User Tag List

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I broke my foot in June, needed crutches (never got the bill the hospital said would come my way), but now i have crutches I no longer need. I don't want to hold on to them, because wishful thinking, I never want to fall down the stairs and break my foot again, but realistically speaking, I want to travel for the next few years and don't want to leave crutches at my mom's house. So what to do? Can I donate them? I was thinking because in the US they probably are much more expensive than what I should have paid for them (25$) maybe bring them to the states and donate them?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Try the local Red Cross to see if they will accept it, they have a program of loaning out items like crutches and wheel chairs.

If not, there is a section for aids like that on kijiji as well.

Trading Score
    57 (100%)

If you have a local freecycle group you can poste them on there for someone to come and pick them up.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Check with your local hospital - they can always use them for injured folks coming into emergency.

If they won't take them, if you have a Salvation Army or Goodwill, they often work with folks with disabilities who may need them.

It's great to hear you don't need them anymore.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

Check with the local Lion's club or Legion, many times they donate items out to folks.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Thanks for the tips! I'm going to call Sally Ann about it, I love that organization! (even though it's a church, and I'm not a church person)...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I kept mine.. I paid for them and figured I may need them one day again.. or a family member may. Keep them just in case.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by April07 View Post
    I kept mine.. I paid for them and figured I may need them one day again.. or a family member may. Keep them just in case.
    I would do this, but I want to travel and minimize the amount of stuff I leave with family, unless of course a family member offers to take them. But in my opinion, they were so cheap, it's not a huge deal for me to donate them to someone who could use them, rather than collect dust in a storage room.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post

It's great to hear you don't need them anymore.
    Thanks it was soo annoying because I go to the Ottawa Bluesfest every year and volunteer, and it was sooo hard to get around with the crutches, but I had to persevere, imagine someone rocking out to KISS while using crutches to support themselves, and trust me, headbanging to the Dead Weather with the crutches = not a great idea. hehe.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I have had two serious leg injuries and boy was I ever glad I had held onto my crutches when I got hurt the second time.

But yeah, I might even contact Doctors Without Borders/Medecins San Frontieres to see if they will take them. They might not even have to ship them overseas, I heard they also have some projects in First Nations communities

http://www.msf.ca/

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

We kept my husbands.. The kids love to play with them. I figure the way they play they will probably end up breaking their leg too and then I'll end up with a kid pair as well!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

If you want to donate them ... in Ottawa there is a place at Carling/Kirkwood area where they take donations of all accessibility devices and then you can borrow from them if you need them...I can't remember the name exactly, I have it at work...if you are interested pm me, and i will find the name out.

Thread Information