User Tag List

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree1797Likes

Thread: July 2016 Frugal Chatter - all welcome

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    This website has suggestions on how to fix icing after it separates. I guess I'll be doing more baking and icing this week.

http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-resc...ave-a-br-69323
    @Angela273 : Thank you for the tips! I was a little concerned with the high temperatures this weekend and will keep those tips in mind.

I was expecting our child benefit cheque to be a surprise but a document came the day before listing how much it was. Ours dropped by a smidgen over $10 but it's probably more in the long run because it's not taxed. I expect the amount will change next year after the new baby arrives, and especially after 2017 if I'm on a maternity leave income.
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am going to Fortino's for my corn too. I have a PC Plus offer of 200 points for every dollar spent. Steak & corn for dinner tonight. Yum.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I am going to Fortino's for my corn too. I have a PC Plus offer of 200 points for every dollar spent. Steak & corn for dinner tonight. Yum.
    mmmmm that will be on our menu this weekend too!
    Giseledta, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Avon great news for your DH

Cath & Nancy hope you both start to feel better soon
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good evening everyone!!! Well I made another trade on my Facebook french couponning group.I will be well stocked in Astro Original Yogurt coupons,Hellmans mayonaise and becel margarine and others coupons.Great to keep track of the messages and what I exchanged with who with 7 trades going !!! Will continue to writhe to some compagnies I like for coupons.Wishing everyone a great evening and night!!! Thank you all for responding to my post on depression,it feel sure good to not be alone with that,
    Giseledta, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I dont plan to make others trades in the future (at least not before 2 weeks) it cost a lot in stamps and I will wait to have my fpc's to exchange for others fpc's.
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Jul 22nd, 2016 at 06:44 PM.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I left Dh at home with the kids got an hour after supper. I spent $12 OOP at Sobeys for 6x Kraft block cheese = 100AM and 2 4L Lucerne milk = 30AM. Icing sugar for more cupcake icing. I redeemed $20 in AM and a $10gc from a previous promotion.

No Frills I spent $33 OOP and redeemed $46 in coupons. I used a lot of printed coupons that I printed off for this evening's shopping trip and I wasn't given any haste about it from employees. 400pts from my PC Plus offers. I am now submitting the receipt for $2 back from CO51, Zweet, and Caddle.

i had fun and it all barely fit in the fridge.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Jul 23rd, 2016 at 01:01 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good day! Had a good start to the day. 3 loads of laundry washed, dried and put away! Beds made. Ds's closet cleaned out and claimed back a storage container. Have washed it and it is outside drying. Started my back to school bin for snacks/drinks etc. Ds is going to my sisters for a kid gathering bbq so will go out shopping later. Will pull steak out for dinner I think since he doesn't like it. Will make one for oldest and he can eat when back home.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Thanks ladies for the support it means a lot.

We had to bring our bulldog to the vet yesterday to the tune of $178....grr...we will have to do a follow early next week as her ear is filling back up with fluid so another cost for that.

Did a small shop yesterday at sdm & Independent and $160 later we still need so much. I was trying to hold out until late next week some items could not be avoided.

Wishing everyone a great day.

If anyone has any $1 Mini wheats (good on any) exp Dec. 2016 please let me know and perhaps we can work something out.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm with Jasperandchar I could use some Miniwheats cereal coupons. I have some more coupons to adto my trade LST. I rarely sit at my computer because the twins want to crawl under my desk or play with my computer chair, etc. I am going to be posting fuel discount coupons that are good at any Shell station, I don't need them all.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I feel the grocery pinch we have been putting items off for a couple of weeks now, luckily with me being out of town it has not been an issue as we are really only feeding Mom as my meals are covered by work.

We were able to get by with a small grocery shop I did last week before I left getting Mom rice, milk, yogurt and a couple other things, spent under $30 and it got her through the week.

With that being said we were bad tonight, I used my selling money for Chinese. I made a few sales this week, everything at posted price so I took that money and ordered Chinese.

This week was pay week and I did the budget and I have money for groceries so I figured a treat would be nice. Mom has been working full time and is covering all of her own costs and I have not been able to find time to shop so I have been able to tuck away some money I will use for groceries.

I used some of my crochet money to buy more yarn this week, the one I use for the animal pillows is on sale so I grab a few for some up coming projects. I am working on adding more to my blog so I can make it my portfolio and hopefully within a few weeks I can start taking on some Christmas orders, I will use any money I make to pay for Christmas gifts.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night, off to work on some slippers.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Dh and I had a lovely evening out as he has friends leaving the country so they had a little get together. It was a bit cooler so nice to be outside.
    the older child has started the job hunt. He had an interview today and since he is naturally shy he was understandably nervous. Sounds like it went well and regardless of the outcome this is good practice.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ That's really true about interviews, lilo - the more you do, the better you are prepped.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Though it's cooled down to the twenties here, it's still really humid, so ICK.

I just finished making a batch of antipasto - gah, all the chopping! I kind of did it over the past few days, starting with the pickled onions and gherkins because they could stay in a container without the sauce. Cut and blanched the rest of the veg throughout the day today. Anyway, just mixed the sauce up - got my husband to taste-test (even though he's not a big fan; my son will be the true taste-tester tomorrow) - he said, add more horseradish, and he was right, lol!

I had to wait to make this til I had all the veggies I needed at once, and now was the time. We'll eat it as appies/snackies for a week, and I freeze small portions to use over the next months once in a while.

Take care, everyone!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Off to London, England on Tues which will be quite a contrast to our last 2 weeks of country living! Back to Toronto July 31 for 3 nights visiting my Mum and then to Illinois for a family wedding. Back to Calgary in 2.5 weeks-have been searching for ancestors and seeing beautiful sights. Gas for the car is 2x the price at home, groceries are reasonable and fresh and tasty-eating out quite pricey. Out for a pub lunch with my Mum's cousin today.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

No good deed goes unpunished.
    Dh played golf with a couple of friends this afternoon. He was gone for 7hrs because his one friend is very bad at golf. Dh only golfs twice a year. We were invited to a bon fire that dh's coworker was hosting. We decided that I would go and leave him at home with the kids. I didn't drink and I rarely drink, so it didn't bother me to hang out. When I headed home I was flagged down by a guy with a very drunk girl, 2 houses down the road from the party. I recognized the woman from the party and I agreed to drive her home. The party was in a small town, but she lives in Estevan. We didn't make it very far before she puked all over the inside of my truck and down the outside of the door too. The host of the party insisted that there was a DD and cabs that had been arranged. I spent quite a while cleaning up my truck and I'm sure that it will stink. She puked into the speaker in the door of the truck, etc. I washed everything up as well as I could in the middle of the night and sprayed Febreeze. I kinda wish I had insisted she use the designated DD. I hadn't even met this lady until tonight. I guess I am just too nice. I wanted to ensure that she got home safely, but I got punished for it. It is now 2:20am and I can't sleep. I pre-arranged to go fishing with our son and a friend at 8:30am. I was really looking forward to it, but now I am going to be extra sleep deprived and I feel like I won't be as good of a mom tomorrow. I should have left before midnight, when people at the party were still able to stand on their own two feet.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information