User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargainlover84 View Post
    My 3.5 year old daughter has started to ask me how much everything costs lately. When we went to zellers today to pick up some of the 50% off glade scented oil tins she of course asked me how much it was. I told her they were free with the $2 off coupons.

She pats me on the leg, says "good job mommy now can I have christmas barbie cause you got it for free".

I thought it was amusing.
    That is just too cute - gotta train them young!
    Start earning SwagBucks here: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DanesMom

It's easy, it's fun, and it's free!!

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

Ok so some of you might remember my experience with an L D cashier, she said she liked the smell of her sheeps poo more than the candles I was buying (febreze meadows and rain)

So that was dealt with thru the store manager, only thing is I didn't catch her name and I have a habit of nicknaming people... And hers is now sheep fetish lady

The cashier that l&s911 is talking about the fave and one I gave soup to laughs everytime I say it... And for some reason she just keeps coming up in our convos...

thanks l&s911 for the shopping trips so far, weither they have been planned or not... They have been fun, even when my son is eating turkey :p I was trying to make the turkey take effect and him be calm... And it worked... Note to all parents feed ur kids turkey while shopping they are much calmer :p lol

I would share the coupons with friends and family, and use some for more "bribes" with the cashier... She just told me something she is working on for x-mas... And I wanna add to her x-mas bundles for kids and teens

Thanks so much for the chance to win these and good luck to everyone

And thanks for the laugh l&s911 the way you wrote it, it is funny and I didn't think it was at the time :D
    P.S I have now managed to give away 10 packs of diapers to friends, and random strangers... Including someone just after I bought them while waiting at the bus stop... I see this young mom with her troop of kids all the time and I just asked her if she wanted some diapers... She was like what? I was like I have some diapers here that will fit your son, do you want them, she was so shocked and grateful... I think it made her day, it sure made mine to see how she reacted
    Last edited by lady_arianna; Sat, Nov 7th, 2009 at 04:38 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Thanks for the opportunity to win some coupons. I do not have a story right now, but I will try to think of one and post it later.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

thanks!when i will won this contest,then i will have lots of coupons!lol

then i will go shoping and i then something funny will hapen...then i will share my story with u guyes......but i have to win this contest first

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

I like the current odds of winning this :p

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Heres my story, dont kno whether its funny,
    I was at WM few weeks back(when they had that Jamieson Vitamin C promo- 60% off), so I am standing near Express checkout(less than 10 items), I have two loaves of bread, 2 vitamin c bottles and 1 4L Milk,(total 5 items), my turn comes and there is this Senior lady cashier(+55 I believe), she totally ignores me even though she is free, so I stand there and finally a young cashier calls me to come to her till, as I proceed to her till, the senior cashier lady shouts out, "Dont ring him, he has got more than 10 items",(I am pissed off now with that attitude), so the young girl is very pleasant and scans everything, we exchange the usual pleasantries and at the end I remark to her "It must be a very long day for u"
    Young cashier- "how come"?
    Me-pointing to the senior cashier-"since u have to work with such wonderful and
    unique specimens for 8 hours"
    Young cashier- glaring @ me- " thanks thats my mom"
    Needless to say I was embarassed and I said sorry to the young cashier(Now I dont know if she was her actual mother or the kid was taking me for a ride), but one thing was sure my better half was not impressed

needtosave$
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

ok here is why I would want the coupons... I usually go shopping with my kids.. One is 5 and the other is 7... of course Wm is our store of choice and every week my girls say ok mom.. do you have your list.. dou you have your flyers... oh and mom dont forget your coupon book... so we get to Wm and we are going down the isles and my girls are on the hunt for new coupons.... they start screaming when they find them and run to me.. as other shoppers are watching laughing they say would you like to be cheap like my mom?? my mouth drops open and I am embarrassed at this point and I just chuckle and say well you have to save money in this economy... so then we get to the cashier and my 5 year old says to them my mom has the walmart policy with her so you have to accept the coupons... again I just laugh then my husband walks away and leaves me there as I start to hand the coupons to the cashier and she said wow you really have some savy little shoppers with you... they of course don't hesitate to ring in my purchases and the coupons cause my daughter told them righ off the bat that I have the policy with me... they always make a fun time when we go shopping
    Sasha
    Earn SWAGBUCKS click here to sign up
    http://www.swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=1022529

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Bit of background to make my story make sense. My husband and I have been together for the last ten years and thanks to him I have an 18 year old step daughter and 21 year old step son. His daughter has lived between our house and her mothers house for the last ten years.

Over the course of the years, I have tried to teach my step daughter the value of $ and how far it can be stretched. So that she can take this lesson with here trough life.

Recently, she was visiting us with her best friend for the weekend. The girls went to the cold cellar to get cereal for breakfast. And I heard the girls laughing as they were coming up the stairs. The girls were laughing b/c I had cut the back of the cereal box for the coupon. Her best friend said to her, your step mom is smart. Do you know how much $ you can save. And my step daughter agreed. Made me feel good.

Then later that night, the girls were heading out to the movies ... so I handed them a 2 for 1 coupon. To which my step daughter replied... told you she has a coupon for everything ... and she always shops on sale.

Looks like my life lessons have sunk in. My proud moment.

If I win.... I want to spread the kindness and make the most of my coupon savings.

Thanks for reading.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Awesome stories in here so far!

I would wind up RAOKing all the coupons, and even though that's very much in the spirit of what lizard is doing, I'm not going to enter, just read and LOL.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

OMG I am LOVING these stories! Please keep them coming!!
    Only nine entries so far.... :D
    Last edited by lizardlipz; Sat, Nov 7th, 2009 at 08:56 PM.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Lol!!!

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

thinking thinking ... so far all i could think of is my dog chewing up coupons i left around and then ... eeek !!!! ...
    he pooped coupons !!! i could see 2$ off, exp oct 31, 1$ off, WUB ect .. in his poop !!!! wonder if they were still usable .... HAHAH jk !

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tasha313 View Post
    thinking thinking ... so far all i could think of is my dog chewing up coupons i left around and then ... eeek !!!! ...
    he pooped coupons !!! i could see 2$ off, exp oct 31, 1$ off, WUB ect .. in his poop !!!! wonder if they were still usable .... HAHAH jk !

LOL!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

well here's my story...everytime i go shopping anywhere before i enter the store. i give reminders to my family to keep your eyes open for coupon...(i litterly do this as we pull in the parking lot.) so one time i was at rcss had my brother who is 10, my cousin, my 4 year old son, they had made up a game....who can find the most coupons.
    i was soo embrassed but happy i didnt miss a single coupon....but i had 3 kids screaming i found a coupon...everyone turned and looked at me and i just pretend i had know idea what they were up too....i also made them keep the coupons and count them in the car to see who was the winner.(just so it didnt look like i put them up to it)

as for the $300 coupons i think i would just take some and roak the rest....i have quite a few coupons im planning to give away so i would just added it to that.
    unless its food items that can be donated

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

all these stories are great !! if I won I would be deff sharing but for sure with th CS at LD as they are just so great and I never have problems stacking in fact sometimes they will see what I am buying and then comment they would like that also so I give them stacks if I have them and have even bought the item for them the other day I thought it was funny as there was a few of us together shopping at LD and while waiting in line was going back and forth to get things to put in the CS Cart for her shopping when she was done work!! and ended up staying longer so I could help her finish shopping and stacking her coupons !!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information