User Tag List

Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
Like Tree3696Likes

Thread: Showers of Savings - April 2014 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-nope didn't buy any dresses-just tried 4 on -looked to young looking or 2 tight or was tight on my belly -ggggggrrr-but happy I bought a top

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I got a call at 7:45 this morning to teach for the morning. She had a complicated explanation, she had someone booked for the afternoon but she needed a sub for the entire day. I just got booked to teach the full day on Friday. It will bring me up to 4.6 days this month, which is not nearly enough.

I wrote that final exam yesterday. I swore in my head at the short answer questions because most of them were a surprise to me. Dh and three other guys are leaving this evening to attend Comic Con in Calgary. Two of the guys are getting married this year, so this was their request as a bachelor party. It was planned months ago. I have brownies baking in the oven and will pack most of it up for the guys.

I was able to deposit a good amount of money into my account today. I received my cheque yesterday for my position as Patient and Family Advisor. It was on tab since last August; it included my honorarium and mileage reimbursement. Plus I received my two monthly "baby cheques" from the government. $100 of that money goes into an RESP investment for LO each month.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Apr 23rd, 2014 at 06:24 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Wishing you and your hubby well with all the health struggles you have been dealing with.

Making meatloaf is easy - just throw in some grated carrots into the meatloaf as well .... makes for a very moist scrumptious loaf
    thanks for the well wishes and good tip about the carrots
    ROMEO, Crochetlady and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -yeah finally bought myself an article of clothing a nice knit soft knit white with blue stripes in target and cpn booklet had 30% off so paid 8.74 3/4 length sleeves I like those -tried a few reduced dresses on -looked real crappy on me -didnt buy the dresses
    -got a cookie scop at giant tiger -free voortmans wafers i hardly ever buy cookies too
    ROMEO, Crochetlady and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Evening all,

Called to get an update on ds1's dtc and it's finally in progress whatever that means .

Need to photocopy ds2's dtc application as doctor filled it out and fingers crossed his goes through.

Dh's appointment went well, dh prescribed some pain meds and wrote a note for 2 weeks off for us to send to wsib and he needs to go back in 10 days (May 1st) for a follow-up, doctor thinks that dh will be written off but needs to do it in strides, 2-4 weeks at a time and as for his mental health their are apparently no shrinks available which doesn't surprise me as I have the same issues and have been off since 2007 and still don't have one myself .

So things are going to be extra tight and frugal, so if anyone has any tips post away and I'll do the same.

We are going to go back to doing groceries every 2 weeks with the exception of milk as we like many on here we are always running out or low and if you run out in the bush it's $8.00 for 2% (4 litres).

Ds1 has his air cast off tonight but the sad news is I'm back on dishes and folding laundry well off to wash those dishes.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    Good for you. I hate when cashiers don't know their store policies.
    I'm thinking that cashiers very well know their store policies but are trained not to go the SCOP route unless the customer points it out.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I wanted to ask you ladies a question.. when it comes the wreaths i sell. what would you all prefer to see on your door, wall. etc.
    Would you consider purchasing a 'package' from me if it included the materials to make one. Does the size of the wreath or its 'base' make a difference. a vine vs a wire base. a smaller one vs a large one. the material used mesh vs flowers etc.
    i'm kinda at a stand still, however with summer and fall in planning now (as stores do) I have to think about what I'm going to do then. so im considering my options now with regards to what I may sell. Just need some outside opinions.
    Also what price point would you like to consider with regards to both. a package you can put together yourself. or one you purchase already made.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hung my load of wash up to dry tonight. ( from last night. At least it's done now and not sitting in machine). I really need to get back in cooking mode. Took pork chops out of freezer. Bought fresh asparagus today. Will cut up some sweet potatoes and reg ones and dust with olive oil and bake in oven. Have a bit of romaine left so will make homemade ceaser dressing and make a salad. There. Dinner is planned. Both my kids are hungry all the time so have to start making bigger meals. And have leftovers so they can have more before bed if still hungry.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Apr 23rd, 2014 at 09:53 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    I wanted to ask you ladies a question.. when it comes the wreaths i sell. what would you all prefer to see on your door, wall. etc.
    Would you consider purchasing a 'package' from me if it included the materials to make one. Does the size of the wreath or its 'base' make a difference. a vine vs a wire base. a smaller one vs a large one. the material used mesh vs flowers etc.
    i'm kinda at a stand still, however with summer and fall in planning now (as stores do) I have to think about what I'm going to do then. so im considering my options now with regards to what I may sell. Just need some outside opinions.
    Also what price point would you like to consider with regards to both. a package you can put together yourself. or one you purchase already made.
    I'm not really a wreath type of person so I'm no help. Sorry!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

