User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: I'm alive Update Post #37

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Thanks for updating us - you have been in my thoughts It sounds like the surgery went well and now on to the recovery. Be kind and patient with yourself and your situation. I agree - ask for and accept help

Silk
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh that is great toban!! You are a trooper. Awake??? Aye-aye-aye!!! Glad that is over and in recovery, take care and keep us posted on your recovery dear friend. Rest and let yourself be taken care of and keep those meds coming. Take care.
    Skippy, ROMEO, Silk and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Toban, you are very brave. I would never watch them doing surgery on me. I am happy that it wen well for you. You know now after reading all the reply You have to take good care of yourself and keep us posted.................................
    Skippy, ROMEO, Silk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have pneumonia. pain was so intense in rib and back-took ambulance to emergency. xrays, ekg, etc. spotted stuff on chest xrays. taking antibiotic for 1 week. weirdly no coughing at all-just rib, back pain and tiredness. have to repeat xray in few weeks.

my shoulder surgery only 7 days ago and now pneumonia too.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toban View Post
    I have pneumonia. pain was so intense in rib and back-took ambulance to emergency. xrays, ekg, etc. spotted stuff on chest xrays. taking antibiotic for 1 week. weirdly no coughing at all-just rib, back pain and tiredness. have to repeat xray in few weeks.

Jeebus, Toban.
    Was this as a result of the surgery? We you aware that this was a possibility, or is this a complete surprise to you?
    At least you were seen and treated. Hopefully you'll be back to yourself soon.
    Skippy, ROMEO, Silk and 2 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Sorry to hear....sometimes there is no coughing. Done it a couple of times myself.

(hospitals can be dirty places!)

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh I am very glad you went back to the hospital! Pneumonia? Oh my!! All I can say is I wish for the speediest of recoveries from that, as well as your pain. ((( gentle, hugs)))
    Skippy, ROMEO, Silk and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh Dear!!! What ARE we going to DO with You? I'm sorry to hear about your misery. . .poor baby!!

Be sure to take a stiff round of probiotics after your antibiotics. It will replace all yur good bacteria the antibiotics killed and also boost your immune system while it's working hard to help you heal. . .

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks for the update,glad you had yourself checked out.Continued prayer offered.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Jeebus, Toban.
    Was this as a result of the surgery? We you aware that this was a possibility, or is this a complete surprise to you?
    At least you were seen and treated. Hopefully you'll be back to yourself soon.
    Thanks everyone. Yay for autocorrect.
    Dan, I'm not sure if this was the result of surgery. I likely picked it up in hospital and yes complete surprise. Usually you are told to watch the incision for infection, excessive pain not going away.

I plan on informing the surgeons office tomorrow. Just in case they need to know. I doubt pneumonia affecting surgery area.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, sheesh, I'm so sorry - but glad you went and got things checked out!
    I've had it twice, it's no picnic - so I surely wish you well.

KJH
    Male
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Sorry to hear about the pneumonia I hope you are ok just rest and get better!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, Toban, I'm so terribly sorry to hear about your pneumonia...."when it rains, it pours" as the saying goes, and that seems to be what's happening to you, poor kid...Hon, I can attest to pneumonia hurting so darn much and I hope it leaves you alone pretty darn soon! Good advice from MQ re probiotics...if you have a healthfood store nearby, get them there...alive and ready to help you get healthy again.
    All the best, Toban....

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Toban, I'm so sorry that you are suffering so much! I hope you have someone who can care for you. Is there home care available where you live? In Ontario it's CCAC. My thoughts and prayers are with you! Maybe ask about a pneumonia vaccine after this is all over.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

im seeing family doc tomorrow. he received report from emergency told me to come in if anything changes. Im feeling unsteady on feet. laid down to sleep-got up-shortness of breath. feel weak, feverish- two days of antibiotics left. plus darn shoulder surgery recovery on top

phoned- surgeons office last week left message saying I developed pneumonia few days after operation -didn't ask them to call back,left my phone number-they never phoned me. assume no call back from receptionist means it wont affect surgery recovery
    Last edited by toban; Mon, Apr 27th, 2015 at 03:39 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information