User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: My cat died today. I don't know what to feel but I miss him already.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Name:  100_3329.jpg
Views: 2849
Size:  39.4 KB

My cat Jack just turned 7 a few weeks ago. His vet always complimented how healthy, lean and strong he was. He got hit by a car early this morning and died.

My mom said he only had a bit of blood coming from his mouth and nose and he was all together aside from that, he looked like he was sleeping. Can someone tell me if this means he didn't suffer and died quickly?

My whole family is just hurting so badly and I don't know what to do. He was my rock for 7 years of my life, he got me through the WORST things and I didn't even get to snuggle him properly last night after work. That was the last time I saw him alive.

Just looking for some good thoughts and if anyone can tell me for sure he didn't suffer. Thanks.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Chantel, there are not many words to offer you that can remove that pain you have right now. Jack was way too young to leave you, I am just hoping that as you said maybe it was quick and he did not suffer. That poor motorist probably never even saw Jack, cats can dart in front so quickly. I am so very sorry you lost a treasured friend and companion today. ((hugs))

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

So sorry for your loss. We lost our 8 year old cat last year. Not east. My thoughts are with you.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am so sorry to hear you lost your fur baby. Hugs
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I'm so sorry for your loss. Jack sure was a beauty!!! Oh how I love the orangeys the best!

I feel your pain more than you know. We had a stray who adopted us last spring; we brought him back from the brink of death in April. Poor thing was so thin when he turned up at our door and we'd had such a long hard winter. It was clear he'd been on his own for awhile and without our intervention I'm sure he would've been dead in the next 48 hours because he was THAT thin and frail. Worse was that he'd been loved once because he was wearing a collar, Never found his owners so my neighbour took him in (we already have a cat and honestly, DH would hang me if I took another). But in many ways he was still our cat. He would come visit us every day whenever we went outside and he would wait for the girls to get off the bus etc. We used to joke that we were going to let him date our female orange tabby because they would make beautiful babies.

We came home from our run three weeks ago in the morning and he was lying in our walkway trying to drag himself home with 2 broken back legs. It was really sad. We ended up having to put him down. I think me and the kids cried just as much or more than my neighbour.

I live on a busy road with speedy traffic so this isn't the first time I've hauled cats off the road after they've been hit (sadly); it usually goes one of two ways-- either they go super fast or they hang on. Our neighbour's hung on and on but he had very visible injuries too.

The ones I've seen that didn't show an ounce of injury are usually the ones that go quick and don't suffer.

I'm not a professional or anything; that's just based on personal experience. But when a cat gets hit on our road, I always go out and fish it off the highway and if it's still alive, I wrap it in a towel and cradle it and love it until it leaves this world because the last thing I want it to remember is being loved. Can't tell you how many cats I've shed tears over that weren't even mine.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'm sorry to hear of your loss...
    And I hope poor handsome Jack didn't suffer..

Both of my cats were 19ish when they died and it was still far too young.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh Chantel, I am SO very sorry about Jack - what a handsome one he was!
    One of our cats is seven as well, so I know how close that bond is!

Don't fret about how he went - any vehicle is very big and heavy and a cat rarely stands a chance...

Years and years ago, when cats were still able to go outside in our city, our dear cat More got hit by a car - and it turned out he walked from the street and hid under the stairs of the neighbour across the street and passed away there.
    There's a bylaw here now that all cats must be indoor cats.

Jack knew how much you loved and cared for him!

Name:  petsympathy.jpg
Views: 8112
Size:  16.6 KB

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It would have been very quick, Chantel. He wouldn't have even known it happened and he's at peace now. You loved him well and gave him a great life!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry for your loss

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Chantel,

This is a terrible time for you, but chances are, Jack was probably completely focused on a bird or squirrel and not only felt nothing, but didn't even know what hit him. He likely died doing what he loved best. . .just following his kitty instincts.
    I lost a dog this way when I was a girl, and it was instantaneous.

I'm so sorry you have to suffer the loss, but Jack. . . he had the best 7 years he could hope for. Don't forget that.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Very sorry to hear this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Jack. He was such a beauty and will always hold a special place in your heart. Will be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself. ((HUGS))

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

(((hugs))) sorry for your loss.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i also lost the best boy ever, baxter - due to him running out and going down to a
    busy street traffic wise.

so darn sorry to hear about jack, chantel.

not sure if hearing/seeing this might help a little chantel but, i still cry when
    i see it, and i guess that is all we can do when we miss the ones we love

Last edited by madchives; Thu, Aug 28th, 2014 at 09:22 AM. Reason: added ,,,,
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Very sorry to hear about Jack.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    DANGER

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information