User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: where to pierce babies ears?

Clippin' Coupons 4 Life! turkishdelyte's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

not 100% about when i want to pierce my daughters ears....please no attacks about my choices with my daughter (thanks). i was just wondering where some of you got your daughters ears pierced? stores names? approx. how much does it cost?

thank you in advance
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i heard shoppers drug mart (some) , Claire's Accessories does them too. I think your local jeweler maybe able to do it aswell, i know countless jewelers in scarborough who do it for 20.00 including the earring.

prices range from 15.99- 30.00$- all depends on what kind of earrings you get i think.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

At first I thought you meant where on the ear to get it pierced.. I was thinking, "the bottom? Or maybe a cool hoop at the top " Durrrrr I'm tired. I had mine done (years ago, admittedly) at Zellers and then Ardene's. I think *most* hair salons still offer this, but maybe that's just where I live.
    Marriage is a wonderful institution, but I'm not ready for an institution yet.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

We took my friend's daughter to Visage by Caryl Baker. They were really friendly and helpful.

When I was younger, got them done at Ardene's then Shoppers, then Ardene's, then did them myself, then went to a piercing parlour (but that was for the eyebrow ). I know I've always been sensitive to metal, but once I got the eyebrow pierced, it was supposed to heal, but then never did, after a year I had to get it taken out. Now I don't wear any earrings

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Katyana08 View Post
    At first I thought you meant where on the ear to get it pierced.. I was thinking, "the bottom? Or maybe a cool hoop at the top
    ahahaha yeah get your baby one of those hoops at the top
    how awesome would that be?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

lol.... if you walked around with a baby with hoops on the top of his ear, poeple would give you all kinds of looks. but i'm sure the kid will still be adorable!.

and before you take your child for the piercing make sure you give her some baby tylenol, about 30 mins befroe you reach the piercing location, (it take about 30 mins to kick in). This will ease her pain.

Clippin' Coupons 4 Life! turkishdelyte's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

THANK YOU EVERYONE I like the tylenol advice urou....never thought of that! I guess I'm going to wait it out a little longer as my lil' cookie just got her first set of immunizations...and I can't take seeing her cry (i know, i'm a sucky baby...lol)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

There is numbing stuff you can apply to there ears as well
    I"m a newbie and heres my coupon wishlist. I"ll trade for stamps
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/92252-c...shlist-canada/

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I had mine pierced the first time by a lady my mom knew at the hair salon then the second time my aunt pierced them she worked at ardenes LOL

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I spent a few years working for a company that specializes in piercing jewelry. I used to have some hardware myself I have an obscure opinion on this subject and I am sure a lot of people disagree with me, but I'll throw my two cents in.

I would like to suggest that instead of having her ears pierced with a pair of studs in a piercing gun, spend the extra money and take her to a piercing shop. The difference is this: a piercing done in a piercing shop will be done with a very fine, hollow needle. Then as the needle is pulled through, a hoop is fed into the back of it, and then the hoop is closed with a ball. It's called a Bead Captive Ring or BCR. The sharp needle hurts less than the gun, and doesn't punch a hole, it cuts one. Because you can give the hoop a complete rotation, you can keep it cleaner, and it's MUCH less likely to get infected. If your concerned about your little one pulling on the hoop, it can be fitted small enough that it just fits around her lobe. Also, the bead does not come out without a special tool, so there's no chance she'll get it open.

I think most of us had our ears pierced by a girl at the mall, with a piercing gun and turned out fine. But the studs have to be blunt enough to sit in your ears for 6 weeks, so they aren't THAT sharp. You're really just jamming something through the skin. It's rougher than it needs to be.

I hate to say it, but stores like Claire's churn through staff like crazy and heaven only knows if you're squirmy little one is going to be pierced by someone in training. The scary tattoo shop, on the other hand.... has someone who lives and breathes piercing. And gets visits from a health inspector.

Preferably you could get two piercers to do both ears at the same time. I used to have two piercings in my tongue (it was the style at the time, I swear!), and when it was done, the first one didn't hurt, but when he did the second hole, it was much worse. Adrenaline wears off in that few seconds that they line up the second hole. Realistically it's going to take more than a few seconds with an itty bitty.

Alright, that's all I have to say about that. When my little girl's turn comes, she's going to see a burly dude covered in tattoos and I'll pay the extra money to get it done the best, most hygienic way possible.
    secheltsaver and 1_love like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I had never thought of it like that Monique.b! I've had my ears, nose and belly button pierced and I must admit I prefer the tattoo covered professionals. After all this debate I am now considering getting my little girls ears done, especially since there are hoops that just fit snugly around the lobes. My issue with my ears being pierced as a child is that the stud would catch on my clothes or others and rip my ears, lol. This doesn't seem likely with a very small hoop.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion! Now does anyone know if they make completely non-toxic, washable stick on tattoos for babies because I would LOVE to scare my mom after a trip to the tattoo parlour! haha. Poor woman would faint to see her infant granddaughter with a barb wire arm band tattoo.
    Marriage is a wonderful institution, but I'm not ready for an institution yet.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

i took my daughter to Caryl Baker Visage. the lady there did a great job. it hardly took a couple of mins and if i'm not wrong i think it was around $40 ( u pay for the ear ring and piercing is free).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Katyana08 View Post
    I had never thought of it like that Monique.b! I've had my ears, nose and belly button pierced and I must admit I prefer the tattoo covered professionals. After all this debate I am now considering getting my little girls ears done, especially since there are hoops that just fit snugly around the lobes. My issue with my ears being pierced as a child is that the stud would catch on my clothes or others and rip my ears, lol. This doesn't seem likely with a very small hoop.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion! Now does anyone know if they make completely non-toxic, washable stick on tattoos for babies because I would LOVE to scare my mom after a trip to the tattoo parlour! haha. Poor woman would faint to see her infant granddaughter with a barb wire arm band tattoo.

i think go for it! and dont forget to the tattoo scare!, we all want to hear about the reaction!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

**about

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Monique that was an amazing post and made sense and is something most people would never had considered

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information