Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

so very true!!!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by leeleelala View Post
    Which PP is this? The staff at my local Rexall are amazing except for one lady who hate me using coupons as much as I hate getting her when I have to use coupons!..LOL

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I always get nervous when I use coupons. Last time the cashier was great though!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by taraf_14 View Post
    Go to a younger cashier next time. We could care less about what coupons we redeem because we dont plan on being a cashier there for the rest of our lives... and you most likely can redeem cash for kids at the younger cashier as well!!
    Its worth a try
    happy shopping!
    Haha I agree, when I work on cash I could care less when people use coupons!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    Haha I agree, when I work on cash I could care less when people use coupons!!
    My understanding is that the Cash for Kids coupons are only good in grocery stores.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coupon_Queen View Post
    some cashiers feel like they own the store!
    +1 well said! Another funny thing, they think you're using the coupons because you're poor and can't afford to buy ... no Mrs.Borat, I do that to save my money! not because I am a beggar!
    <input id="gwP" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsP" type="hidden">

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

When I am about to use a bunch of coupons in an unfamiliar store sometimes I approach the checkout lanes holding my breath and bracing myself for the worst.

This is terrible. It shouldn't be this way that we have to anticipate being hassled based on past experiences.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had an annoying experience at a Pharma Plus too. I had the 20% off coupon, which has no minimum purchase on it, and the cashier kept threatening me that it was no good. I told her to scan and see what happens. I told her that it was not the $2 off $20, but she was a real pill. Boy was she surprised when it worked. I saved 60 cents off chocolate milk, but why not? I think she was miffed that it worked. It would be nice if they trained all their staff properly. I hope she was having a bad day and she's not always like that.

It sounds like you encountered a real power tripper.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

My 1st coupon experience at Rexall was similar, cashier seemed miffed that I had coupons to use...guess she didnt want to do the extra work by entering them! Oh well, that her/his job!

Better luck next time!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saveoneverthing View Post
    OK, the cashier at my pharma plus is a real piece of cake! She always has something to say ... like i reallywant to hear about her x-husband and her weight loss. So today I go in to get more gum on sale and the lady infront of me bought some stuff and I noticed that her bill was over $20 so i offered her the $2 of $20 Rexall coupon and the cashier said that it is not transferable... i can't give it to her. But she lied and said that the bar code is unique to me. (NOT TRUE) She just wanted to exert her power.

SO now it's my purchase, I was goin to use the Cash for Kids $1 off Gum coupon. and she said that it is not good for other stores. THIS might actually be true BUT BY NOW I WAS SO PISSED OFF THAT I FORGOT all about the other $1 off excel coupon and just left the purchase there and walked out of the store.
    Later today or tomorrow I will go back with the other coupon and get the gum..... that !@#?* cashier is not going to deprive me of gum.

FEEL ALOT better now. thanks for the vent/rant
    Sounds like she was just doing her job, protecting her company from loss and a little to chatty? she might be wrong about the bar code thing but its probably something she was told be her supervisor.

I am in CS and i know when ever we have to say no to a customer they almost always take it personal and think its an attack on them or say that we have some kind of attitude.

I dont deal with coupons but if we did, i can imagine that i would be more then happy to accept a "legit" one as it means more business for my company. I guess its just hard to imagine someone actually power tripping over a coupon (not saying it doesnt happen though) im sure anything is possible lol

Trading Score
    130 (100%)

I should say, you are not alone. I have lots of issue with the cashier or even the manager for the Pharma Plus.

The lady use to work there always have something to say when i use the coupon. Even i use the 25cent coupon. And that store did not take save.ca coupons. Last time I try to use the Olay $10 coupon, they told me should only use in the cream thing. even the manager is st..d. She did not read anything in coupon, you only can use the coupon when the there is pic and for same item, if there is not pic, come on you can not use it.

she never read the coupon, i think she do not read at all, any time the coupon show "any" she only allow use for the one in pic.

I try to email to the head office, but their website never work. I called them, and they give the store manager number who is that lady. She never aplogy. And told me I should follow the store rule

Last edited by crazyindark; Fri, Jul 31st, 2009 at 03:37 PM.
    My trade list check coupon trading
    Wish List:
    Trade with GC, Permanent Stamps, Herbal Essences FPC,or any FPC coupon, $5 Cascade, or Cimplex Movie pass,Movie GOGO, $2 stayfree coupon(no print out coupon),
    $2 any Kellogg’s product

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

lemme at her......hehe
    sorry you had to deal with her ego.....

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There are people working at Pharma Plus who do know their jobs. I go to the one near my mom and they are always great. I bring lots of coupons and divide the purchase into $20 increments to maximize the savings. Never a peep of a complaint.

The one near me isn't as good. There are always cashiers who cannot read. Literally. They'll tell me that the coupon is no good for some reason, and then you point out that that's not what the coupon says, and it goes on...

The barcode thing is definitely not true, and the reason companies make these coupons available is for customer loyalty. Being a jerk to the customer is against the store's interest. A lot of employees don't care. I just take my business elsewhere.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

Sorry to hear that!! You might want to email head office about her attitude.

Trading Score
    361 (100%)

My pharma plus is great! I also break my order in $20 amounts if I have alot to save the $2. They even scan it before my other coupons, so I really save! As for the cash for kids coupons, where does it say that you can only use them at grocery stores? Because it says something about the grocery foundation?
    Join me on swagbucks, and get an envelope worth $50 when you earn your first 100 swagbucks.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/anner2050

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information