User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Thanks the the stories everyone!

We took DS into Bernie's, a small down home barbershop when we ran errands this morning. They were awesome, so personable and you wouldn't have known it, very child friendly! DS's cut was free! I gave them a tip anyway. Their regular price for kids is $10.xx. I will be taking him back there for future haircuts, I know when I've found a good thing.

(Oh the reason I couldn't take DS to DH's barber, is because DH's barber is me. He's bald and I shear him weekly.)

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I buzz my three year old son`s and DH`s on a monthly basis. We took DS in to my regular stylist for his first cut when he was 2-ish and it was free, Daddy buzzed him once, and now he`s not allowed to do it anymore!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I cut DH's hair, along with my own, and all the dogs in the house (lol), so I figure that I will be cutting DS hair as well. But DH and I plan on having toby wear a little mohawk anyways (just like daddy, and sometimes mummy...hahaha!) and hawks are really easy to do.
    Remember that even though pets are here for such a short time they teach us things we would never be able to learn in many lifetimes on our own.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My daughter was saved from "home" haircuts.....her aunt is a hairdresser.
    For hubby it was well worth it to buy clippers ($25) and do it ourselves. We've been using them for the past 5 years. And this way, if he pisses me off, I can get revenge when I use the clippers. LOL LOL
    My hair is straight, so I can trim it, but I'm yearning for a real haircut.....
    Please have pets spayed and neutered.

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Logan's first hair cut we took him to Zellers. it was around $10 I think, and they gave me a big chunk of his hair in a bag and a little certificate, it was really cute. After that though we just started using the buzzer to do it, it suits him well that look and he doesn't fuss at all, just put a movie on for him and he's out to lunch lol. I do DH's hair that way....he's going bald so he likes it kept short lol

Our second son Sebastian is too young to have his first hair cut but I will probably do the same, take him somewhere for his first time and then do it at home after that.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I agree if your child has nice thick hair the clippers for $25-$30 are a really good investment.

Trading Score
    164 (100%)

Up until a few months ago, my mother cut my 6.5 year old son's hair and no one else. My son has autism and we weren't quite sure how he might react to a barber. However, while I was away on business and my parents came to visit and babysit, my father unbeknownst to my mother or myself, took my son to get his haircut at the barbers, and it went surprisingly well. So now, I think it will be another new thing to add to his routine, but I think to each their own and if you can find a child-friendly barber or stylist, more power to you!

Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I just cut my 5 yr olds hair last night. It was past her bum and she decide it was time. I cut 6-7 inches off and she loves it. i also buzz my sons hair and hubby's.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

My dh has cut my daughters hair once! I was at work when he did it. He told me over the phone. I was freaking out!! Got home and it looked really good. So now I have been on him to cut it again!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Patty cuts everyone's hair at the house. (Is there anything that woman can't do???) She took hairdressing in high school and is very good at it.
    Last edited by DH666; Sat, Jul 18th, 2009 at 03:17 PM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

used to cut my daughter's hair til she was 2. gave her really cute pixie type cuts, just long enough on the top to sweep to the side and place a little clip. ohh i miss that!!

my son, well i bought a set of wahl clippers with attachments up to 1" long. he cries a bit, he's still 9 months. i like to keep his hair trimmed it grows too fast. he's had about 4 haircuts so far.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by caitfoster View Post
    I cut DH's hair, along with my own, and all the dogs in the house (lol), so I figure that I will be cutting DS hair as well. But DH and I plan on having toby wear a little mohawk anyways (just like daddy, and sometimes mummy...hahaha!) and hawks are really easy to do.

good job, i used to get my brother in trouble for giving him mohawks, funny enough i was never the one who got yelled at for it.
    i used to do my own really high undercuts for years.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Kings County Coupon Queen sarah_300c's Avatar
    Trading Score
    693 (100%)

I have a 10 month old boy. I don't know the first the first thing about cutting hair, but I do plan to do it myself when the time comes. It is soooo expensive to get haircuts and I will atleast try doing it myself before coughing up that much money. Let's hope I don't mess up too bad in the first few tries! LOL!

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

anyone heard of the flowbee? my dad bought this and hasnt been to the barber for a good 15-20 years. this things pretty cool. i would never use it though i like my hair long

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

my mom used to cut my hair...mainly because I wouldnt let anyone actually cut it just a trim so it wasnt worth the money to trim the ends a bit
    and yes I had hair to my butt till I was around 10 then got it cut up short found out my hair was too puffy and thick for shorter hair (think almost afro ughh) and grew it back out to my waist again haha now its about chest length and all layered up and everything plus they thinned it out when I was in TO so it goes really well idk how well it will go when I start getting it cut here again where they wont thin it out for me

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information