User Tag List

Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree4146Likes

Thread: May Busy Beavers - May 2015 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Toronto, Hon...it is a tad early to plant, but in the next couple of weeks you should be fine. However, if you just can't resist plopping something into the ground, you'll need to watch the weather reports for frost. I tend to plant early and keep those large pop bottles...cut the bottoms off them and if I hear of frost, I put one over each of my young plants. With the tops closed they act like little terrariums...open them in the morning for air then remove them when it's warmer in the day. You can always cover them with old pots, etc....just for the nights but I love the big 'ol pop bottles!
    Lynn - You're so creative - in so many ways! Now I have to go and drink a bunch of pop!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi folks! I haven't been around for a while and I'm not caught up with reading but, have to congratulate everyone on making so very frugal, yummy meals!

Dh's health has been improving - thank heavens - and thank YOU for your kind thoughts!

I had 2 weddings - one Saturday and one today - very compact ceremonies. The lady today gave us a tip for providing the witnesses - so dh and db were here to witness their wedding in our livingroom.

I am embarrassed to say that the income tax still needs to be mailed. TOMORROW - of course, since that's the deadline.

I have to write a memorial service for my cousin's mil which I will perform this Saturday but meanwhile, her OWN mother (who is the wife of my mother's cousin) is suddenly in palliative care and not expected to recover. What a time they have been through and are still going through! I went up to the hospital last night to visit when I knew most of the family had gone home after having been with her almost constantly for a few days. She has been a smoker all her life and finally the COPD has caught up with her and she can't take in enough oxygen. I have lost contact with this part of our family since my mother passed away and was just thinking last week that I need to get in touch. So if you've been thinking of someone - get in touch. You never know what lies down the road.

My db came to supper tonight. DH prepared smoked turkey legs, sweet potato and beans. They were watching baseball. I'm so glad that db understands the comments that go over my head. (Although I'm learning!)

We bought some pansies on the weekend and I'm hoping they'll flourish where I'm planning to plant them.

I have a question for all you gardeners - I'm planning to replant in the "grassy" (I can't think of the real name) planter liners that I used last year. Is that a mistake? I have a feeling they may harbour mold or bacteria or something after wintering outside. (But I don't want to put the money out for new ones!)

Must hit the sack - Have a frugal Tuesday! and - May the 4th be with you!!!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    TG: here is the link that shows what you need to look for. http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/399930-...acks-canada-2/
    I love this promo & the BB date is 2016 so the cereal will be used before it expires.
    Thanks somuch LiLo, i was getting the Special k one that just expired and this one confused...more cereal in our future!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Angela, congratulations, don't overdue it!!

Granger, yuck on the stomach bug and your van....we've all been there.Hope this is the end of it.

Avon I have reused the moss liners without problems. Nice to see you posting again!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning all! We had a wonderful chicken stir-fry for dinner last night (had tons of veggies to use up) and a wonderful bottle of wine (BIG ONE lol) And I'm alive to tell about it. So chicken stir-fry for lunch today (always taste so good the next day too!)
    Tonight dinner is tacos and salad. Made the taco meat last night (3Lbs of lean) $9.99 (reg $14.99) but free with SDM redemption. Will eat for 2 days and freeze for future meal (my kids love them)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Angela, congratulations, don't overdue it!!

Granger, yuck on the stomach bug and your van....we've all been there.Hope this is the end of it.

Avon I have reused the moss liners without problems. Nice to see you posting again!
    Thanks thriftygranny. I took the entire day to think about it, then talked to dh after work. I was planning on subbing lots in May, so filling in for this teacher does that and more. I've committed to May, but will play June by ear...which the VP has said many times that he would be fine with this arrangement. The teacher has everything planned until the end of the year and spent our first period prep going over things with me. I also have her paper files, electronic files, and cell phone number. This is her easier semester this year, but she is being sent on early medical leave because her second baby is due in 4wks and her first was born early. I will still have quite a bit of work to do, getting familiar with what she has planned, reading the material that is new to me, teaching the classes, marking, and entering their grades. The good thing is that I only "teach" 3 classes a day.

