User Tag List

Page 249 of 450 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 259 299 349 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 6738
Like Tree3358Likes

Thread: The Official and ONLY Place to Discuss Negative Trade Experiences + Trade Blacklist

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I don't happen to think that it's a very polite thing to do, but I'm not sure much can be done about it. If it were me and I was the bidder that got screwed because they decided to extend the offer as they didn't get what they were expecting, I'd say thanks but no thanks and rescind my bid.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by redhdlois View Post
    I was wondering if it is permissible for an auction to be extended by the trader after it has already ended?? ie: I was bidding on an auction and it was indicated that it will close on Thursday, November 10th at 12:00pm (Pacific Standard Time ~ BC) An hour and a half after the close time the trader said that they were going to extend it over the weekend??? No updated info on the original post, just a remark in the reply??
    Who can I ask about this???
    generally ppl post they reserve the right to CANCEL the auction at any time for any reason .....so as for extending it ..I honestly do not see why not as they are probably extending rather than canceling because they have not received an offer they feel is fair.....

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    I don't happen to think that it's a very polite thing to do, but I'm not sure much can be done about it. If it were me and I was the bidder that got screwed because they decided to extend the offer as they didn't get what they were expecting, I'd say thanks but no thanks and rescind my bid.
    stand corrected didn't realize min bid had been reached and accepted
    Last edited by Jezebel; Fri, Nov 11th, 2011 at 12:18 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I would prefer that people state the minimum bid acceptable for their auction and then abide by the original terms. If we expect bidders to honor their bids, then it would seem reasonable to expect that auctioneers would honor their terms as well

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I would prefer that people state the minimum bid acceptable for their auction and then abide by the original terms. If we expect bidders to honor their bids, then it would seem reasonable to expect that auctioneers would honor their terms as well

I checked the auction that was mentioned and she only stated what she would START at (50 pts), she received 51 pts by the original closing date, and then simply posted that she was going away for the weekend & decided to leave the auction open.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    I checked the auction that was mentioned and she only stated what she would START at (50 pts), she received 51 pts by the original closing date, and then simply posted that she was going away for the weekend & decided to leave the auction open.
    If the minimum bid was reached by closing time it doesn't seem fair for the person to then extend it. JMHO.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzeebelle View Post
    generally ppl post they reserve the right to CANCEL the auction at any time for any reason .....so as for extending it ..I honestly do not see why not as they are probably extending rather than canceling because they have not received an offer they feel is fair.....
    Yeah, like if they had a $20 GC for auction for something, and someone bid 50 points, that could be $50 in low value coupons, which would normally be traded for $5, so even though you see High Value/FPC coupons in the 5-10 point area, someone could have only bid low value coupons. I try to post the current bid in my auction, I don't use points but $ value of bid, and consider FPC/HV double face value and post whatever the bid is and coupons. Sometimes I just don't get enough interest, and I get coupons I already have and wouldn't mind 1 or 2 extras of, but if the entire bid is stuff I already have and get no other interest there's no point in continuing it. Some people don't like it if I cancel it to restart at a later date, but I try to be courteous when someone is outbid so they're aware as most people don't have the time to constantly check my thread every day to see if they've been outbid. There's been a few times ive been on auctions and requested to be PMd when I'm outbid, then I check the thread 2 days later and I had been outbid 3 times and never told :O

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    If the minimum bid was reached by closing time it doesn't seem fair for the person to then extend it. JMHO.

Thank you....my sentiments exactly. They set what they wanted for a minimum bid, I exceeded that. Unfortunately I wasn't home at the 'end time' otherwise I could have PM'd to say I'd won! The change to the end time was done 1.5 hrs after her (still) posted end time.
    My issue is the person is going to be away for the weekend...so will they be updating any bids so I know whether I need to increase my bid (if I chose to)????? If not, I don't think that is right. I will have no way of knowing if they receive other bids or not if it is not updated.
    This decision to extend the time was obviously was not well thought through...

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

THe person DID state what they wanted as the minimum bid! If they didn't like my bid it should not have been accepted at the time I presented it.
    Last edited by redhdlois; Thu, Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Added more..

