User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Kitty Cat Rant. I can't believe he did this! Still, can't help but laugh.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I have a long haired cat. Understandably, he ingests a lot of hair while bathing and often gets hairballs. While I was upstairs putting away groceries, I heard him having one downstairs and didn't think anything beyond "I'll have to remember to clean that up." Then I hear him race up the stairs at top speed, jumping around like he is afraid of something. I go to the top of the stairs and he is racing up the last few steps with his hairball chasing him! He must have snuck into my sewing area and eaten some thread, because there was a bright red piece of thread running from his hairball into his mouth. It must have gotten stuck in his teeth or throat or something (this is why I really try not to let him eat thread). He eventually managed to gag it out, thank goodness!

Anyway, he managed to run through the house, dragging a fresh hairball behind and making a huge mess. There was even hairball juice on the wall where he must have flung it around! So gross, but I also can't stop laughing about it!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Oh gosh I can imagine but believe me there are more gross things some cats do.

When growing up near christmas we would often be graced by sparkly presents in the litterbox because a few of them couldn't help but chew on the garland. We called it tinsel poop.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'll just go ahead and add that to the list of reasons to not get a cat.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Oh gosh I can imagine but believe me there are more gross things some cats do.

When growing up near christmas we would often be graced by sparkly presents in the litterbox because a few of them couldn't help but chew on the garland. We called it tinsel poop.
    I can only imagine! My cat would eat the entire strand of tinsel I bet. That's why we don't put it on our tree. But he chews the "needles" of our fake tree and we found a few of those in the litter box.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, my! Thank goodness he didn't ingest it, or there would have been a big vet bill if he got it tangled in his intestines.

Just a tip about helping to prevent hairballs, give (force) him to eat a bit of plain Vaseline once a week. It's a fight to get it down, but well worth it. Vet-recommended, too. One cat we used to have actually liked it, he would lick it off my finger. Now I have to hold a cat like a football tucked in my arm/shoulder and keep dabbing bits on her mouth - she spits it out, I shove it back in.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oh, my! Thank goodness he didn't ingest it, or there would have been a big vet bill if he got it tangled in his intestines.

Just a tip about helping to prevent hairballs, give (force) him to eat a bit of plain Vaseline once a week. It's a fight to get it down, but well worth it. Vet-recommended, too. One cat we used to have actually liked it, he would lick it off my finger. Now I have to hold a cat like a football tucked in my arm/shoulder and keep dabbing bits on her mouth - she spits it out, I shove it back in.
    Thanks, I will try that. I'd rather not have to clean them up.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Good tip about the Vaseline, thanks.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh my, lol. Poor kitty. I can clean cat poop but I gag trying to clean up those juicy hair "logs".

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

That's hilarious. lol
    Andit and hollyquaiscer like this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lghend View Post
    Oh my, lol. Poor kitty. I can clean cat poop but I gag trying to clean up those juicy hair "logs".

LOL when I met my husband I had to teach him what a hair ball looked like. He would think that someone had pooped on the floor and upon further inspection it would be a hairball. For those who have never had cats or who have the rare ones who don't get them they aren't actually hair "balls". hahaha

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Oh, poor kitty. & poor servant who had to clean up kitty's mess.

I'm very lucky that Quincy cat has never had a hairball, despite being obsessed with grooming (I think he really should have been named Narcissus ).

On the other hand, I have had equally yucky instances with Lily dog. She sometimes thinks she's a cow, and will graze for hours if I let her, she's that obsessed with eating grass. Let's just say that grass, especially when swallowed in long strands and not digested, is less than appealing when coming out the other end. The worst part was the look of terror on her face when she realized the monster behind her would not go away. Actually, the worst part was having to help her along and then give her a bath and make sure certain parts were squeaky clean.

Tell me again why I have pets? Oh, wait, I suppose dirty diapers would be worse.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Oh, poor kitty. & poor servant who had to clean up kitty's mess.

I'm very lucky that Quincy cat has never had a hairball, despite being obsessed with grooming (I think he really should have been named Narcissus ).

On the other hand, I have had equally yucky instances with Lily dog. She sometimes thinks she's a cow, and will graze for hours if I let her, she's that obsessed with eating grass. Let's just say that grass, especially when swallowed in long strands and not digested, is less than appealing when coming out the other end. The worst part was the look of terror on her face when she realized the monster behind her would not go away. Actually, the worst part was having to help her along and then give her a bath and make sure certain parts were squeaky clean.

Tell me again why I have pets? Oh, wait, I suppose dirty diapers would be worse.
    The grass thing is really common actually, both the eating and the vomiting of it. Take my word for it as I used to work at a Dog Kennel, the worst was when one would yak the grass up in the pool and I'd have to empty and re-fill it.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I have four cats - Rascal has chronic furballs and was given lactalose to help him poop it out - even mineral oil, olive oil and butter can work too. Right now we are painting so we are moving the furniture and finding big piles of white Jupiter - he is a while Himalayan - I have to use his fur brush on the caqrpet to take it off. Next place I get has to have hard wood floors
    Natalka, ROMEO and hollyquaiscer like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

anastasia, we went from a house with carpet everywhere except kitchen and bathroom, to one with hardwood everywhere except lino in k and b. We moved in Nov.

Cleaning hairballs and puke is a breeze now - no more scrubbing carpets all the time - because, before of course, no one would ever do it in the kitchen - no, it had to be the middle of the living room, gah!

And as for fur loss in general, it's much better to sweep than to vacuum!

It's mostly Taffy, the Ragdoll cross - because she meticulously cleans herself and Vader, her daughter - all the time. Plus she at times eats too quickly, then barfs it.

Come to think of it, Vader is pretty low maintenance!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I haven't gone through all the posts, but if you put the vaseline on the tip of the cats nose they will lick it off.
    don't cover the nostrils of course, but put some right on the top of the cats nose...they won't like it, but they will lick it off.
    ROMEO likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information