User Tag List

Page 7703 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 6703 7203 7603 7653 7693 7701 7702 7703 7704 7705 7713 7753 7803 8203 8703 ... LastLast
Results 115,531 to 115,545 of 176708
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee03 View Post
    I think it was a nice day south of Barrie....

We went up north to put the boat "to sleep" for the winter and it started raining as soon as we were north of Barrie... luckily, it wasn't too bad by the time we got to PS, but the temp dropped to 10 and it was windy... I brought my down jacket and was very happy about that decision.....

We got everything done that we needed to do (without getting wet since the rain stopped just north of Moonstone, but it was still cloudy....)

By the time we got just north of Barrie on our way home, the sun was out again...

I hope everyone had a great day!!
    Sounds like your song Lee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag8XcMG1EX4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Highway of Heros.... by the Trews...

http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/video?clipI...ylistPageNum=1

I'm not driving, but I'm still tearing up...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by The Jester View Post
    I LOVE Crowded House!!! What ever happened to them???

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee03 View Post
    I LOVE Crowded House!!! What ever happened to them???
    They're still around, saw them a couple of years ago at Massey - great show
    Not gr8 history with drummers!

On 26 March 2005 Paul Hester was found dead, after hanging himself from a tree in a park near his home in Melbourne. He was 46 years old. His obituary in The Sydney Morning Herald stated that he had fought "a long battle with depression."[11] Following the news of Hester's death, Nick Seymour joined The Finn Brothers on stage at the Royal Albert Hall in London, where the three played in memory of Paul. A snare drum with a top hat on it stood at the front of the stage as a tribute.[30] Writing in 2010 Neil Finn said, "When we lost Paul it was like someone pulled the rug out from underneath everything, a terrible jolt out of the dark blue. He was the best drummer I had ever played with and for many years, my closest friend."[31]
    Reunion and Time on Earth (2006–2009)[edit]

Main articles: Time on Earth and Matt Sherrod

Matt Sherrod, Dublin, 2007.

In 2006 Neil Finn asked Nick Seymour to play bass on his third solo album. Seymour agreed and the two joined up with producer and multi-instrumentalist Ethan Johns to begin recording.[12] As the recording sessions progressed it was decided that the album would be issued under the Crowded House band name, rather than as a Neil Finn solo album. In January 2007, the group publicly announced their reformation and on 23 February, after 20 days of auditions, former Beck drummer Matt Sherrod joined Finn, Seymour and Mark Hart to complete the new line up.[12] As Sherrod and Hart had not participated in the initial sessions, four new tracks were recorded with producer Steve Lillywhite including the album's first single "Don't Stop Now".[12]
    On 17 March 2007 the band played a live show at their rehearsal studio in front of around fifty fans, friends and family. The performance was streamed live as a webcast. The two-and-a-half-hour set included some new tracks, including "Silent House" co-written by Finn with the Dixie Chicks. A concert onboard The Thekla, moored in Bristol, followed on 19 March. Crowded House played at the Marquee Theatre in Tempe, Arizona on 26 April as a warm-up for their appearance at the Coachella Festival on 29 April in Indio, California. They also played at the Australian Live Earth concert in Sydney on 7 July. The next day, Finn and Seymour were interviewed on Rove Live and the band, with Hart and Sherrod, performed "Don't Stop Now" to promote the new album, which was titled Time on Earth. The single was a minor hit in Australia[4] and the UK.[18] The album was released worldwide in June and July. It topped the album chart in New Zealand[5] and made number 2 in Australia[4] and number 3 in the UK.[18]
    On 6 December 2008 Crowded House played the Homebake festival in Sydney, with warm up gigs at small venues in Hobart, Melbourne and Sydney. For these shows the band were augmented by multi-instrumentalist Don McGlashan and Neil's younger son, Elroy Finn, on guitar. On 14 March 2009 the band joined Neil's older son, Liam Finn, on stage for three songs at the Sound Relief concert in Melbourne.
    Intriguer (2009–current)[edit]

Main articles: Intriguer, The Very Very Best of Crowded House and He Will Have His Way

Nick Seymour, Barcelona, October 2007.

