User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Crib Bedding

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

getting ready for baby is a fun, exciting and stressful time - go ahead and create your perfect little nursery wish we could see pics of it when its done!
    My one wish was to have a rocking chair in the nursery - with DS we couldn't afford it, so when we had DD, I had to buy it...... I envisioned feeding her there during the nights..... 3 years later, that rocking chair is still sitting in a box in the basement unused, lol
    Natalka and ninna like this.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I'll post pictures when its created I would love a one of the glider rocking chairs in there. They are so expensive, hoping to come across a good kijiji find!
    Angela273 and ninna like this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

kijiji or yard sales are a great place to find those glider rockers. They can be expensive to purchase new at a time when you are already spending lots of money on other things.

My MIL found one at a yard sale for me when I was pregnant with my second. The cushions on it were dated but that's a cinch if you have a little time and a sewing machine. I absolutely ADORED the glider rocker with my daughter. That was where I sat with her to feed her and often I wouldn't hurry to put her back to bed after either; I would keep on rocking into the night with her sleepy warmth in my arms.

It's no longer in her room but I still enjoy using it. But I've always been a glider rocker person. We have a lovely 3 person swing in our yard and I spend hours in that too.
    Angela273 and angel_2011 like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Check eBay. I got a brand new set from either an online retailer /sewer, the set was new came in retail packaging and had the works valance, diaper holder etc. I paid less than 100 including drlivery and duty

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

It's the nesting instinct kicking in! I had to look up that bedding set because I just love Snoopy. That said, the only thing we have in LO's crib is a crib sheet, and she wears her sleep sack. Our prenatal class told us that crib bumpers and anything that restricts airflow is a major no-no. So those pretty comforters that drape over the sides in the stores, the bumper pads, headboard cover, ...none necessary. We had a lovely Noah's Ark set donated to us, but we've borrowed tons of other crib sheets that we haven't used any of it.

There's a pregnancy crisis center in our city that takes all donations related to babies but they will not take bumper pads.

A glider is nice if you have a small, short baby. I sat in a friend's and at 10 months, LO held her feet over the edge because I was trying to keep her head from hitting the other armrest. They are very comfortable, but with a limited lifespan unless you use it without the baby.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I do want a a glider and have been looking for deals on second hand.

Does anyone know if you can safely stain/paint a crib?

My sister in law had offered us her crib and change table. Told us it was dark wood like I wanted and in great condition. Saw it yesterday for the first time, disassembled in her basement. It is nowhere near the color I like and there are lots of marks and scratches. Wondering if we can safely refurbish it?
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by angel_2011 View Post
    i used a crib bedding set from Walmart - came with bumpers, blanket and fitted sheet.. cost approx $50 (8 years ago).
    We got a Winnie the Pooh set like that from WM, I think it was $50 or $60. They do say not to use the bumpers and blanket...we used the bumpers though, just tied them as tight as could be and he never tried to get at them or anything like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information