User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: Hormel snacks meals FREE!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I may have mentioned these 283 gram sized " meals " before, they require no refrigeration, best before dates run well into 2016, each meal has a $1.00 off coupon under the package AND WalMart had them on for a buck today!!

So guess who went in and out, in and out, in and out to get a total of 9 meals?!! MOI!!
    All Gratis! Wish they had more on the shelf, I still have 3 coupons left!! lol!! Absolute perfect for DH to keep in the locker for days he wants a snack more than his regular meal.

Pardon all the blank space in my scans I have no idea how else to post these to remove that space??
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Walmart

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

nicely played!

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Awesome! Well done walkonby They are definitely good for a quick meal once in a while, just not every day - if I remember correctly, they have a pretty high salt content

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BC Gal View Post
    Awesome! Well done walkonby They are definitely good for a quick meal once in a while, just not every day - if I remember correctly, they have a pretty high salt content
    agreed! These are not for me ( the issue I have with swelling and salt is awful ) and if anyone is wondering just how high it is, the entire serving has 1160 mg sodium in it!! ha ha ( that would be 48% , almost half of the recommended salt you should take in for the day, so tread lightly )

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    agreed! These are not for me ( the issue I have with swelling and salt is awful ) and if anyone is wondering just how high it is, the entire serving has 1160 mg sodium in it!! ha ha ( that would be 48% , almost half of the recommended salt you should take in for the day, so tread lightly )
    Just wow! Shocking...and alarming !

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^ but GOOD to know that we have these labels available and can monitor our intake of these types of snacks. In contrast to this how many people woof back entire bags of chips oblivious to its sodium strike? As I said, these are a backup plan for the guys with crappy vending machine offerings at work and I love free back up plans. hee hee

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

adding a salad + some low salt/high fiber pita bread, using a half a container at each meal would cut the salt and still help fill your DS tummy

or

adding some precooked brown rice with beans/peas, with half a container of the hormel will fill tummies too and cut salt in half

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

so true Shwa. Also you know there are times where he has slept most of the day after his crazy shift, then it seems he is showering again to leave, so having this item would not take him over his recommended daily sodium for the day. All in moderation as B C Gal said, not everyday.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Wow that is a great deal, will have to check it out, me too keeping hubby meals at the lake quick and filling and somewhat nutritious. Thank you for sharing.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Well done, WOB! I didn't even know something like that existed.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow, fantastic buy ! Salt is a concern with a lot of prepared foods. Shwa Girl has some good suggestions.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineTea View Post
    Wow, fantastic buy ! Salt is a concern with a lot of prepared foods. Shwa Girl has some good suggestions.
    if anyone knows about restricting salt it is me. My family has suffered with me cooking the NO salt way for many years now, even the canned tomatoes, soup broth, and many other items I buy and use are all no salt added. This item was simply one of those too good to pass on deals ( completely free ) and since most of us know how to limit how we ingest them I just did not bother to talk about it in the original post.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

if anyone knows about restricting salt it is me. My family has suffered with me cooking the NO salt way for many years now, even the canned tomatoes, soup broth, and many other items I buy and use are all no salt added. This item was simply one of those too good to pass on deals ( completely free ) and since most of us know how to limit how we ingest them I just did not bother to talk about it in the original post.
    so true: free is free; yes, your DS knows that his Mum has looked out for his salt intake for years

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Great brag!!!! I love free!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thanks for sharing, Walks! As you have made note - we all have to decide how to regulate our intake of various things. Getting food we can grab on the go for free is excellent! Thanks again!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information