Crowded House began recording their follow-up to Time on Earth in April 2009, at Finn's own Roundhead Studios. The album, Intriguer, was produced by Jim Scott who had worked on The Sun Came Out by Neil's 7 Worlds Collide project. In August 2009, Finn travelled to Los Angeles to record some overdubs at Jim Scott's Los Angeles studio before they began mixing tracks. The album was released in June 2010, in time for the band's appearance at the West Coast Blues & Roots Festival near Perth. Finn stated that the album contains some, "Unexpected twists and turns" and some songs that, "Sound like nothing we've done before."[32] Intriguer topped the Australian album chart,[4] reached number 3 in New Zealand[5] and number 12 in the UK.[18]
    Crowded House undertook an extensive world tour in 2010 in support of Intriguer. This was the first album where the band regularly interacted with fans via the internet on their own re-launched website, Twitter and Facebook. The band sold recordings of the shows on the Intriguer tour on USB flash drives and made individual live tracks available for free download.
    A new compilation album, The Very Very Best of Crowded House, was released in October 2010 to celebrate the band's 25th anniversary.[33] It includes 19 of the band's greatest hits and is also available in a box set with a 25 track DVD of their music videos. A deluxe digital version, available for download only, has 32 tracks including a rare 1987 live recording of the band's version of the Hunters & Collectors song "Throw Your Arms Around Me". No mention of this album has been made on the band's official website or Twitter page, which suggests that they are not involved with its release.
    Following the success of the album She Will Have Her Way in 2005, a second album of cover versions of Finn Brothers songs, He Will Have His Way, was released on 12 November 2010. All tracks on this album are performed by Australasian male artists.[34] In November 2011 there was an Australian tour by various artists involved with the "She Will Her Way" and "He Will Have His Way" projects, under the name "They Will Have Their Way." The tour featured Paul Dempsey, Clare Bowditch, Seeker Lover Keeper (Sarah Blasko, Sally Seltmann and Holly Throsby), Alexander Gow (Oh Mercy) and Lior.[35]
    Former Crowded House drummer Peter Jones died from brain cancer on 18 May 2012 aged 49. A statement issued by the band described him as, "A warm-hearted, funny and talented man, who was a valuable member of Crowded House."[36]

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post

Nice surprise this morning to find we had a visit from Argo-Fifty-Three,
    I am smiling that she came back to say hi & I know all of you agree,
    Time goes by & months accumulate & before you know it we're all the much older,
    There's always lots happening & if you looked at our docket; you'd think what a crazy file folder!
    I hope you are well & I'm also glad that you managed to track us down,
    Next time we all go out for lunch, please join us on the town,
    To any former Smart Canucks who may be reading this, sign in - you might have fun,
    & this is where I need The Jester to step in, cause he's the guy who can make quite the pun.
    I am honoured.

And , I am also here to report that technology is, well, rather cut & dried. It clearly doesn't recognize time gaps. "You must spread some reputation around before ....."

Thanks so much!!
    Last edited by Argo53; Sun, Oct 26th, 2014 at 12:26 AM. Reason: finger fumble - either that, or awful spelling
    Courage is not the absence of fear but acting in spite of it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Recent Scores:

Hotel California: 9/10.
    Her mind is definitely (not) twisted. I hope no one noticed I've been singing the wrong lyrics for 42 years. (42 years? NFW)

Argos 26; Pussy-Cats 24
    I was at the game and enjoyed every minute. Well, maybe not every minute, but I very much enjoyed the outcome.
    Courage is not the absence of fear but acting in spite of it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment community.

The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71. Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth , Hungry Jack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and Captain Crunch.

The gravesite was piled high with flours. Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded. Born and bread in Minnesota , Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times, he still was a crusty old man and was considered a positive roll model for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, three children: John Dough, Jane Dough and Dosey Dough, plus they had one in the oven. He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart. The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

Please rise to the occasion and pass it on to someone having a crumby day and kneading a lift.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

So much for a certain someone being a good girl. I put a bandage over Lily dog's booboo last night to make sure she doesn't fuss with it. Guess who didn't sport a bandage this morning? Not enough room in the tiny condo for her to wear a cone, so she is in shadow mode (as in she must stay beside me so I can keep a close watch on her whether she likes it or not). And, yes, I suppose I'm not a good girl either, since yesterday ended up being a do nothing day.

Going to try to finish up a few chores that are still only half-way done (too many interruptions lately, including the temptation to play with the brats ).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    Poor Lily. I am glad she is well on her way to being better. She is such a clever girl & I heard somewhere that extra treats help boo boo's to heal faster. See if Lily agrees.
    And of course there are lots of extra treats involved wen having to take yucky antibiotics. Cheese is the perfect treat to masque the icky taste. And a couple of extra pieces for fun never hurts.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Believe In Who You Are Spartacus's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning my Q friends. Happy Psychedelic Psunday. Peace and Love!!!
    Another day in the Colliseum with the Gladiators YAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

happy psunday, qts!

the leaves have finally stopped falling because they're all on the lawn!!! groan! looks like they're knee deep....AGAIN
    !Name:  brown_oak_tree_leaves_fall.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  40.5 KB
    Andit, 22hicks, rockit and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Andit, 22hicks, rockit and 6 others like this.

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is "toadman".
    He , however, may very well be a she.
    Toadman lives in my garden and is my pet,
    although he does not know it.
    He eats bugs and scares women, children ....and sometimes me!

I love toadman, warts and all.
    His personality could use a little work though.
    @
    ;

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey Q-sters

Another legend is gone...

Name:  jack-bruce.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  81.5 KB

Thread Information