User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I love the show on Slice called "Rich Bride Poor Bride" and I have gotten many ideas from there. One wedding I attended they made their own candles. It had a glass jar with a votive in the middle and put a bow around it. Others I attended had unique ideas as well like: homemade beaded jewellery(rings)for females, poupourri sachets, and a box of truffles. I hope this helps.

Trading Score
    445 (99%)

We are doing a candy bar at our wedding in June - all blue, white & yellow candy! One huge savings here for us, was that we made & printed, Glued, cut our own little paper bags with a daisy & a quote on them. With ink, paper & glue cost use less then $3 for 120 paper bags.

We have about 50 children coming to our wedding, so I bought some little novelty things form a wholesale website. Got a bunch of individually packaged craft kits to make dinosaurs & bracelets and stuff for the kids! (Cost about $25 for about 100 assorted craft kits + glue dots)
    Last edited by cmoody8107; Tue, Feb 16th, 2010 at 10:41 AM.
    SWAGBUCKS!!! Earn gift cards for searching & doing surveys!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cmoody8107

Check out my Wishlist!
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/239234-cmoodys-wishlist-canada/

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

If you are crafty or artistic it would be nice to make something hand made from your heart. For my wedding I decided to make stained glass angels ornaments that people could hang in their window. Since we had about 35-40 people(mostly couples) I made once for each couple. Each angel was different and I made origami boxes out of large pieces of paper (found directions online). Everything altogether cost me less than $40 and everyone seemed to like them (most people still have them hanging in their homes somewhere after 5 1/2 years--which I think is pretty cool!).

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i personally like the chocolate long stem roses,,,,,,,,,,you purchase a mold at the bulk store or where ever, then you pick your colour of chocolate to go with the wedding colours, and some brown or white chocolate for filler, and you make your roses,,,,,,,,if you have never done chocolates before, you paint the inside of the mold with the coloured chocolate first then you fill the rest with your brown or white chocolate as it is cheaper and yummier and then you put a long sucker stick in the hole and freeze for approx 5 minutes, pop them out and you have a chocolate rose, wait to become room temp, place plastic wrap tightly on the rose and tie curly ribbon with your wedding date and names on a tag,,,,,,,,,wonderful favour, beautiful and inexpensive and not a waste to anyone they are yummie,,,and you can have chocolate bouquets as centerpieces also,,,,,,,best wishes on your wedding

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Well, one of my relatives was a smart cookie and had been stocking up on all the glade candles from the previous sales for about 1.5yrs, so she basically paid almost nothing for tons of glade stuff, such as the candles in the glass jars and the SOC candles. She tediously peeled off the labels and put on their own printed labels onto the glade candles and used them as their favors. I think she said she spent about $24 total, and had about 150 guests.

Another cousin purchased photo frames from dollarama that looked like art easels, and they printed off black and white photo of their engagement pic to put in it. It was one per couple at their wedding. Looked beautiful.

My dollarama recently had pkg of 4 glass coaster, that had X&O's, the word LOVE, the word HUGS, written on them. If you could still find those, they might make a good favor.

Another friend of mine made homemade MINI jars of HONEY and put personalized labels on them. Looked and tasted amazing.
    Join GROUPON for incredible deals, click here

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPanda View Post
    Then we used colour printer to print 10 different pictures of ours and insert them into the photo frames ourselves (cause we have 10 guests each table and therefore each will have a different one).
    I love the different pictures, one wedding I was at they did this (though the pictures were wrapped around chocolate bars) and our table spent tons of time comparing the pictures we had each gotten - took up lots of time and was a nice distraction while we were waiting for food - bonus!
    Join Swagbucks for free GCs & prizes, just by searching: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Chicka
    PM me for a Lockerz.com invite.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My husband and I just got married in September and I did a mixed cd of our favorite songs. Then I had copies made, of my favorite picture of us, to fit the jewel case. Then on the cd itself I just used a sharpie and wrote our names and our wedding date....everyone loved them, at least from the feed back that I have gotten.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

These might be too small but these lucky bamboo keychains, could could enclose a card with the meaning of the bamboo and instructions on how to plant it (apparently you can plant them from the keychains!!)

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10684

If you buy more than 10, you get the 2 pk for $1.88 US, Deal Extreme has free shipping so you could order one pack to see what they are like
    Last edited by tray; Tue, Feb 16th, 2010 at 04:28 PM.
    My family currently has a 1 in 20 chance for a trip for 4 anywhere WestJet flies. Please vote for my son if you can spare a moment. https://apps.facebook.com/rfscontest...93?eid=1800024
    *You can vote daily til Nov 12th. - Just click 'LOVE IT' - THANK YOU

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I am getting married in Sept 2010. I purchased toule bags with ribbon draw-strings. We are going to purchase candy closer to the wedding date. The bags cost me about 8c each. I ordered them online.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ccmp1974 View Post
    When I got married I asked the Lindor rep for a demo box of there red ball and she gave me a case of 500!! She said it was like a demo that she just didn't have to pay someone to hand them out

That is awesome!
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I just did a bunch of boxes (invitations etc too) for a friend that is getting married in april. If you're crafty or have crafty friends, get them to help you out. I just used a Big Shot die that I have to cut the boxes, attached ribbon around them and put a double matted tag with with their names initials on the front. They will add chocolates to them. total cost about $1 - $1.5 each and they look pretty neat.

I've also done favours of pink ribbon chocolates and truffles for another friend a few years ago. They made a donation to the 60K walks I was doing and I took care of the rest for them.

We did a donation to the cancer society when I got married because my mother in law was in treatment at the time. I know they'll provide you with favour cards to give to your guests. There are loads of charities to choose from too. Another friend donated to Parkinson's foundation and everyone got tulips which I thought was really sweet.

anyway, if you have any craft questions, shoot me a PM, I'm the crafty geek in my circle of friends and may be able to help with some ideas.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think if you give something edible it should be one per person, but other ornaments can be per family.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i think if you are doing something edible it should be per/ person but ornaments can be per family.

one wedding i wentto gave small boxes that were really nice, it had a donation card, chocolate bar and livestrong bracelet.

other weddings i go to are indian ones so it may not be interesting to you LOL

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

We donated to the breast cancer society because several family members have been affected by this disease. We purchased the pink wristbands and then attached a little card to them explaining about the donation. Everyone loved this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cliff322 View Post
    i think if you are doing something edible it should be per/ person but ornaments can be per family.

one wedding i wentto gave small boxes that were really nice, it had a donation card, chocolate bar and livestrong bracelet.

other weddings i go to are indian ones so it may not be interesting to you LOL
    I would LOVE to hear about weddings from other cultures! Maybe it would be a cool idea to start a thread in The Tea Room for chitchat.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information