User Tag List

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Awesome.

I've heard of this site but never actually looked.

Do you have to trade before accepting. How does it work?

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Freecycle is great. It is a yahoo group. People post items that they no longer want and others 'apply' to get them. How a person is chosen is totally up to the giver, some do a draw, some do first come, some gift to the person they determine most worthy. You don't have to 'trade' before being acceptrd but it is a community of giving so it helps to give as well as get. People can look at your history as well and personally I am reluctant to give to people who only ask for things. I have given away a ton stuff.

Each city has thier own group. Just a heads up the Saskatoon group is called FullCircles.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Free cycle rules I haven't had to buy clothes new for a year
    I got my couch and love seat off free cycle they are still in perfect shape My microwave, my computer desk, A couple fish tanks and supplies, soap making supplies, which after about 3 monthes I realized I was never going to use them so I freecycled them to someone esle, a computer, a computer moniter, plants, a tent. I can't even remember all the things that I have freecycled to others.. Its awesome I love the idea

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Info for anyone in Halifax Metro, there are three groups called: Sackville, Dartmouth and HRM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    Info for anyone in Halifax Metro, there are three groups called: Sackville, Dartmouth and HRM.
    Thanks AmberLab

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

WOW!!! Many awesome Freecyclers in here. I got a cat condo too off there. She picked me cause i take in strays...
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/signaturepics/sigpic24297_2.gif
    http://pureromance.com/index.aspx?cnsltID=36112

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I'm a freecycler too!!!
    I have received a great hot/cold water cooler, microwave & stand, bed frame...too many things to count
    And I have offered much as well...I guess my best offer (to me) was my queen bedroom set in great condition...I just didn't have the room.
    I actually freecycled the glade sense & sprays today that I had purchased a few weeks ago...I just don't like the smell of glade

Happy freecycling everyone!!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Yep I've given away a wrought iron bed frame, a ton of kids books and baby clothes.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Thanks

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

freecycle is great! I've given away a washer & dryer, baby clothes, toys, books, changing table, air purifier and probably other things I can't think of right now! I've received a blender, bedframe and headboard for my son, toys, puzzles and more!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

one nice woman offered me some stickers to take my extra formula ... and she showed up with a HUGE gift bag FULL of stickers ... i almost fainted

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got my daughter a fisher price play house, sun faded yes but who cares???? I didn't and neither does she!

I have given away BABY CLOTHES TONS AND TONS Lol crib, mattress etc etc etc
    KIDDIE KLIPZ
    cute clips for your kiddes

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

In Saskatoon there is Freecycle.org as well as the group which broke away from the official organization - that's the one called FullCircles, which I stayed with along with the vast majority of original members. We did this a few years ago when the umbrella group was undergoing changes, and wouldn't guarantee they wouldn't sell member information.
    We definitely offer more than we ask - and it's great for clearing out stuff that you know someone else will use and love! I suppose I most often give books and household items. Our son uses it for electronics and computer bits and pieces, both giving and receiving.
    Most amazing thing my son got was a bluetooth headset for the cellphone we had gotten him - so generous! And sometimes there is generosity of time/spirit as well - son needed a tiny part to make his old GameCube function again - and a man not only gave him the part but did the repair for him!
    My fave was getting about eight beautiful perennials for my garden last year!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

In the past I have used freecycle when moving, although I have had some trouble with getting people to pick things up. I have never had any luck in being the reciever, but it is great when I see that someone can use something I can't.

Right now in our laundry room, it has become a sort of freecycle. I think it is great. You can leave small pieces of furniture, clothing etc there with a note and often someone will find a use for it. I know that I have gotten a rubbermaid container tote (large size) from there, some candles, and brand new small giftbags today (still packaged). It is a community effort in ways .

Someone who had moved out left their extra laundry detergent, almost half a box of the large tide detergent. It is great to see that it is a waste not want not building.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love Freecycle and there is a whole thread about it somewhere....both good and bad stuff....but for me, the trick is to GIVE AWAY stuff...not collect it!! (I've done enough damage in that area with all the freebies!!)

MissBobloblaw RULES
    and so do my new GREEN shoes

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information