User Tag List

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree2110Likes

Thread: May 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL WELCOME

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

No ambition today , laundry is hung out to dry, and tidied up but geez it's dh's birthday and I really don't feel like cooking, think I will pop some of those stuffed chicken breasts in the oven and serve with rice.

After supper we have to rush out to dh's chiropractor as she wants to discuss some things with me

Dh got a reminder for an appointment today in Kingston however it's not written in his agenda so I hope they don't charge us for a missed visit but time will tell. He is scheduled next Tuesday in Kingston but we had nothing in writing about today's appointment. His prescription for his cane is ready for pickup so now we have to find a place that orders canes as dh is very tall and pharmacies don't carry the size needed.

Well off to find some ambition
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-jasper I am like you today not much ambition -I did hang a few on the line -hubby is down to 2 pairs of shorts-so I will be looking for thrift or reg sales for him
    - I did take the car out this morning I bought a bath sheet -yep an eucalyptus-ultra absorbant ,luxuriously soft and fade resistant -I always wanted a huge bath sheet for hubby or I -got it at bed and bath reg 56.99 who pays that ?? on for 22.99-20%=18.39 I paid -way cheaper than the bay or homeoutfitters ,way nicer than anything walmart may have also

-lost my green sunglasses(they were 19.99 and old )but I loved them - this since Friday -so not at my son's -so I called A&W we were there Thursday night -nope -so maybe at the clinic I wnet to Thursday - I remember reading the chatelaine -so I would have had to put my reading glasses on -darn it all they were my favourite-so bought a 10.00 pair on sale at pharmasave this morning on sale for 7.50

-frugalbigmama-I posted 2 more itemes on kijiji -trying to always find stuff around the house
    -this white leather purse I posted I have had for 6 years -but only used it a few seasons -I got it from a garage sale in the states 6years ago for 2.00 -I listed it for 20.00 lets see if I get this (its in great shape)
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, May 24th, 2016 at 02:43 PM.
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@sweet sparrow - I don't know why, but that thread is marked as expired

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/316919-...ere-canada-24/

btw, I use google to search for stuff on SC, not our search

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -jasper I am like you today not much ambition -I did hang a few on the line -hubby is down to 2 pairs of shorts-so I will be looking for thrift or reg sales for him
    - I did take the car out this morning I bought a bath sheet -yep an eucalyptus-ultra absorbant ,luxuriously soft and fade resistant -I always wanted a huge bath sheet for hubby or I -got it at bed and bath reg 56.99 who pays that ?? on for 22.99-20%=18.39 I paid -way cheaper than the bay or homeoutfitters ,way nicer than anything walmart may have also

-lost my green sunglasses(they were 19.99 and old )but I loved them - this since Friday -so not at my son's -so I called A&W we were there Thursday night -nope -so maybe at the clinic I wnet to Thursday - I remember reading the chatelaine -so I would have had to put my reading glasses on -darn it all they were my favourite-so bought a 10.00 pair on sale at pharmasave this morning on sale for 7.50

-frugalbigmama-I posted 2 more itemes on kijiji -trying to always find stuff around the house
    -this white leather purse I posted I have had for 6 years -but only used it a few seasons -I got it from a garage sale in the states 6years ago for 2.00 -I listed it for 20.00 lets see if I get this (its in great shape)
    great deal on the towel, how did you get the extra 20% off just curious as my niece is registered there for her shower and I tried finding online codes or coupons and no such luck, thanks

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@jasperandchar -you're right, sometimes one has to look for ambition. Where's mine...
    This heat is not helping but wowzers, PC Plus put a 500 points offer for its brand new cane sugar soda as one of five new PC Insiders offers to me! Probably will be a glass soda weekend for me-can't buy any for the next few days.
    So that shirt project-recall that I was going to turn that one side down to make use of the buttonholes? Well I had to put 4 patches of fabric to cover the former armhole and neckline down at the new hemline-not too bad but since most of it will be tucked into pants, that will help. I have the back yoke sewn to back piece (darts done) and one front section (two darts sewn) sewn to yoke plus started the sleeves. The collar will be another piece and sew wonder using parts of the collar and parts of the shirt. There will be no pocket-I've too many strange narrow pieces. It will be a challenge to patch up the second front when I get around to cutting it out-am aiming to work on this project tomorrow and get it finished.

