great way to reduce your bill

the best comapny to email for coupons is sc johnson imo. the worst one is p&g for sure, but they do offer coupons on the internet from brandsaver and in newspapers so its ok.

wording on coupons- GST QST PST and HST where applicable, are included in the face value of the coupon. if you havea prodcut that is 1.99 and the coupon is for 2.00 off sometimes they say that they will not take it. Just point this out on the coupon and your good to go. sometimes though they dont put it on the coupon, so you might get a hassle.

hope i have helped a bit. ill add more as i think

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

tips:
    1)try combining coupons with sales- or you can pricematch
    2)dont buy anything you know you won't use
    3)organize your coupons so you won't get mixed up and forget about some

best stores:
    personally i like zellers because you can use the spc card and take off most of the tax, but walmart always accepts my coupons

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Here are some of the methods I use:

I have a little accordion folder for my coupons. I've separated each according to category (ie dairy, breakfast, cleaners, meat & eggs, etc.). I usually wait until I can get a discount (ie 10% Tuesday), then buy items that are on sale using my loyalty card. This way I get the sale price, plus the coupon discount, plus the extra 10% for the day.

Also, sign up for the free email offers. Safeway offers items exclusive to their email subscribers. From the amount I save, I basically get free groceries every three months compared to someone who doesn't doing anything (no loyalty card, no coupons).

Places that offer points like the HBC family of stores, or Shoppers, I wait to get bonus points. Every few weeks there's a 10X or 20X times your points at Shoppers. Then I can stock up on all the household items on my list. And twice a year there's a bonus when you use your points, so I end up getting $400 of free product every year. Great for Christmas and the occasional treat. At Zellers, look in their flyer for bonus points coupons, or attached to your rewards statement. Points add up quickly.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

pair coupons with sales and price match, stack coupons at london drugs - and price match! organize coupons into a folder, trade with others or ask family/friends to save coupons for you, definitely J&J for e-mailing for coupons...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Use LD if you have one. You can stack coupons until it adds up to the cost of the product.
    Here is the LD stacking guide.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/71990-h...-guide-canada/

Hope that helps.
    Good luck with your paper.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

great idea for a paper they are always a little easier to write if you like the topic
    I agree with everything that was said already

For wording you could discuss difference between "one per purchase" and "one per transaction" Also store coupons vs manufacture's coupons

The best store is always the one where you get the best deal so watching sales and knowing stores policy on stacking etc is important.

I would also mention trading coupons you won't use for ones that you will. And not buying things just because you have a coupon (If you wouldn't buy it normally its really costing you money). Knowing when to expect the coupon fliers in the paper and getting extras anyway you can ; )

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would also put the spin on it that with the current economic situation, couponing is going to grow in popularity in Canada. And the fact that is already a huge hobby/endeavor in the US and Canadian companies have to follow suit and start producing more coupons for us to use.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

You never told us how you did on the assignment. Good I hope!

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

yeah im curious too

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

LOL

Must have missed the last couple posts all together.

Received a 95% and got a few classmates & proffs couponing now LMAO

Thread Information