User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Bet all the ice cream will taste extra delicious because it was free - great deal and enjoy

Trading Score
    26 (96%)

Well I personally think you did great!

If the store didn't want to abide by the SCOP then why the heck did they join? Once they sign up they should follow the rules. If you keep going back and the price remains wrong despite your informing them then kudos to you for getting it free!

I know last week at RCSS when my hubby and I picked up the CFL light bulbs and we got them with the SCOP they changed the price on the shelf right away! So if they don't and you can keep getting them free than by all means go for it! They don't feel bad when they rip they're customers off with mispriced items so why should we feel bad.
    Who ever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know how to shop with coupons!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Too bad it's not mandatory like it is here in Quebec. Let me tell you they hate to be caught and I think are a little more vigilant in getting it right. I've caught a handful over the years but somtimes it's not worth it. Waiting with impatient children can sometimes override getting a free item.

You did good by keeping them on their toes, but they seem to be learning the lesson the hard way.

REMEMBER - SCOP is to protect the CONSUMER.
    Last edited by Patty Smyth; Mon, May 4th, 2009 at 08:34 PM.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Good for you! I don't see the problem with you SCOP'ing all of that stuff--I'd do exactly the same thing in your position! Serves them right for not doing their job.

And I don't understand the debate over the morality--it seems everytime someone finds a SCOP, they post it on here so that others might take advantage of it too. So what's the difference in one savvy consumer getting the same product a few times if the staff are too busy/lazy/overstretched to do their job?

Keep up the great detective work!

denise

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I happily abide by Scop at my store, sometimes the rude customers who snarl "I get it for free" is kinda off putting, and trust me, giving it to people who have no idea is nice!

A few things to remember; Head office likes to change prices on us (I've seen this so many times at Loblaws), it's like they want to give it to customers for free! Be nice and courteous, it makes the situation much nicer. And stop assuming the store is trying to rip you off, mistakes happen, and in such a large store these things are bound to happen, just be diligent in watching your prices.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    stop assuming the store is trying to rip you off
    Personally I have no problem with the initial mistake, after all you are right mistakes do happen. However when I try to get my free item (and believe me, I dont snarl) and they argue with me on the matter that isnt a mistake it is just bad service. Even worse when they dont fix the price after the first time. After you complain once about it, the store IS ripping you off if they dont fix it.

You sound like you do customer service proud though.

Allergic to Stupidity
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Emperor - I'm sorry you've been attacked for this post ... I say "GOOD FOR YOU!!"
    I'm pretty new at SCOP myself, but I've always watched the register display, and I ALWAYS point out an incorrect price.
    And I agree - the employees being too lazy to check their shelf prices is basically theft ... the store IS stealing money from our (the shoppers) pockets, and should be stopped. As was posted here earlier, I too used to work retail ... and I confess, I HATED having to go through the entire stock and repricing everything. However, that was part of my job description, so I say now to all those retail employees "suck it up & do yer jobs." I did.
    BTW, Emperor, do you want to come to MY town for awhile? We need a WM watchdog here, too!
    Cheers & keep up the good work ... and KUDOS for not giving in to the negativity.

@ Lekate: I'm glad to see retail staff who actually BELIEVE in customer service. Sometimes, I think CS is becoming like Santa Claus. :D
    Last edited by Kaldirris; Tue, May 5th, 2009 at 04:23 PM.
    Better to remain silent & be thought a fool than to open your mouth & confirm it.
    $15 Paypal, $100 Amazon since July, and counting! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Kaldirris

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldirris View Post
    Emperor, do you want to come to MY town for awhile? We need a WM watchdog here, too!
    The insanely coincidental thing about that, is that I am going to be going to Victoria next week! I am on vacation from the 9th until the 18th so should be there a good 5 days or so (we are driving).

If I happen to see any good SCOP's while I am there I will be sure to let you know :D

Allergic to Stupidity
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorOfCanada View Post
    The insanely coincidental thing about that, is that I am going to be going to Victoria next week! I am on vacation from the 9th until the 18th so should be there a good 5 days or so (we are driving).

If I happen to see any good SCOP's while I am there I will be sure to let you know :D

HAHAHA! That's sooo funny!

BTW - if you're looking for a good, casual place to eat, if you've never heard of it before, try John's Place on Pandora St, right downtown. Their eggs benny are absolutely incredible! Actually, all their food is fantastic, and the prices & portions are great!! And the lunch special - the bottomless bowl of soup? Mmmmmm.
    PS - terrific customer service there. Rodney is the host with da most!!
    Last edited by Kaldirris; Tue, May 5th, 2009 at 05:28 PM.
    Better to remain silent & be thought a fool than to open your mouth & confirm it.
    $15 Paypal, $100 Amazon since July, and counting! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Kaldirris

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldirris View Post
    HAHAHA! That's sooo funny!

BTW - if you're looking for a good, casual place to eat, if you've never heard of it before, try John's Place on Pandora St, right downtown. Their eggs benny are absolutely incredible! Actually, all their food is fantastic, and the prices & portions are great!! And the lunch special - the bottomless bowl of soup? Mmmmmm.
    PS - terrific customer service there. Rodney is the host with da most!!
    I'll keep that in mind :D Thanks again

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I think it's great that you keep checking to see if the stores are correcting their prices and if not you get the item for free. Personally I've never had SCOP but I don't know if that's lucky for me or not, lol, since I don't get the item free but so many stores don't keep track of price changes. It could be because it slips through the paperwork or the just don't care but either way they need to start making changes. I always pay attention when my items are being rung in but how many ppl don't and they end up being overcharged???? I say good for you!!!

Have a Banana Daily Beast Master's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Gee, all I will say is that you do what I have sometimes thought of doing, but, to a particular store that I would love to screw over.
    I have a habit now, especially WM and Zellers, to make a list of the prices and make sure they are correct, as, they often are not. I have gotten a few freebies that way, but, always something I was buying anyway, at the ADVERTISED price.
    I check prices at the scanners, a lot, because I don't know about your local WM, but mine you are often left guessing what the price is...maybe that is to protect themselves from SCOP, but, I am a person that always puts things back where I found them.
    I guess that is because years ago I worked in a store and cursed the A-holes that would just toss things about.
    Please vote daily for my ferret site.
    http://1award.co.uk/addvote.php?vote=3368

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Holy hostle thread Batman!!! I myself scop'd 3 items at walmart tonight. I dont hate If I added up my scop's over the passed 4months Im sure it would add up too. Although I dont use the scanner and check first. lol! My name is mlongboat and Im a scopaholic
    Last edited by mlongboat; Thu, May 7th, 2009 at 12:02 AM.

smartmama
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Found this interesting. Emperor of Canada, I am impressed that you did not get defensive. No judgement here.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mom4boys1girl View Post
    once at SDM i went to but cold medicine and the shelf said $5.99 on sale so i got the day and night
    when it rang up it was $7.99 so i told the cashier it said $5.99 on shelf
    she said she would check and wandered off
    she came back with the outdated sale stickers and said they forgot to take them off so i would get both of them free

Which SDM was this at?? This sounds an aweful lot like something I would do as an SDM cashier....

Why are people getting mad at her for SCOPing?? It's OUR right as a consumer. I play for both sides here as an SDM employee and avid coupon whore...so I say if you can catch em' why not? Just be humble as should the cashier!
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve meat my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information