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

I PM'd her with my concerns

1) that I was surprised to see an extension made to the auction 1.5 hrs after the posted end time (which still hasn't been updated) !??!!?

2) In her absence, will she be updating the highest bid so I know if I am outbid ???? If not, how am I supposed to know if I get outbid??

3) WHen is the end of the auction?? She just indicated in her post that she is away for the weekend but did not note an actual end date/time so makes it kind of difficult to participate in the auction.

I'm really surprised some of you think it's just OK to extend an auction without thinking of these details.....

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

I PM'd her with my concerns

1) that I was surprised to see an extension made to the auction 1.5 hrs after the posted end time (which still hasn't been updated) !??!!?

2) In her absence, will she be updating the highest bid so I know if I am outbid ???? If not, how am I supposed to know if I get outbid??

3) WHen is the end of the auction?? She just indicated in her post that she is away for the weekend but did not note an actual end date/time so makes it kind of difficult to participate in the auction.

I'm really surprised some of you think it's just OK to extend an auction without thinking of these details.....
    I stand corrected I don't agree with how the time was extended and in all fairness you did exceed the min bid so in my opinion you won the auction. if she had wanted to extend it...that should have been before the closing not after nor should she have accepted you offer....my .1c

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Um, in all fairness, that 1.5 hours could have been her at work, or picking up her kids from school/daycare/life things and did not have the time to be on SC at before or at the exact moment her auction ended. And as I mentioned the 50pts could be 50x$1 low value coupons, and could only be worth a $5 GC in trade, so it would make sense to extend the auction until she reached a minimum she was satisfied with to correlate with the value of the gift card she was auctioning. A minimum bid of 50 points could be 5x10 point items that are extremely high value/rare that would be the equivalent if traded for a $15 GC. I really don't think it's something to be upset about. I normally hold auctions because I have people offering me $10 in FPCs for a $10 GC on my trade list, so when I need a re-stock, or have a gift card I'm not going to use, I hold an auction. Sometimes someone offers me just a straight trade for the GC I have and I close the auction immediately because I got what I wanted. Sometimes if someone places a bid that is slightly lower then trade rates, but they are coupons I really want or need, I will close the auction immediately.

In regards to not updating you about the bids, I can count on both hands users who don't do this only because they don't have the time to PM each person, and they will just update in the thread. There are also people who place bids, then aren't online for 2 days. So, PMing this person 5-6 times over the course of 2 days while they might not even be reading their PMs might be a waste of time to some..

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

THe person DID state what they wanted as the minimum bid! If they didn't like my bid it should not have been accepted at the time I presented it.
    Actually, I was supporting you. What I meant was that rather than saying "I reserve the right to cancel at any time", a minimum bid that is acceptable to the auctioneer should be posted and if it is met then an auction should close according to the rules that were first stated. After all, how many bids would be accepted if the bidders did the same thing and said they reserved the right to withdraw their bid at any time? I am not a big fan of coupon auctions....
    Last edited by DianneS; Fri, Nov 11th, 2011 at 01:09 AM.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Actually, I was supporting you. What I meant was that rather than saying "I reserve the right to cancel at any time", a minimum bid that is acceptable to the auctioneer should be posted and if it is met then an auction should close according to the rules that were first stated. After all, how many bids would be accepted if the bidders did the same thing and said they reserved the right to withdraw their bid at any time?

so true !!! still made me laugh though ! I can just imagine the uproar if someone wanted to withdraw their bid after it had been accepted!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

My point exactly. Really, we all know what we want for our auction item. Why not just state it up front? I have a J&J replacement coupon that I would like to trade. I would probably like to trade it for Aveeno coupons. A minimum of five would be a fair trade in my opinion, and any extra beyond that would be gravy. So if I decide to auction it, then to me the reasonable thing to do would be to say: minimum bid 5 x $3 J&J Call-in Aveenos. If it's worth more to someone then I might do better, if it's not then they get a baby gift basket and I get what I want. We are talking about coupons, after all, not antique furniture or collectible art!

Thread Information