User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sdm = mad!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

OMG...I am soo MAD @ Shoppers rite now. So over the last couple days, i made 3 trips to 3 different SDM's and i offically hate them all.
    On Friday, I went in to buy 2 Febreeze cans, and i tried to use the B2get1000points coupon that SDM emailed me bcs I was an Optimum plus member. The cashier said she couldnt read the coupon and so she couldn't tell if it was authentic. I had to pull up the email on my iphone, show it to her. Then the stupid thing wouldnt scan, so i had to pull up the email again, and read the UPC # off the email.
    On Sunday, went SDM, bought more than $50 worth of stuff, used my coupons, and the cashiers said i wouldn't be getting the points, since my total after coupons was $49, i tried telling her that I would since all the coupons entered was code 2001. She wouldnt listen, to shut her up I ended up buying a candy bar and i got the full 15x points. But when i tried using B$50get1000 coupons, the same thing happenned. She even had to call the manager who had to look at the email on my phone, before telling her to put it thru.
    Then yesterday, I went to SDM and ended up craving chocolate. So i brought the Nestle Noir w/ Caramel (OMG...sooo good, but thats not the point here) and tried using my B1get1000 points coupon from the same email...and i swear all hell broke loose. First the cashier accused me of photocopying the coupon. ummm no, its a printed coupon. She didnt believe me, so i showed her the email. Then she claimed that she couldnt read the expiry date on the printed coupon, so she didnt know if it was valid so she couldnt take it. When i showed it to her in the email, she couldnt read it either cuz the friggin thing was neon green. When she called the manager, the manager said the same thing, even when i showed them the fact that the email was sent out June 30 so it couldnt be expired in less than a week. After even arguing, manager finally agreed to take the coupon, but then of course the thing wouldnt scan. So the cashier tried to type up the code, but it wouldnt go thru. WHY? Cuz the girl didnt type the first number or the last 0...i swear she did this like 4 times, before i was like i think u need to enter all the numbers even the first & last. Shes said, no, not usually...but when she did, it worked. D'uh!!

So to conclude my rant...WHY does SDM bother to send out coupons in their emails if they dont train their staff on how to take them? And why are they not told when such coupons are sent out so that the customers who are trying to use them don't look like frauds???
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by Beckster; Tue, Jul 7th, 2009 at 09:49 AM.

Valley Girl
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Wow that is annoying!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I completely agree with you! SDM should train their employees on coupon policy. They should have a coupon policy visible for all shoppers and cashiers. And the cashiers should have a list of all recent SDM coupons that shoppers will use.

I had a different experience yesterday. I tried to use my save.ca coupons and the cashier wouldn't let me because she said it was an internet coupon. I said no it isn't. It's legit and that there's no way I can photocopy this or print this at home. It even stated on the coupon that it's a manufacturer coupon and that it was mailed to the customer!!! She didn't care and said it came from the internet. The cashier was trying me make me look like a fraud. Since I had to pick up my daughter I didn't have time to talk to the manager. I left with my coupons. Later in the evening, I tried another SDM...same situation but when we called the manager...she said yes we can use them.

All the headache we have to go thrpugh. I completed understand about internet coupons but saying that they don't accept Save.ca coupons???? Come on!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Those coupons have to be scanned- they are very exclusive to only a handful of people. It sounds like you need a new printer or maybe set the quality higher on the print. How did you expect them to input it if the bar code is too fuzzy or the numbers can't be read? (of course they could have a sample copy of their own but that's too easy).

In my experience, you really need to do everything in your power to make life as easy as possible for the cashiers (e.g. print high quality coupons, highlight the expiry, ask them how they'd like the coupons- all at once or per item, etc,etc,). It may be more work, and not seem fair, but in the end it's less aggravation for everyone involved. They always have the upper hand because they have the right to refuse the transaction. You have no rights- except to complain after the fact in writing to head office or phone call, etc.

Having coupons in your hand does not entitle you to ANYTHING. The power always lies with the store, after all this is their merchandise and their property. They can refuse anything that they don't like. Your only way to get what you want is to play the game cleverly.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I feel for you. I had never really had issues at SDM but I do at Walmart and wasted coupons because I was not able to use them.

