User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

OMG I have tears running down my face...that makes me so sad for the kitty, and mad at whoever did this...try and give him a chance..he will likely survive, but yes, for now do keep him away from your other cats.Have you called the SPCA or a cat-rescue place, because here in my town if you do in cases like this, if you tell them you will be trying to keep the kitty but need some help, they will help you out as best they can....I hope he survives, I am so upset.I have 4 cats, all indoor kitties, and 3 were stray kittens only 5 weeks old when we found them..
    And I am so happy you did the right thing.Thanks.

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

I had found a cat and nursed it back to health just to have someone poison the poor thing with antifreeze, and she had the same symptoms as Seven? but not saying that is what the poor little one you have has. Don't know if it's great or not, but we would give little strays milk and water mixed with a bit of sugar over broken up bread, just to fatten them up. Do hope the little one perks up for you, and it was a very nice thing of you to do.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went out to see him a few minutes ago and take him some more very wet canned food to eat and for the moisture. He was awake and waiting for me. He did not get up but was eager to eat. He drank down the slurry of canned food I made and then ate a little dry. He has been drinking more as he used the litter box and pee'd and also pooped as well which in my mind both are very good signs.

He just purrs when he eats and looks at me with those big yellow eyes... I can not help but feel such pity for him. It breaks my heart knowing he had to have been a house cat...

If he gets better I may keep him, we'll see.. not sure I can but I know if I can't I WILL find him a home where he is loved and is safe for the rest of his life. <!-- / message -->

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

WOW what a great thing you are doing. One of my babies (cats) was missing and i went to the humane society to check. LAST TIME i go there. Firstly i asked them outright are you a no kill facility, they said no, but low kill. WTF?

THe poor cats are stuck in cages (fing humane right) and most of them had eye infections. Were mewing and batting for attention.

ANyhoo, i jsut saved antoher cat too. HE has to stay away formt eh others casue hes skinny and im worried about leukimia. People are rotten.

SO you knwo how many i saw at the humane society that said owner surrendered. Makes me sick. Liek Koal said disopsable....NOT! DO they realize they are giving them a death sentence basically?

And to top it off some idiots have been droppign off stray males aroudn here. WEll i ahd my males fixed. But not my females guess what every female is prego. Nice. SO now i gotta work on that and the kittens. ANd if i cant' get good homes i dont care if i have 40 (i'm in the country) at least they will have a life.

Humans can be ERRRRRRRRR.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/signaturepics/sigpic24297_2.gif
    http://pureromance.com/index.aspx?cnsltID=36112

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by April07 View Post
    Firstly let me say how much I dislike the human race and am sad to be a part of it at this moment.

Today whilst riding with friends we came across a orange tabby cat just laying in a heap in the grass. It looked to me like it had been hit by a car, skinny and it's hair was thinning badly but it was alive and staring at us. I got down off my horse and went over to it and it stayed put. I picked it up fully expecting it to be broken up but it was not it was completely emaciated and so dehydrated it skin did not even snap back in the slightest... It struggled to get free from me but I held on.

Anyway, I have talked to my own vet about him but need extra advice I think.... the more advice the better right now for him.

He is eating like there is no tomorrow... I gave him some wet food ( wellness ) and dry... I have limited his eating at the moment because I am afraid he will gorge himself and get sick ... I could not get him to drink so I mixed wet food with lots of water and he drank that easily. He is resting now quietly...

He was shivering ( no idea why ) it is not too cold here but not hot either. I think he has a fever not sure he seem very warm to touch. His eyes are watery, he has thinning hair and small abrasions on his skin. I looked for fleas but did not see any and I looked for lice but could not see any... I do not think nor does my vet that it is mange as the hair loss is even.

I want him to survive, he was obviously dumped by some stupid idiot who thinks a house cat can survive on it's own. He is so painfully skinny and dehyrdated that it just makes me cry to look at him.

I also have 5 cats of my own that I am concerned about if this cat may be sick. So any advice on feeding this guy to help him get stronger and also anythng else I could be doing ? Also on keeping my cats healthy?
    <!-- / message -->
    This is really heartbreaking and sickening.
    I don't get mad easily but when it comes to anyone hurting or neglecting animals my blood boils.