thats Ok Frugalmama. honesty is the best answer
    so i've finally started tackling my to do list.
    'washed' my artificial roses in salt. (put them in a paper bag with salt and shake, instantly removed dirt/dust) WOW what a difference.
    also fluffed all my summer clothes in the dryer. while washing the other loads too.
    feel like im getting something done. LOL
    my son has also noticed that when mom isn't cooking 'fancy' meals theirs nothing to eat..well i think the lightbulb has finally gone off in his head.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    SCOP from RCSS. Bryers yogurt in bin with ice cream for $3.47. Rang in at $6.59 They tried to make me pay for sale price but I read policy from sticker at desk very slowly
    Quote Originally Posted by cdngal75 View Post
    Good for you. I hate when cashiers don't know their store policies.
    I suspect they're told to play dumb unless the customer points it out. Each time I have a SCOP (which is very rare), they offer the lower price but as soon as I mention a discount or free, they know exactly what to do. Hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I wrote that final exam yesterday. I swore in my head at the short answer questions because most of them were a surprise to me. Dh and three other guys are leaving this evening to attend Comic Con in Calgary. Two of the guys are getting married this year, so this was their request as a bachelor party. It was planned months ago. I have brownies baking in the oven and will pack most of it up for the guys.
    You reminded me of an exam I wrote for an elective I took once. It was a multiple choice question for the word that described water flowing through rocks. I have never been a coffee drinker and am pretty sure I got it wrong. The answer was "percolation". Now every time I even see coffee I think "Argh! Percolation!" I'm sure you did well though. Those short answer questions are probably just to make sure no one gets perfect or leave room to bell the curve.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Called to get an update on ds1's dtc and it's finally in progress whatever that means .

Need to photocopy ds2's dtc application as doctor filled it out and fingers crossed his goes through.

Dh's appointment went well, dh prescribed some pain meds and wrote a note for 2 weeks off for us to send to wsib and he needs to go back in 10 days (May 1st) for a follow-up, doctor thinks that dh will be written off but needs to do it in strides, 2-4 weeks at a time and as for his mental health their are apparently no shrinks available which doesn't surprise me as I have the same issues and have been off since 2007 and still don't have one myself .

Ds1 has his air cast off tonight but the sad news is I'm back on dishes and folding laundry well off to wash those dishes.
    Sorry to hear of all the health issues you're dealing with, J&C. It sounds like you're the glue holding everyone together! Hopefully, your DH and DS1 get well soon.

I honestly have never purchased a wreath (yet!) but of the ones I've looked at, I really like the ones with natural elements. In winter, I love the wreaths with twisted berries, or interspersed with sparkly berries. Lately, I saw one for Target that had colored eggs and gold vines for Easter. I think it'd be fun to put one together if you sold it as a package, especially with kids. I like larger wreaths for doors, smaller for decorating inside the home. A package that others could put together for a gift would be nice, I think. If you could sell the parts to assemble as a gift for grandma, or a teacher, etc. and the kids could put on personal items, like a photo, a decoration, ...would be pretty!

'washed' my artificial roses in salt. (put them in a paper bag with salt and shake, instantly removed dirt/dust) WOW what a difference.
    I've never heard of that! What a great idea!

Off to hang LO's cloth diapers and get some zzzs! Poor thing's been having a rough night and constantly waking.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mrs Sunshine, I love the look of wreaths but have no interest in putting one together myself. If I was going to buy a wreath, I would want to see it put together and I too am attracted to those made with natural materials with coloured accents. All that is a personal taste,though.

I wonder if you can probably meet the needs of both markets, those who want their wreaths already made and those who want the fun of making their own.

For or those who would make their own, I would make a sample, take a photo of it and add a photo to the package so that the wreath maker would know how it was supposed to look. For the make your own version, I would charge double the material charge.
    Last edited by Retiree; Thu, Apr 24th, 2014 at 05:53 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Thursday Beautiful sunny day here. Wish I wasn't at work lol. The good news is my yard will be raked today and all the dog poop gone! I have hired a student to do it to save my back And it is so worth it! Can't wait to see it all done when I get home from work

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Mrs S-I am also not a wreath type person so of little help to you either! I finally seem to be kicking the jet lag and managing to get a few small chores done each day-the weather has been nice which is a bonus. My kids are home this week from school so at least it is nice enough for them to shoot some baskets or ride their bikes. Travel arrangements are being made for our student to return to Korea in two months time-looks like I may fly with her to Vancouver and then put her on the plane back to Korea as an unaccompanied minor under the care of the flight attendant. Last year a student of 16 or 17 supervised her on the way here but she is not returning at this time-so at 11years old she cannot fly as a UM on a connecting flight( hence the need for me to fly with her to Vancouver) and she must be cared for by a flight attendant on the 11 hr flight home from Vancouver-Seoul which is a good thing. I think she will really miss school and the lifestyle here as things are easier and not all about studying 24/7. Of course though, she will be happy to see her parents and little brother. If I were her parents, after that Korean ferry tragedy last week, I would be petrified to have her flying home without them being with her! But then again I could never have sent my 10 year old to live half way around the world with complete strangers for 10 months either so they are obviously much braver then me!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-making homemade turkey soup-yummy

Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread Information