User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    91 (100%)

Expired
    not sure if this is the right place, but could think of wheree else to post.
    looking for ideas for very inexpensive wedding favour ideas.
    any help? thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    122 (100%)

We used pretty ice cream scoops that had hearts engraved on it, who can't use a ice cream scoop!
    2010 Savings
    My Trade/ Wish List:

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

i made my own sailboat shaped sugar cookies (we had a beach themed wedding) - you can put them in their own cello bags and print/stamp your initials on a heavy cardboard and scallop the edges with craft scissors... this will cost you pennies per favour

another thing we did was we made our placecard holders out of plaster of paris and candy molds (shaped in seashells and starfish).. when they dried, we popped them out and painted them with a nice shiny white paint.. i used a hand saw to slice a groove in the middle (for the name card to go) and then added one of those craft roses and ribbons for a finished look.. they were AWESOME and so cheap to make (you just need TIME!).
    Earn Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=1643265

Wanna Trade? | Wish List
    Mom to a little baby boy and darling preschooler girl.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

make your own jam and put in decorated jars...SIL did this and it looked great

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Lots of charities have programs as well... I went to a wedding where they did this, and I love this idea. Honestly, I have ended up with so many wedding favours that sure, they were cute, but ended up in a drawer or closet... Here's an example: http://www.cancer.ca/ontario/how%20y...-weddings.aspx

Open a Tangerine bank account (formerly ING ) using my Orange Key (14507658S1), deposit $100 and we both get $25! Right now, receive up to $150 in bonuses and earn 2.50% interest!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

How many are you having? If you like the idea of something different and food related here are a couple of ideas-
    We had a brunch reception (we were married @ 10:00am) and then had a pub night get together that night. So, in keeping with the breakfast theme- we gave out breakfast for the next day- my mom made her special Orange Marmalade muffins, I made my banana- and in each bag- we included the recipes, and a plastic pouch with a tea bag, a single serve coffee, sugar and whitener. This cost us about $2.00 per person. ( The bag was the biggest expense @ $.50 each.) again- time. Depending on your time, baking is a good $$ way to go. ( It also kept my mom busy and out of my hair for 48hours before my wedding- it was a good thing

If you are having a large reception- you can also go the vanilla sugar route. You need baby jars (which you can have someone collect for you. I have even seen an add on Kijiji asking people to collect) lbs of sugar, vanilla beans, and a food processor. Add the vanilla bean insides to 1/2 a lb of sugar and whip it up in the processor. Pour into the jars and decorate- this is a big hit with the tea and coffee lover in the crowd because it tastes so yummy!

Good Luck and post pictures!!!

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Edible is great, it won't end up in a landfill! You could do chocolate letters in both of your initials, wrapped in cellophane and tied with ribbons in your colours...
    Open a Tangerine bank account (formerly ING ) using my Orange Key (14507658S1), deposit $100 and we both get $25! Right now, receive up to $150 in bonuses and earn 2.50% interest!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Something wrapped in cellophane or toule. Those little boxes are so expensive!

Go ahead, I Dare You! Carlyfalls's Avatar
    Trading Score
    161 (99%)

We did a candy bar, with small plastic bags (like at the candy store) and silver twist ties. Everyone was told to take home a bag of candy and also to eat as much as they wanted during the wedding. It was a huge hit, and replaced the favors that most people don't care about anyway. I did it all for under $100.. I got married in September so bought the candy at end of season clearance (and I SCOP'd the frogs!!) We bought 5 silver scoops in China town for $13 (included in my total) and the plastic bags at Michaels. My mom/aunts/grandma loaned me all the clear glass containers. I love candy, and am known to eat it by the truckload so everyone thought it was a perfect fit.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Do you have hobbies or a theme or special colours? We gave out sand dollars and a rose quartz in a gauze bag. Sand dollars have a "dove" inside and rose quartz to symbolize finding love. How about a lucky penny with the year of your wedding or, if you can find them 3 lucky pennies - one from the years of your births.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

When hubby and I were planning our wedding we made use of Michaels 50% and 40% coupons and ended up buying our favours from there. They were little white boxes which we then put hershey kisses inside (we ordered the labels to put on the bottom of the kisses it had our wedding date and names) then they were closed and tied with a ribbon. Not very expensive at all maybe $100 altogether and that was for over a 100 favours. The kisses we bought after the holidays and froze them until we needed them, lol....Depending on your colors and when your wedding is you may find something you could use in the Valentine clearance.

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

For ladies we did hershey kisses in netting, and for men, cigars and a box of matches with are names on them. We wanted to make sure the guys got something as well. Then the big hit was giving away the center peices we made. Dollar store bowls with rocks at the bottom, and a floating candle, and in each a goldfish, folks took them home and put them in ponds or tanks.

Big thing is time, and how many folks, we had a huge wedding so it was very time consuming, but went over well.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

We did cards. The front was cut out with a fish cookie cutter (fish was our theme) and a cookie recipe inside. I'll see if I can find pics.

Like this only with fish cookie cutters.

http://www.weddingthings.com/product...wedding_favors

We made them ourselves. Bought the cookie cutters en masse from bulk barn (they gave us a discount). Cost very little.
    Last edited by Insane; Mon, Feb 15th, 2010 at 11:46 PM.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Myguppy
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Carlyfalls View Post
    We did a candy bar, with small plastic bags (like at the candy store) and silver twist ties. Everyone was told to take home a bag of candy and also to eat as much as they wanted during the wedding. It was a huge hit, and replaced the favors that most people don't care about anyway. I did it all for under $100.. I got married in September so bought the candy at end of season clearance (and I SCOP'd the frogs!!) We bought 5 silver scoops in China town for $13 (included in my total) and the plastic bags at Michaels. My mom/aunts/grandma loaned me all the clear glass containers. I love candy, and am known to eat it by the truckload so everyone thought it was a perfect fit.

If you go this route [which would be a hit with kids/adults of ALL ages!], ask a friend to take you to Costco if you don't have a membership... GREAT prices on candy there [the bulk boxes of SO many different assortments, Belgian chocolate included- YUM!].

One idea we entertained for our wedding was making teabags with a special blend of tea [Depends on how much you can get a deal for at a local shop on the tea] and homemade tags saying ' (our names) a perfect blend!'. With the cost of the teabags and tea, I think we were looking at around $30 for over 100 favors? Depends on where you buy things, what paper you use, etc etc.
    An alternative to this is buying your favorite tea [with a string] and replacing the tag with one of your own. Put two teabags per package and put in cellobags, boxes [do you know anyone who owns a Cricut who could cut you out boxes?].. .whatever fits your fancy.

Congratulations on the marriage! I wish you two much happiness
    I'd love for you to take a look at my shop! Handmade fine jewellery: high quality, reasonable prices, locally made [by me!]

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think a mixed CD of both of your favourite music??

its cheap and inexpensive for a bunch of cds and you can put a little cover with your pictures. Its useful for many people i know i would love it. ANd bonus if you have friends who can also help out it would be perfect just buy them the supply and return the favour with your love lOL

congrats!! let us know what you use

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information