User Tag List

Page 45 of 96 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast
Like Tree8552Likes

Thread: Serious September Savers Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Inquiring mind: Are you happy of your social life and yours friends? Do you have the time to entertaint one actually?In a work or in school do you valorize the social life,the work or the 2 of those?..Difficult question I know lol.I have been thinking of that today.
    Great question cath007. Too be honest I'm not a social creature (only social on here - lol). When in high school we always had sleepovers, shopping trips etc but during college & after things pretty well died down. Then when I got married they died down even more and even worse after kids. But too be honest with my health (mental health) I can't commit to events, dinners etc as I don't know how I will feel from hour to hour or day to day, week etc.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Since I had 2 weddings to perform today, I asked dh if he would take coupons and go to Giant Tiger to take advantage of the $2 off wub 2 Pedigree Dog Treats which were on sale for .74. That meant .26 overage on each package. He came back with the 10 packages and had used the overage to pick up some other sales products! What a guy! (Plus, we were ALL OUT of dog treats - we thought until we found that one of us had absentmindedly put the dog treats in the freezer! LOL!)
    Whatta guy, oh well never too many dog treats , I'm sure your dog(s) will agree.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    I'm really suckish at posting here lately! Hope everyones doing great!

I looked into switching to telus for my cell from sasktel, as now telus is in the nwt and my contract is up in january. I have decent credit (i think tis considered "fair") and its improving. However i got told there was going to have to be a $400 deposit on a phone from Telus. Now the reason i was going to switch was it would be about $40 less a month to have the phone through telus...however switching over right now isntead of january is a $120 contract buy out...as well as the $400 and the switch would end up costing me almost a year of what i would be saving. The deposit flabergasted me...because even when i had poorer credit than i do now...i NEVER had to have a deposit to have my contract with sasktel.

SOOOO I've currently opted to hold off on switching. I also know a couple nasty dings on my credit are at the end of the 6year wait period to be removed on equifax in February. I'll look into switching come the new year again when there is no contract buy out.
    Hope all is well with you, don't fret about posting here as we all understand sometimes life gets in the way (lol)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well got a few deals at rexall today-after hanging clothing on line to dry-got a nice top for me liz cliborne 3.00 at salvation army and a fall jacket for hubby at talize 12.99 for an izod jacket sure beats paying 30-40 when we have less income-also rented a whole series from the library for our viewing for free and made orville popcorn -free date night tonight-we watched "sons of anarchy"
    sounds like you had a fantastic day/evening. Gotta squeeze in the odd date night makes us feel young and gives us the odd butterflies again (haha)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    I only have so much thanks mostly to some amazing roams from Jasper and Char! but it is something I really believe in and because I was one of those women I know how much it means to them.
    Glad to help, it's very kind of you to think of others who are living what you did years ago and I'm sure the ladies/new mom's are so appreciated as it is a gift they are not expecting to receive. I find gifts that you are not expecting are always so touching meaningful as they are normally a treat/surprise that is awesome. Great job Lisa in all you do with your young mom's. PS if you are looking for something coupon wise or otherwise send me a pm and I'll have a look.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher1962 View Post
    I would do the same thing, I wouldn't have the nerve to walk in take the flyers & leave. Just couldn't do that, lol.
    Besides, good excuse for breakfast out
    If you are looking for anything that was in this weekends smart source insert pm me as I got quite a few BUT I'm keeping the chocolate coupons as my guys are going through withdrawal

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I didn't get this weekends paper at all figures!
    Pming you Jasper

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Kathy as for friends in life we only have one set of very good friends a couple-have known them 23 years-the other people are just my girl friends a few -are family is what we remain close to meaning our children -my siblings well (3 brothers not in my life so much at all) hubby out of 5 brothers and1 sister(only 2 are in our life)so much for a large family eh -I consider some people on smart canucks my friends -hint especially on this frugal thread-gonna go get ready going to my daughter's condo in Toronto today she is having us a week early for my birthday bbq (birthday is next sunday)but daughter/hubby will be away that weekend-today I went thru a trunck and washed a few baby girl small sweaters and a few blankets up -I have stored them 31 years from my daughter-they are in great shape too-I will keep them at my house incase granddaughter(coming soon oct11) needs stuff when she is here for a visit