Interesting lesson on finding money on sidewalks (or atop leaf debris): if you see coins, kick around the debris to see if another coin might be down below. I had found 2 shiny new coins at night but the next day, a work crew had blown out the debris from the parking lot (for resealing) and a shiny $2 coin was in the bike lane. Since the crew saw it, it's theirs. I also found a dime on my walk home.
    Angela273 and jasperandchar like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just sat down and calculated my grocery and household savings for the month of April, 27%.

We we had a very long weekend road trip to visit family. I think we are all happy that we don't do that very often. It is very draining. We weren't able to accomplish anything because we arrived home at 10 last night. I want to plant as much of my garden as I can manage tonight. They are forecasting up to 10mm of rain each day for the next week, so it might be to set to plant for a while if I don't hurry up and get out there.
    Natalka, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

laundry is on the line.

I am gathering a list of salads, ect for hot weather for when I do not what to cook. lol
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Feeling very stressed. My mom is in decline health wise and it's so hard to watch. I carry the load in dealing with my parents care. Couldn't sleep last night - finally slept late morning for three hours - exhausted. Just back from three medical related appts with my mom. I am now in the process of trying to have some meals brought in to their home. I cook 2 - 3 times a week for them but I can't find the energy to cook more meals. I'm thinking of asking a mostly 'absent' brother and wife if they could start helping some but I'm afraid to because of their negativity to me a year ago. Brother now says thanks for doing all the work for my parents but doesn't offer to help.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

momof5boys -ahhh I feel for you hon -yep I did it all for my mom(only girl here) -even taking her in to live with us for 6 and a half years -her 2 oldest from the first marriage -she only wanted to have supper at their homes but was never asked -she only saw one about twice a year and the other in London -he only called her a few times a year -my younger brother was not in our life -so I did it all cause she was my dear mom and raised us as teens all by herself
    -try to rest when you can -its hard
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our 3.5yr old son and I planted 2 long rows of red potatoes and our first round of peas for the season. The twins were not happy for Dh. We'll see if I manage to plant a bit more before the rain starts tomorrow.
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    @sweet sparrow - I don't know why, but that thread is marked as expired

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/316919-...ere-canada-24/

btw, I use google to search for stuff on SC, not our search
    @Natalka : Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    great deal on the towel, how did you get the extra 20% off just curious as my niece is registered there for her shower and I tried finding online codes or coupons and no such luck, thanks
    @jasperandchar : BBB always puts out a flyer with a 20% off coupon in it. I've heard some strange things about their coupon policy and have never found out if they were true. I've heard that they take their own expired coupons, and also competitor coupons. Home Outfitters usually has a 20% off coupon in their flyer. It wouldn't hurt to call and ask.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Feeling very stressed. My mom is in decline health wise and it's so hard to watch. I carry the load in dealing with my parents care. Couldn't sleep last night - finally slept late morning for three hours - exhausted. Just back from three medical related appts with my mom. I am now in the process of trying to have some meals brought in to their home. I cook 2 - 3 times a week for them but I can't find the energy to cook more meals. I'm thinking of asking a mostly 'absent' brother and wife if they could start helping some but I'm afraid to because of their negativity to me a year ago. Brother now says thanks for doing all the work for my parents but doesn't offer to help.
    It never hurts to ask, he may have changed somewhat especially if he himself sees the changes in your parents, all he can say is yes or no, expect a no and if you get a yes do the happy dance. It must be so hard on you, hugs.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Bed Bath and Beyond prices matches that I know, there are 2 items only from my nieces registry that are cheaper on Amazon but I haven't gotten around to ordering them yet.
    @Ciel hope the sewing project turns out great, you have such patience.

I have 2 call both dh and mine's insurance companies to find out max limits for Chiropractor services.

Wishing everyone a great day
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy hump day!! Everyone got out the door on time. Cleaned a 2lb container of strawberries this morning and divided between our lunches and a bag in the fridge for the teen when he gets home from school. They aren't bad from No Frills sale this week. I have another package hidden in the fridge for tomorrow
    DS has sports tonight but we have time to make a quick dinner and then go. Have some leftover steak and chicken so may make him pasta with it or maybe pick up buns and make burgers (patties ready in the freezer) with veggies and dip.
    Both my pick ups showed up and paid so added $6 to the summer fun jar Will post a bunch of items tonight hopefully.
    We are expecting the humid weather today and a possible thunder storm. Good for the garden
    Ciel likes this.

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information