User Tag List

Page 46 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Like Tree8552Likes

Thread: Serious September Savers Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    Thanks! It's just hard thinking you finally you're finally getting on track one month. Then to be so off track the next.
    I hear ya!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    You and I both. I was doing so good all summer. September....not so much!
    I know...What is it about September? I think we just think that the winter is coming and we need to get as much as we can.

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    I was like that last month. I added it up and i managed to spend almost 1000 more than i earned because we used money we saved for when we had company plus i dipped into the tfsa to help out on a couple bills from my bfs responsibilities.

So far this month we're doing better - or atleast i am with spending. He's put out more when it comes to his boys due to school and hockey and such.
    I'm hoping October will be better...but to be honest I don't think it will be...I need to stock up on meat, and we know how expensive that is.

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Ok...So I've looked and looked for these Jane's coupons and can't find ANY.
    If anyone has any for trade I would really appreciate it. I have some of the eggs coupons that I could trade you for.(the buy 2 dozen save $1 tearpad, Oct 19)
    Thanks in advance!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

This reminds me of a part we sell at work. One of the pieces of equipment we sell and additional add on accessories is called a shaft extender, yeah it isn't bad enough saying that to a customer but even worse is if one of the guys walks into the office and you are discussing they find it hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I hate that Java thing too! I can never get it to work....

In other news, LO visited Grandpa for the first time yesterday. She made the two hour trip in one piece but coming back was a different story. DH fixed the toilet for him and we bought a new replacement piece. I laughed when I saw the receipt. The ballcock was broken. That's right, I couldn't believe the name when I saw it.

Thank goodness I didn't have to shop for one. I think that's much worse than sending a guy to the store for tampons. Sending a girl to a home renovation store asking for a ballcock is just unthinkable. Who names these things?

So, my parents saved a bit of money on plumbing fees, but still need the plumber (who never showed up the day he was supposed to come). For us, it was a non-frugal gas and grocery day.

We were able to borrow an activity gym from a friend this morning and a nursing pillow so a bit saved there. Now we just need to borrow some diaper covers. DH is refusing to use the ones we have as they are so old, they no longer hold together. The other option is to find some diaper pins.

To all the moms, how do you wash a stroller cover/seat? Do I need a screwdriver to take it off the unit? And yes, I borrowed that too!! I am soooo happy about that!
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I am supposed to be making lunches and getting ready to go but here I am lol. Hmm motivation much?! I don't have many close friends I will admit-and that's fine most of the time. I have a good network online and a few I can call. DH calls me antisocial lol. I wouldn't go that far but I do have a social phobia (GAD). I will go out to social events but have physical problems-GI-sorry if TMI! Have a great night y'all!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Back from my travels. Racked up a lot of overtime. Going to use that overtime to make the month balance! Between that and my per diem, I should make it through the month without going into the negative. Which is no small feat. Then it will be time to start thinking about Christmas. Every year I vow to keep it simple and not expensive, and every year I get carried away. I'm going to need your guys' support! LOL I'm thinking of going old school and doing envelops with a fixed amount in each for each kid. Then once it's empty, it's empty. The problem with that is it doesn't take into consideration free things I get with points/rewards, ect...
    What are the ages of your kids? Can post deals/sale items we see. Yesterday I bought DS a new wireless PS3 remote for $39 (reg$54.99) Price matched WM flyer yesterday at SUPERSTORE since it was tax free day.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Did lots of shopping this weekend and coupon use! Lots of Janes and redeemed coupons that expired today. Freezer is stuffed and so is grandma's. So hopefully no more good sales for awhile lol. Getting all laundry done and put away. Went for a little walk in the park and enjoyed a timmies coffee. Making a nice bbq chicken dinner with potatoes, green beans and garden salad and then relaxing on the couch with my sweetheart and watch the boob tube! Making extra dinner so I have healthy chicken for lunch the next 2 days. Off to hang sheets to dry in the basement now (rainy here) Also bleaching the bathroom tub/shower so it's so nice and clean and putting up a new shower liner. Added a few items to the pile to bring to my friend to sell for me. Each bit helps me get to organizing my storage room!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    What are the ages of your kids? Can post deals/sale items we see. Yesterday I bought DS a new wireless PS3 remote for $39 (reg$54.99) Price matched WM flyer yesterday at SUPERSTORE since it was tax free day.
    I live in the North, so my stores are limited. Although I will be going "down south" in Oct and Nov (meaning Alberta). I hope to get most of my shopping done then. My oldest wants a new tennis racquet and so far, i think I'm getting the 4yr old the new leap pad reader thingy.
    Last edited by Insane; Sun, Sep 15th, 2013 at 11:28 PM.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm hoping October will be better...but to be honest I don't think it will be...I need to stock up on meat, and we know how expensive that is.
    I'm hoping the same thing - although I'dlove to stock up on meat as well unless we leave town to do it it wont be happening.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I got lucky this weekend and found the egg coupon, which was funny as frugalbigmama had just roak'ed it to me so Insane let me pay it forward and send me your address. Luvtousecoupons send me your address to as I found the Jane's as well and can spare a few, in fact if the tear pad stealer stays out of my store I can get more Monday, but it gets better, I found more rice krispies so let me know if anyone needs them as I have a few spares. I felt like I won the coupon lottery. Then I used up 3 juice and 3 yogurt FPCs just in the nick of time. And in all that I am now the mother of a teenager, as my oldest turn 13 yesterday, we took him to Buffalo to dinner and the customs agent did not even ask what we spent. I did not spend much as it was just day trip but I did get the youngest his shoes for half of what they would cost here. We go over a lot but I thing they have asked us the same questions so many times with the same answers that they believe it when I say the value & and we don't hide anything so the receipts are ready in hand. Later this month I am taking my 18 yr old niece over for the weekend as her b-day present so then I will go with a list and have fun.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

had a wonderfull bbq at my daughter,s -steak for all of us my son/his pregnant wife included with home made fries coen on cob and wine reduction sauce on the steak -so yummy-got a gift card for winners too for my birthday next week-wont see my daughter as she will be at a cottage with friends-plus she bought some nice homemade cookies from a shop across the street -we looked at 2 open houses in toronto with her we went out for the cookies and looked at the homes -she is not moving til 4 or 5 yrs but wanted to see what homes are like in her area-prices unreal wow -we were shocked to say the least

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

lilo0003 thank you so much for your offer, but my DDD just phoned to let me know that she found some . I am soooo happy can't wait to get some chicken tomorrow. Now did any one find the Boneless Bites? And if you did at what store? From all I've read from you ladies they seem to be really good.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Good luck MaddensMomma .
    Hopefully you've had your baby by now, and Congratulations are in order .
    I would try Sears for the PJ's.
    I was just thinking today that MaddensMomma has been awfully quiet. Hoping along with you that no news means good news.

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I was just thinking today that MaddensMomma has been awfully quiet. Hoping along with you that no news means good news.
    Yes...The first few days as a new Mom can be very busy .

Page 46 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Thread Information