• 4 Post By scouponer
  • 2 Post By d.ot
  • 2 Post By coupon girl
  • 1 Post By roxybabe39

Thread: Good and bad snooping trip to RCSS

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Went to superstore today to do get some groceries. Did 2 trips using my card on one trip and dh card on other trip:
    good deals:
    -3 free barilla pasta using coupons, insert and shoppers voice coupons plus 200 points
    -betty Crocker mashed potatoes reg price $2.69 on sale for $1 plus 800 pc points so $.20 each. Bought 14. A couple for me some for my mom, some for food bank and some for Christmas family we sponsor
    pc apple cidar, $4.98 450 pc points + 400 pts/$1 spent so almost 1/2 price
    all together received 24,000 points on $100 in groceries.

now for the bad:
    refused to price match pumpkins...they have a gazillion pumpkins out front...one week till Halloween and won't price match. Saw cashier wheeling cartloads of pumpkins from cash back outside from people who abandoned them at cash...so I knew it wasn't just me. They gave me a hard time price matching 10 lb bag of potatoes from fresh co saying farmer market potatoes are much better quality than the fresh co potatoes advertised...give me a break..they are potatoes..eventually they gave it to me. Then the silver hills bread I wanted to buy 6 as it is pretty much the only bread dh eats and I have 800 pt offer...not a loaf in site for the third time this week. Said they sent it all back as the bar code didn't work..I know here is a plan print out a new bar code and stick it on the bread instead of sending it back. Then had 800"points for imagine soup also on sale 2/$6... No soup and none in the back..very frustrating!

On my second trip the customer in front of me was buying the Robin Hood quick bread...I asked if she had the coupon for $.50 off? So I got her a couple from the coupon board...she said she didn't even know there was a coupon board!!!! What? How could you not know about the coupon board! Shocking to me LOL. Then the cashier asked if she had a pc plus card...when she said no my gasp of horror shocked her. LOL. I couldn't help myself..So cashier gave her one and,told her to register it online. I felt like giving her my phone number and telling her to give me a call as she apparently needs some shopping guidance. LOL I restrained myself.
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, FreshCo, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Shoppers Drug Mart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

lol "she apparently needs some shopping guidance" <-- too funny!
    Sounds like you definitely opened her eyes today! Maybe you can be a coupon consultant - go around the store and drop off coupons in people's carts for all applicable items, matchup their PC offers with sale items (If this turns into a profitable venture, I want 10%!!)
    Bummer for the price matching/lack of merchandise issues you encountered...sometimes you can spend all this time planning out your trip and things just don't work out, so frustrating! I'd fill out a complaint card or maybe speak to the manager about the pumpkin thing - they will likely be clearing them out for super cheap just around Halloween and in the days following. My Loblaws has a ridiculous amount of them...it's like they brought the entire city's stock to this location by accident! I'm pretty sure they get their pumpkins from the same supplier, so I don't know if the 'superior quality' rationale applies here.
    scouponer and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nice points deals you got -nice of you to donate to a family at xmas too
    scouponer and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nice deals.

Trading Score
    387 (100%)

good deals! My RCSS doesn't price match any produce or any meat products. There reason is "They cannot confirm where they got them from and unless its the EXACT same they wont price match" pshhh
    Lyssia510 likes this.

Thread Information