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

haha, i know how you feel. wha'ts the point of sending out emails/coupons when the cashier at SDM won't even let you use it?? even to go as far as accusing you? that's just horrible.
    Follow me on Tumblr or Twitter!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oogieboogie View Post
    Those coupons have to be scanned- they are very exclusive to only a handful of people. It sounds like you need a new printer or maybe set the quality higher on the print. How did you expect them to input it if the bar code is too fuzzy or the numbers can't be read? (of course they could have a sample copy of their own but that's too easy).

In my experience, you really need to do everything in your power to make life as easy as possible for the cashiers (e.g. print high quality coupons, highlight the expiry, ask them how they'd like the coupons- all at once or per item, etc,etc,). It may be more work, and not seem fair, but in the end it's less aggravation for everyone involved. They always have the upper hand because they have the right to refuse the transaction. You have no rights- except to complain after the fact in writing to head office or phone call, etc.

Having coupons in your hand does not entitle you to ANYTHING. The power always lies with the store, after all this is their merchandise and their property. They can refuse anything that they don't like. Your only way to get what you want is to play the game cleverly.
    Actually u could read the barcode on the coupon...it was just small. It wasn't fuzzy. And I printed them exactly the same way it was emailed to me. I don't know why the barcode wouldn't scan, but the numbers were visible.
    But that still doesn't excuse the fact that the cashier & manager refused to believe that they were legitimate coupons from SDM.
    Last edited by Beckster; Tue, Jul 7th, 2009 at 10:29 AM.

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

i find you either get a person who knows what they are doing or a clueless one.

I was told i couldnt have a raincheck for Pop because they do not always carry coke zero only occassionaly. Point being they only had 1 case left and it was buy 2 for 8.99 - then the girl was i dont make the rules so i stated "looks like you are trying to" i asked for just a raincheck for coke 12pk products and she absolutely refused to give it to me. There was no manager on duty only a supervisor (another girl maybe 20 at the oldest) and she just laughed at me. I left pretty ticked off! i refuse to go to that shoppers now!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oogieboogie View Post

I completely agreed with you. I do however have issues with cashiers and even with managers who do not seem to understand how coupons are suppose to work. To clarify, I tried to use b1g1 for the mosquito lamp and the $6 printable coupon and the cashier refused to take them saying that I cannot combine coupons for the same item. I clearly explained to her that I have two coupons and I"m buying two items. One with the $6 and one with the b1g1, "I get this one free using this coupon when I buy the other one which I am". Still nothing. Then I e-mailed the store and got two different responses. One saying that if the coupon does not state that it cannot be combine with any other offers than it's fine and the other person saying that I'm using two coupons for the same item and it's not possible. They should have a more concrete written guidelines in their store so everyone knows exactly what is allow and what is not. It makes it very frustating when it works sometimes and not another time. I never expected it not to work so I used it two days before it expire and was not able to make use of it. Very frustrating.

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

thats so frustrating! i havent had a bad experience thus far, they just scan them for me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can't begin to tell you the problems I've had with SDM, from refusing coupons, to not honouring the price scan policy, to ablsoluetly rude cashiers.

It's too bad they don't have a real competitor in the sense of product selection, flyer deals, and being on every freakin' major intersection in the nation.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dealseekers View Post
    i can't begin to tell you the problems i've had with sdm, from refusing coupons, to not honouring the price scan policy, to ablsoluetly rude cashiers.

It's too bad they don't have a real competitor in the sense of product selection, flyer deals, and being on every freakin' major intersection in the nation.
    agreed!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

the same situation happened to me at the SDM at Elgin Mills + Bayview in Richmond Hill. I suggest you write to Shoppers Drug Mart. A representative named Trevor got back to me and said all coupons are supposed to be accepted provided they are legible and valid within the expiry date. He also offered to forward the email I wrote to the location since I named names of the supervisor and cashier that gave me a hard time and accused me of Xeroxing.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

If you had problems with them accepting the SDM printed coupons then you should call head office and tell them. Ask why don't they either a) send out coupons via mail or b) inform all stores of these coupons so they don't have to act stupid about them. If several stores gave you trouble you should tell SDM about it...

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

I actually really like SDM, maybe I just got lucky with the store I go to, but I understand what you mean, a lot of the employees don't know about half the promotions that go on there.
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information