User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Another rant.

People that yell into cellphones so everyone can hear their conversation.
    Please turn down the volume a little.
    Any louder, you wouldn't need the cell phone.

Seriously, those backpacks. Take them off your back when loading the bus. People realize how large they are.
    I know you have a lot of "stuff" to carry with you, but any larger you will need a flagman to direct.
    Last edited by koala; Wed, Oct 14th, 2009 at 03:55 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Heehee, some of these are funny.

I'm really not all that peeved, just trying to make something no so fun into something funny.

On the bus, there's also people with their bags on the seat when the bus is crowded and people are standing - I always will say, "Excuse me" and make 'em move it!

Another bus peeve - when there's lots of free spaces to sit on the bus, but someone insists on sitting right next to me and crowding my space. Crowding is expected when the bus is crowded, but when there's lots of space, go find your own!

Z

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was thinking about pet peeves today and the one that I've seen a lot in the last few days is when someone is crossing the street at an intersection and they insist on crossing at a diaginol and taking twice as long to cross. I can't turn because they are walking on the road, usually slowly.

Amber

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

people who stare, especially the ones who stare at people who are disabled.

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

you folks are funny

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ohh here is one I witnessed in march on the subway in TO guy on his laptops on the subway but instead of the laptop being on his lap its on the seat next to him and hes typing away...umm seriously buddy they call it a laptop for a reason apparently naming it a LAPtop still didnt make it an idiot proof name guess the next invention has to be spelled out for you...what was worse is this idiot let everyone else stand in front of him and around him while him and his laptop take up two spaces...should have asked him if he was comfy...

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Gee, on my infrequent bus trips, I have had zero girls sit on my lap. Zonny, what am I doing wrong? What are your suggestions as to how they could sit on my lap for a while. Anxiously waiting your reply.

P.S. I don't care how big or small they are.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    ohh here is one I witnessed in march on the subway in TO guy on his laptops on the subway but instead of the laptop being on his lap its on the seat next to him and hes typing away...umm seriously buddy they call it a laptop for a reason apparently naming it a LAPtop still didnt make it an idiot proof name guess the next invention has to be spelled out for you...what was worse is this idiot let everyone else stand in front of him and around him while him and his laptop take up two spaces...should have asked him if he was comfy...
    ask who was comfy? The guy or the laptop?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thompson_am View Post
    I was thinking about pet peeves today and the one that I've seen a lot in the last few days is when someone is crossing the street at an intersection and they insist on crossing at a diaginol and taking twice as long to cross. I can't turn because they are walking on the road, usually slowly.

Amber
    Send them to Quebec, we run them over.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DH666 View Post
    Send them to Quebec, we run them over.

First shipment arrives tomorrow. Look for the Go Bus with Hamilton on it.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by koala View Post

First shipment arrives tomorrow. Look for the Go Bus with Hamilton on it.
    BAHHAHAHAHA

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DH666 View Post
    Gee, on my infrequent bus trips, I have had zero girls sit on my lap. Zonny, what am I doing wrong? What are your suggestions as to how they could sit on my lap for a while. Anxiously waiting your reply.

P.S. I don't care how big or small they are.
    3 easy steps.

1 - slip a bribe to the bus driver (gc to Starbucks should work)
    2 - when the girl is standing in front of you, give the driver the signal
    3 - brace yourself for the sharp swerve into the other lane which throws the girl into your lap

You might want to stock up on gc's, since the word might get out on the helpful driver's route & you have to find another accomplice.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by koala View Post
    You have me thinking about my infrequent bus rides. (thank goodness)

How about people with these over sized backpacks?
    They have these things attached to their backs, and with one swift turning motion, they can knock down a lineup of people like dominos.

Or guys. Why do you have to sit with your legs spread so far apart. My chunky thighs don't like being squished together. Your jewels are not so big that you need to take up that much space. One trip was so annoying that I eventually told the guy I really didn't think that his "jewels" needed that much space, and please put your legs together. He complied.

And what's with this leg shaking thing? Some of you guys feel it's necessary to keep one leg in motion. There's enough vibration to the bus. I don't need your help.

OK. I'm done.
    hey i don't do that! i do agree with the oversized backbacks tho
    $700 US and counting....
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/ergo2

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    3 easy steps.

1 - slip a bribe to the bus driver (gc to Starbucks should work)
    2 - when the girl is standing in front of you, give the driver the signal
    3 - brace yourself for the sharp swerve into the other lane which throws the girl into your lap

You might want to stock up on gc's, since the word might get out on the helpful driver's route & you have to find another accomplice.
    Thanks Andit, I'll let you know the next time I take the bus.

I better not try that on a plane

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

My peeve today is trying to get in to see a doctor in Alberta. Our town switched from a daily, open walk-in clinic from 14:00-17:00, to where you have to phone in to book a "same day appt". So, I started phoning at 09:00; at 09:35 I finally got through to the receptionist who politely told me my dr wasn't in today, and hung up before I could ask about seeing another dr. So I had to do the phone tag thing again. Finally got an appt, but its sooo stressful, hardly even seems worth it! This is why I would rather suffer through the plague than try to get in to see a dr (DH made me go though ).

I tried phoning yesterday too, the girl asked what I needed to see the dr for, so I told her, she said he wasn't in, so I asked if I could see someone else and said I'd had the issue for over a month and needed to see someone, she told me that if it had already been a month, another day wouldn't matter.

And then I wait for over an hour in the office, trying to entertain a three year old a one year old who have both missed their naps, and the doc wonders why my blood pressure is high. Oh...and I got to discuss (in gruesome detail) my feminine issues with three male dr's in the room.

Okay, I'm done.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/hockeymomma
    Click here to join me at Superpoints and get free Amazon GCs!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information