Here's my teaching schedule.
    P1 prep
    P2 ELA 9 (adapted) - 9 students with an EA
    P3 ELA 10A - 32 students
    P4 Lunch
    P5 Tutuorial (I am one of several people helping a small group of students with other classes)
    P6 ELA 10B - 22 students with an EA
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, May 5th, 2015 at 09:59 AM. Reason: grammatical error
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Yesterday, shopping was a bit pricey in total to stock up on some basics, even at decent sale prices - four chickens, 2 kg. ground pork, weenies, Cheerios, cheese, four boxes margarine, four big acetaminophen, tissues, chips (yeah, not necessary!), etc. - but got some great BOGO deals at Co-op so that was a big help.
    Will need to do another trip to get some produce.

I'll use the ground pork for a casserole tonight, then make meatballs - some to freeze, and some to use for a meal when our son comes for supper on Thursday. Tomorrow I'll make chicken soup - I've been craving it!

Hope everyone has a sunny day - it's supposed to get to 24 here today!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Angela, that sounds wonderful - and a nice, light schedule which will be great for you!

One year when I was subbing, toward the end of the year I did three weeks of K - which was a blast! - and did a month of year-end in a Grade 6 class - still nice, but I prefer the little ones!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yesterday I was on the hunt for a store to have the Oasis no pulp OJ and Wonder bread so I could PM the OJ (Food Basics $1.88) and the Wonder Bread (SDM $1.99) and use the Buy OJ and 2 Wonder bread save $4.00 coupon. Finally found at Walmart and bought 3 OJ and 6 loaves of Wonder bread for $5.58 after PM and coupons. Will make French toast for my oldest and grilled cheese and soup etc for youngest to use up some of the bread. And I want to make bread crumbs for making homemade burgers. How would I do this?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi ladies. I had to do so much reading to catch up. Hope you are all well.

Had a very busy weekend. Lots of cleaning "outside" the house as well as inside. Grocery shopping was done and put away as well as Laundry. Had MIL and FIL over both days so of course they ate over. I made pork chops and a new dish (for me) that I had never tried before which included cabbage and peas. OMG!!! It was wonderful. Went to the gardening centre to just "look" at the perennials that I want for this year and may just buy them this weekend and start planting. Went to bed late last night.....I am so hooked on Bates Motel, so I am a little tired now. Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I have been weeding through the garage posted 4 new items for sale so hoping they sell quickly as they are taking up room and cash is good, still saving up for the spray foam for Logan's old room (so expensive) sigh.

I'm going to go and pile some wood after my show, FIL gave us some end pieces as he cuts firewood to sell and has all the end pieces that are not long enough to sell, so that works great for us as in the fall we need just to make a small fire and the ends work out perfectly. We also use in the summer for camp fires

DH & I are going to eat leftovers tonight as there just are way too many and I will make chicken fingers for the boys as they really enjoy and well dh not so much as they have cornmeal on them

Logan is after dh to go to Comicon (spelling unsure) we don't have the $ but this kid never asks for anything so we will use some of the money for items sold and replace next month. Now they need to pre-order their tickets. Crazy that Saturday & Sunday VIP's are all sold outand crazy expensive

Well off to the races folks
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Decided the CT GC promo at Foodland was too good to pass up (using for gas) so went to grab more. My local one was sold out! So drove to the next town and they had a bunch. So in my excitement bought another 22!! Wow. I think it is worth it. Decided to top up my tank at CT lol and used 9x coupon for CT money. So spent $16.38 on GC and received 20 cents in paper money.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am watching my friends 15 month old daughter today while she is at work. She is a very easy going little girl and currently napping in her playpen up in our room. After Mum picks her up DH and I will go and vote and then BBQ some smoked sausage and have on fresh homemade buns with cut up fresh fruit and veggies-something quick and easy and summery as it is quite nice out today. Then help DD with homeowrk if needed and watch the Flames game.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well picked up my sister-in-law this morning -hubby's brothers wife and we went out of town to a value village and winners -then she treated me to lunch at" bedrock bistro" nice little family run all day breakfast type restaurant -cheap too

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Got blood work done this morning and then to AnnaMae`s with my sister. Things are slowly picking up so I need to get back to crocheting more. I`ve been slacking off too much. Tomorrow I go to get my feet done. That always feels good.

A friend told me that a new Chinese restaurant is opening on the square in Goderich. Will check it out tomorrow. We`re hoping it`s the one reopening that was destroyed in the 2011 tornado.
    Last edited by Crochetlady; Tue, May 5th, 2015 at 05:27 PM.

Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information