User Tag List

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Ok well I saw a recipe for peanut butter icing and well I am a sucker for anything peanut butter but I have a question. It calls for milk but I am lactose intolerant and was wondering if I could add water? The reason I ask is that normally oil and water don't mix and I would think that peanut butter would be considered an oil and would the icing still work? I know that when I measure out peanut butter, rinsing the measuring cup with water first keeps the p.butter from sticking to it because the two don't mix together. It also makes cleanup sooo much easier! But with icing would it matter if I mixed the peanut butter and water together? Other than p.butter and milk I think it has icing sugar. So it is technically butter icing with p.b instead of butter/margerine. Thanks for any help in advance!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Please take a moment to visit my blog! www.heatherv11.wordpress.com

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Are you able to drink soy milk? It would work just as well as milk and wouldn't effect the taste either.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I've made pb icing with water, or with orange juice, too (you can't taste it).
    I'm lactose intolerant, too, but having just a little bit of icing with milk isn't enough to bother me, or to bother using Lactaid tablets for.

Thread Information