If you can pick up a supplement called PDG made by Wysong I think the cat you rescued would really benefit. If your local pet food store does not carry it, they can likely order it.

http://www.wysong.net/cat-dog-supplements.php

I also tip my hat to you for coming to his rescue when you did. There are too many people who just look the other way. All life is precious.

Oh, and in case your local store says they don't know where to order Wysong products from, this is the Ontario distributor

http://www.naturalpetdistributors.co...ent/index.html

Failing that, you can order it off the Wysong website

I know because I use several Wysong products for my baby
    Last edited by thecountess; Sun, May 3rd, 2009 at 10:14 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

April07, what you are doing is wonderful. Keep us updated on kitty. Big hugs to kitty and hope he feels better soon. I have a 17 year old orange Tabby, named Dreyfuss, so this is very close to my heart.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

April you are a hero.
    Keep us posted on kitty's progress.

Maybe a bunch of folks can help out by sending you coupons for cat food? I would certainly consider sending a few toonies your way to help offset the vet bill.

(((((hugs)))))

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

Like the ticks idea, just let us know.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Thank you for helping this little lost soul.

I agree with what others have said about keeping kitty separate from everyone else, just in case he has anything that might be contagious. Also, if he's been on his own for a while, he might be possessive of food, you don't want a fight over food.

As for the watery eyes, it could be something as simple as a cold or something more serious. Just keep an eye on it.

I know he's hungry, but don't give him too much food at once. Give him a tablespoon of wet food mixed with warm water every couple of hours. Too much food at once can make him vomit, & he doesn't need that with all he's been through.

Make sure he gets lots of fluids. Go to your local butcher & get some soup bones (mine gives me a couple for free whenever I go there). Fill a large pot with water & boil the bones for 45 minutes. Add some of the broth to his water to encourage him to drink.

As an aside, you can also freeze the broth into popsicles on warm summer days, which is great entertainment for the human as the cat chases the popsicle around the bowl trying to lick it to death.

If there's anything I can do, let me know. I actually prefer dogs, but my dog is a cat person (loves cats, hates dogs). With a little help from me, she's taken 14 cats off the street (she "talks" to them, starts playing with them & they follow us home). The kitty in my siggy & avi is Quincy, he was a 4 month old feral kitten that followed us in one cold February night (he was cat #2 that my Lily dog "rescued"). The local no-kill shelter told me to put down, because feral cats can't ever adjust to living indoors (they're the same idiots that wanted me to pay their vet to check whether another of Lily's strays was healthy before they would post him on their website).

Oh, & if anyone has any doubts that a feral cat can be trained, let alone tamed, here are some videos to amuse:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O1Si...e=channel_page

Once again thanks for helping the little kitty. Nice to know there are still good people out there in the world.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I wanted to post a picture of my cat that I found dying in the field by my house so you can see that the cat will get better it just takes time. She is so lovely, and I have no clue why anyone would just dump her like that. She had ALL of the same problems your cat you found has.

I was thinking about this ALL night long
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_April View Post
    I wanted to post a picture of my cat that I found dying in the field by my house so you can see that the cat will get better it just takes time. She is so lovely, and I have no clue why anyone would just dump her like that. She had ALL of the same problems your cat you found has.

She is adorable. What a precious face she has!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

AWWWWW she is gorgeous.....BIG HEARTS TO U TOO!!!
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/signaturepics/sigpic24297_2.gif
    http://pureromance.com/index.aspx?cnsltID=36112

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

It is just heartbreaking what some people do to animals - Thank God you found that poor kitty and found it in your heart to help her.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is going to make you cry...
    I am heart sick....

snapped some shot of this poor cat while I fed him earlier. they are kind of bright but you can still see the horrendous shape he is in....this is painful to look at.. BTW he is still eating well.. Iwilltake him to the Vet tomorrow and see what they can do for him.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Gorgeous Kitty.. Very lucky to have you!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information