User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    3 (80%)

with cute little boxes or not they have at Dollarama close to me is these little chinese take out boxes anywhere else they be expensive of course but 5 for 1$ thats a steal in my mind.

you would probably want to put a gift out there something you love together as a couple and something you know that will stretch a long way.

I have been only to a couple weddings but this one I worked at the Bride and Groom wanted rubber duckies...then in the bottom of rubber ducky they wrote on each of them something special. Then around their neck they tied ribbons and attached a small bag with some little candies they found at the local bulk food store. It was cute and each guest coming into the reception was handed a little rubber ducky.
    Last edited by greentires4me; Tue, Feb 16th, 2010 at 03:36 AM.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

we did floral seed packets (personalized with a sticker from us)...they were a hit!
    (We did violet seeds and forget-me-nots)

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    121 (99%)

We made oreo chocolate bark wrapped in a bag with riboon and a gift tag,
    Everyone loved them,

Easy

Recipe White chocolate baking wafers from bulk bins and crushed oreo's. Melt White chocolate stir in oreos, pour onto baking tray, put in freezer to harden quickly, break into pcs and wrap

We also sprayed terracotta pots silver and put potted primula flowers in them. We had those as center pieces so they were taken home at end of nite.

Pots & baggies were bought over time at michaels on 40% coupon

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

When I got married I asked the Lindor rep for a demo box of there red ball and she gave me a case of 500!! She said it was like a demo that she just didn't have to pay someone to hand them out
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I like things that match your wedding theme. Friends of mine did the candy bar like above and it was a huge hit (their wedding was a big outdoor summer thing, so all their candy was yellows and white.) I am a big fan of practical or edible giveways. Too many people don't keep the 'keepsakes' unless they have a use (picture frames, wine bottles stoppers, etc, are all great, they have a use).

oh, another fun one i got at a beach wedding was flip flops!

SDM Optimum Queen Wannabe julie.leeds's Avatar
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Here is some cute personalized ribbon that you can use to tie your favours.

http://www.namemaker.com/productcart...?idProduct=658

Follow the elephant...
    http://thestthomasblog.com

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

we had a spoon with 2 hershey kisses on it wrapped in cello.the tag said a spoonful of kisses from the mr. and mrs.i thought it was cute
    barberella

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Dollorama has sugar and cream bowls , salt and pepper, 2 champagne glasses .

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

thanks for all the great ideas! for those who asked its going to be june 19th, no real theme, kinda black and white for colors

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Definitely do something nice - even if it's inexpensive, even if it's homemade.

My cousin and his wife gave us two yogurt covered almonds in a little satin bag... that was kinda tacky, like "thanks for coming to our wedding, here's two almonds!" uhh??? O.o
    Last edited by JunkpileJennifer; Tue, Feb 16th, 2010 at 08:23 AM.

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

i went to the lindt outlet/factory store and bought a bunch of truffles (all good still for many months) bought some ribbon when it was 4/1.00 at michaels, made tags, printed on good paper at Kinkos and bought silver truffle boxes online! i then bought some little flowers on line too (in mauve, our colour) and used a glue gun to fasten the ribbon with the tag and flowers ,... i loved them and cost me 50.00 total for 125 guests!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Litesandsirens911 View Post
    we did floral seed packets (personalized with a sticker from us)...they were a hit!
    (We did violet seeds and forget-me-nots)
    I must say when we got forget-me-not seeds from a wedding, it was an excellent favour. The wedding was in October, and when we planted the seeds in May, we sure thought of the couple and reminisced about the wedding!
    There are also plantable paper products you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by kt_9333 View Post
    thanks for all the great ideas! for those who asked its going to be june 19th, no real theme, kinda black and white for colors
    Wow, coming up soon! How many people? Do you have a budget for favours? Anything from your ethnic backgrounds which might inspire you?
    Edibles are always nice, in whatever form, but only if they are individually packages/wrapped. With a candy buffet, there are just hygiene issues.
    Anything handmade or homebaked sure would depend upon the number of guests you are having.
    As a guest, I like the practical things - the heart cookie cutter is cute, or something like a bottle stopper, there are heart measuring spoons; the ice cream scoop idea is cool.
    Last two weddings we were at - one was a very traditional wedding, favours were a shot glass with their names and date on a frosted-type sticker (unfortunately it washed off! guess we weren't supposed to actually 'use' them!) - and inside the glass was an organza bag with mini tootsie rolls in them, the bride's candy obsession.
    Other wedding was a second wedding for both, young children - about 50 guests. There was a treasure box (like from Michael's) the kids painted - on each table, and inside were those candy big jewel rings (not ringpops). So that was actually pretty cute. (I wore one, as did many of the women!) To give away the box with any candy leftover, people at each table had to guess when the couple had met and had their first date, and the closest got it.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I did Wildflower seeds and our tags said "A couple of wildflowers" I also made friendship pins in our wedding colours and attached to them to the little bags...Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I was at Zellers the other day (Sarnia) and they had boxes of those little bubbles with the doves on top on clearance... since your wedding is in the summer, something like that could be a nice little favor/favor add-on.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

For wedding favours, we bought small wedding photo frames at dollar store (lucky that at that time there was a dollar store chain closing down (Silver Dollar?) and we bought them for half price $0.50 each). Then we used colour printer to print 10 different pictures of ours and insert them into the photo frames ourselves (cause we have 10 guests each table and therefore each will have a different one). Then we also bought some Valentine's Day style wrapping paper/tissue paper at the same store and used them to wrap the photo frames ourselves. We also bought some ribbons to tie them up. I think the cost ended up being $1 or less than a dollar for each wedding favours.

We had about 150 guests and we had one for each of them. Or you can only give 1 to each couples attending your wedding which can further cut down the costs as well.

Hope this helps!
    Please check out my blog: http://mypandaspace.blogspot.ca/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information