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

happy Sunday!
    Had a wonderful day yesterday and was planning to do some cleaning and baking today-accepted an ot call in to work tonight 7-7. As wonderful as a day off would be to get caught up on things we could use the $ more. My dryer is on it's last dying leg. Sigh.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Finally got all the towels and baby afghans delivered to 4 stores yesterday. Has unexpectedly good sales last month so I can make an extra payment on CC. Love when that happens.

Social life? I have a couple good friends who I get together with usually once a month for coffee or lunch. This summer I felt at loose ends because one went camping a lot and wasn`t home much. The other one`s hubby retired this year and they spent most of their summer away.

Casey: Glad you scored OT. That extra money is always welcome.

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Inquiring mine: do you print coupons and do you have problems with java: yes and yes.I wanted to benefit the Super C sale on nestle sparkling water 2 for 1,44$ but java is evil lol...I guess it is a good price and I will still purchase some.
    Cath...I Can Never print any Java coupons. I upgrade it etc. but I'm still never able to print..It will say printing and nothing prints...and when I try again I've exceeded my numbers of prints...but I never got any prints...Java is definitely not my friend!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I hate that Java thing too! I can never get it to work....

In other news, LO visited Grandpa for the first time yesterday. She made the two hour trip in one piece but coming back was a different story. DH fixed the toilet for him and we bought a new replacement piece. I laughed when I saw the receipt. The ballcock was broken. That's right, I couldn't believe the name when I saw it.

Thank goodness I didn't have to shop for one. I think that's much worse than sending a guy to the store for tampons. Sending a girl to a home renovation store asking for a ballcock is just unthinkable. Who names these things?

So, my parents saved a bit of money on plumbing fees, but still need the plumber (who never showed up the day he was supposed to come). For us, it was a non-frugal gas and grocery day.

We were able to borrow an activity gym from a friend this morning and a nursing pillow so a bit saved there. Now we just need to borrow some diaper covers. DH is refusing to use the ones we have as they are so old, they no longer hold together. The other option is to find some diaper pins.

To all the moms, how do you wash a stroller cover/seat? Do I need a screwdriver to take it off the unit? And yes, I borrowed that too!! I am soooo happy about that!
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Sun, Sep 15th, 2013 at 02:37 PM.

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    Didn't get too much accomplished today (considering I was home most of the day!)

I did get DS' room completely cleaned up and organized, went through some of his books and toys. Hopefully it stays that way for a bit.
    Found a decent nursing bra tonight at Walmart for $20 (not the boxed ones that make the ladies look like torpedos).

Where can I find COTTON 2 piece BUTTON UP pajamas? Everything I find is either silk, flannel or fleece.

Anyways, DH is ready for this baby to come so my midwive suggested castor oil... waiting for it to kick in, wish me luck ladies!
    Good luck MaddensMomma .
    Hopefully you've had your baby by now, and Congratulations are in order .
    I would try Sears for the PJ's.

Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    You are not alone this month. I keep scratchin my head thinking how can the summer have been cheaper, I mean I didn't buy/spend tons on the kids, just new shoes and 3 pairs of pants from WM...grr. So you are not alone I'm right there beside you....
    Thanks! It's just hard thinking you finally you're finally getting on track one month. Then to be so off track the next.
    Last edited by LuvToUseCoupons; Sun, Sep 15th, 2013 at 03:42 PM.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

UGG! This is the month that keeps on draining...my bank account that is!

First squash fees nearly doubled, and now we are off to the vet with the kitty. She's having a hard time walking again. I think this is going to mean permanent meds this time. Fortunately, if it's the same as its been in the past they won't be too expensive, but of course you have to pay for the visit today.

Currently straining my GALLON of homemade vanilla. I love making vanilla. I should really look at selling it, especially since I'll have a gallon's worth now!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Page 45 of 96 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast

Thread Information