User Tag List

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96
Results 1,426 to 1,433 of 1433
Like Tree8552Likes

Thread: Serious September Savers Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Yes,I would like the numbers for QC,I am a little bit better,seems like yesterday I explose all my feelings with familly too,so they know to not hassle and be more gentle with me,I hope.
    Cath: I am sending you a PM with a number and a website. The number is a local suicide prevention line, know that you thought about going to the hospital so I am thinking this may be helpful at some time. I am also sending a website for a number of resources & support lines in Quebec, specific to your area. I hope they are helpful.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    That they have the odds stacked in their favour is exactly why they are big money makers for the stores that sell those guarantees. It's a sure bet that if they sell you a 3-year guarantee, then they know that the majority of their products are good for that long, and the profits they make will definitely outweigh the reimbursement for the odd dud that may pass through.

And for anyone thinking these are a good deal, read the fine print. I know someone who bought a three year extended warranty for a television. When the TV failed when it was 2 and 1/2 years old, the store didn't replace it with another television. Instead, they took into consideration that he had the television for 2 and 1/2 years and only gave him a partial reimbursement towards another TV. The calculation went like this: cost of replacement TV X 6 months/36 months. It barely covered the cost of the insurance he forked out at the beginning. (Oh, and they tried tacking on another extended warranty on the new TV.)

I always turn around ask the clerk why the store isn't standing behind their products if they think they need to sell addional insurance. It's funny how they have a hard answering that.
    Good point! I took it without the warranty, betting on the fact that it's brand new and it should be fine for the next four years at least.
    You get 1 year from the manufacturer, but they tried to sell an additional 3 years for $149, to which I said no. As I already went over the budget by an extra $180 plus tax already, that I could justify, as lizzie bargain said yesterday:
    Quote" If say a washing machine lasts on average 10 years (don't really know for sure I just made that number up) then it would only cost you an extra $18 per year or $1.50 per month for the bigger one which should make your life easier(I love doing larger loads)Quote".
    I can justify $1.50 per month, because if I can do 5 or 6 less loads per month, then that's would save me some $ which would be more than $1.50 and that just paid for it self.
    The extra $149 for warranty, I couldn't justify, like you said they should stand behind their product.So I took my chance without it.
    jasperandchar and SassyAshley like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyetea View Post
    Cdngal75, you raise a lot of good points, so here's my point of view:

These two events were my birthday gifts to her, so no, she wasn't paying me back and they were planned well in advance. The event on Sunday was planned in June. Last year's tea even was planned a month in advance. Both were discussed with her first before I went ahead and bought the tickets, for the express reason of giving her the opportunity to say no. On top of that, we've been to these kinds of events before. In fact, the speaker that was here on Sunday, we used to travel together to Toronto to go and see him.

As for someone that can't be counted on, that's where my mind is leading me in regards to her. I do plan on talking about it with her, but I don't really think it will change. My take is that she's too entrenched in her mindset that her actions are justified by her situation, and she's not seeing that she's doing anything wrong. Even when she called me to cancel on Sunday, she felt completely justified because I had my husband to fall back on; she wasn't interpreting her action as depriving me of her company. Even when I pointed out that if I wanted to go with my husband, I wouldn't have asked her.
    It is sad that she is choosing to treat you this way. My only other thought is that perhaps she is depressed. She may just need to talk to someone to work through all the stress she is under. I hope that your friendship will remain intact.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Cath: I am sending you a PM with a number and a website. The number is a local suicide prevention line, know that you thought about going to the hospital so I am thinking this may be helpful at some time. I am also sending a website for a number of resources & support lines in Quebec, specific to your area. I hope they are helpful.
    Thank you,I know those ressources but having the link near will be helpfull.
    lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

In my opinion I get fooled with my washing and dryer machine because a long warranty is not needed an apparel will break the first year and it is manufacturer warranty of 1 year.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We made some large ticket purchases over the last year. We found out that The Brick has changed their warantee program. If you buy the warantee and never use it, then you get the exact same amount of money as in store credit after the warantee period has expired. We bought the extended warantee on everything, partially because it is a no risk situation (except that you don't get interest on the money...
    SassyAshley likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

They really know how to make a REAL SALE down there, don't they! I'm sure you had fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Good morning all! I've been up for several hours already-I'm in Amherst, NY with my girlies. Not much shopping, picked up some packages, did some exchanges, not very frugal but we have been good. Saw Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 in 3D it was so cute! I'm on my way home this afternoon after the last of my errands. Wrote a blog post, had breakfast, going to slowly pack up and gather receipts together. Oh, and going to snag this deal at Tops (grocery store chain). Get this girls: buy 1 chuck roast, get all of the following for free: 3 lbs potatoes, 2 llbs yellow onions, 1 lb carrots, bag of green beans, bag of dinner rolls, 2 L of pop and a 12 ct mini decorated cupcakes. For real!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Coupon Girl - I would agree with you - Kijiji sales are better off carried out outside or when you have other people with you in the house. Being frugal is something to be PROUD OF! Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    casey wow great deals at tops that is insane -I don't have any couponing friends -other than an sc friend that lives 6 minutes away-family just doesn't get it or friends my girlfriend of 23 years said to me a few months back -you have to use all this up no more buying there is only 2 of you -nope just bought 3 royale yesterday for 2.99 each after coupon -cant pass a deal up like that -plus the coupons expire in dec -and your right no matter what you make -and we make less -only one is working right now-a dollar is a dollar -I sold thing on kijjij for the past 5 months and made about 500 dollars-that my friend thrilled me -but I did deal with a few crazies-just pulled all my ads -don't wish to do it in the fall/winter -don't want people coming in my house
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96

Thread Information