User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Just our luck...... Health and injuries rant.

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Arg, I just have to vent a little. I have been so strong and brave through all this and I'm feeling at my wits end.

My dh got an amazing job offer in Calgary, great, we love calgary so we jumped on it. After that our luck went to crap, I was diagnosed with a hernia in my belly button no lifting..... Than my dd broke her ankle and had to be casted (4 days before the move). We bought a trailer and decided we would drive from Ottawa with our stuff, the trailer broke down twice and costed lots of $$$$ to repair, fine... Done... So we thought... We are just now getting settled in for real to the house and our ds is on Spring break, on Tuesday he fell off his bike and fractured his elbow in "multiple" places, needs to meet a surgeon, and on Wednesday he had an allergic reaction and was back in the hospital and now has epipens. We didn't know he was allergic to anything..... So now EVERYTHING is a suspect and I am terrified he will come into contact with whatever it is again and need to be in the hospital again.

I know know things could be much worse, but I am getting frustrated and am not sure how we deserved this bad karma.

Anyways, that's my rant. I feel much better! Thanks for letting me vent.
    This thread is currently associated with: Spring Shoes
    22hicks and toronto166 like this.
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

No bad karma (I dont believe in this), rather silver linings...
    You now know that your ds has an allergy (although it still needs to be determined what he is allergic to). The good news is that he is now armed with epipens that will save him from what could have otherwise been a very bad situation.
    You got stuck in a few clouds, but I am sure the sun will be shining brightly sooner than later!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope things start to turn around for you and your family
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

FL-from a fellow Calgarian-very sorry you got off to such a bad start and I hope things improve for your family very soon!
    22hicks and Frugal Lisa like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

OH, my... but welcome to the West!

Name:  hugsbearflowers.gif
Views: 322
Size:  53.9 KB

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Congrats on your move and new adventures in Calgary, may all the bad luck be in the past and bring new wonderful beginnings.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Wow! What a string of events. I'm glad everyone is on the path to wellness. I wish you well in your new home...things will turn around. Enjoy those mountains. They are the most beautiful sight I've ever seen.

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Thank you everyone! We are packing up a lunch and taking a road trip to the mountains tomorrow to destress before the new week is here. I think the final "kicker" was today, we went to the dr to get referrals (to an allergist and for more X-rays) and found out the epipen my son was prescribed is only good for up to 60lbs (he's 80) I am very thankful that we found out this way and not when he had a reaction.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

good luck and welcome out west. I moved from Hamilton to Regina about six months ago.
    Frugal Lisa and toronto166 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

what a stressful time for you. congrats on the move to Calgary and your DH's new job.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    Arg, I just have to vent a little. I have been so strong and brave through all this and I'm feeling at my wits end.

My dh got an amazing job offer in Calgary, great, we love calgary so we jumped on it. After that our luck went to crap, I was diagnosed with a hernia in my belly button no lifting..... Than my dd broke her ankle and had to be casted (4 days before the move). We bought a trailer and decided we would drive from Ottawa with our stuff, the trailer broke down twice and costed lots of $$$$ to repair, fine... Done... So we thought... We are just now getting settled in for real to the house and our ds is on Spring break, on Tuesday he fell off his bike and fractured his elbow in "multiple" places, needs to meet a surgeon, and on Wednesday he had an allergic reaction and was back in the hospital and now has epipens. We didn't know he was allergic to anything..... So now EVERYTHING is a suspect and I am terrified he will come into contact with whatever it is again and need to be in the hospital again.

I know know things could be much worse, but I am getting frustrated and am not sure how we deserved this bad karma.

Anyways, that's my rant. I feel much better! Thanks for letting me vent.
    your dh could of not of gotten a job offer and be unemployed, instead of being diagnosed with hernia..... you could of been diagnosed with a inoperable malignant tumor and ds's fall could of resulted in being a parapalegic for life or worse yet suffered an allergy reaction, which killed him... so in light of all this ..... U have to be grateful that things aren't bad as it seems
    greeny, Frugal Lisa and toronto166 like this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

Thank you all, today will be a better day. I know that my situations could have been much worse and I am grateful that they weren't. It was just a high level of chaos, I am feeling positive that things will turn around soon.
    emg and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I wouldn`t say bad karma , but I`ve always said when it rains, it pours. Eventually, the bad spree will end. Wishing you, DD and DS a speedy recovery
    Frugal Lisa, d.ot and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hope your son and daughter recovers soon from their fractures. Things will get better for you. Sending positive wishes your way

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You just have to remember there is always someone out there who has it worse. Just look at the positives instead. You have a home of your own, income to feed the family, you have a loving husband and children. No serious injuries that will result in disability (thank goodness). Everything bad happening right now is just temporary. All will go back to normal soon and you will be even more grateful of the good times.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information