User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

hi, here is my story:

Me and my little one (7 1/2 months), went coupon shopping, and had to pick up some food. We were at the coop, going up and down the aisles, we stopped. I was looking at something, parked my DD close to me, coop has her sale posting sticking out, she (DD), was trying to grab them, so i gave her a coupon to hold on to, she was having so much fun playing with it, made me laugh.

another funny story is:

I went to WM with my DD and neice, she is 6...i was pushing the cart, she was pushing DD in stroller...i was stopped, looking at yogurt, i grabbed one, my neice said very loud, Aunty is that on sale, do u have a coupon for it, if not put it back u cant afford to buy it. my mouth dropped to the ground, i told her yes i can afford it and, not everything i buy, needs coupons...she said ok, ...she does hold anything back she says what is on her mind....when i got home , i phoned my mom and told her what happened we both laughed.

if i win, i will help other people out, very two weeks i put coupons down by the front door of our aprt buld, near mail boxes, to help out other in my building

Trading Score
    149 (100%)

I don't need any coupons so if I win any, the Toronto down-towners can have a go at it.

I was at No Frills yesterday when I saw a guy, in his 30s, picking up a box of Huggies diapers. Right staring at him was the pad for Huggies coupons. So I pointed it out to him and our conversation went like this:

Me: Take one of those (pointing at the pad), there are coupons in there
    Him: What is in there?
    Me: Coupons to save you money on the diapers - $2 off
    Him: Why?
    Me: To save you money, so you pay $2 less
    Him: What's the catch? Do you work for them?
    (I had a basketful of groceries with me, bleary eyed tired and getting irritable)
    Me: There is no catch. It's free money
    Him: I don't think so. There is always something hidden. They want something.
    Me: Whatever - Up to you! You are walking away from a toonie on the floor.
    Him: Where? Where is the toonie?

At this point, beyond exasperated because I was in a hurry and this guy just don't 'get it', I just started laughing so hard that I had tears on my cheeks. The guy, baffled and embarrassed, walked away muttering "She is nuts!"

BTW, my husband just coined a new term for me "OCD - Obsessive Coupon Disorder"

Tjeni
    Trading Score
    39 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tripsplanner View Post
    I don't need any coupons so if I win any, the Toronto down-towners can have a go at it.

I was at No Frills yesterday when I saw a guy, in his 30s, picking up a box of Huggies diapers. Right staring at him was the pad for Huggies coupons. So I pointed it out to him and our conversation went like this:

(I had a basketful of groceries with me, bleary eyed tired and getting irritable)

At this point, beyond exasperated because I was in a hurry and this guy just don't 'get it', I just started laughing so hard that I had tears on my cheeks. The guy, baffled and embarrassed, walked away muttering "She is nuts!"

Too funny....was laughing at this and DH asked what was up....

Love this thread... great idea..

Trading Score
    159 (99%)

Well I don't have a sob story or funny stories.

All I do know that COUPONS have saved my life and I love using them to help others. But most of all I have taught my Kids who are 13,13, 6 to use them and how to respect money.

Just this weekend my 2 boys were out shopping at the mall with there birthday money. The mall has a Zellers and they had gotten coupons for me. They are always on the look out for me know. I loved watching there faces when the pull these coupons out of there pockets and say "Here Mom Look What We Found" like it is Christmas morning. Man that makes me laugh. Well that is my story. I have enjoyed everyone elses stories too. I hope I win one. Good luck to everyone.
    Last edited by tracywoodbeck; Mon, Nov 9th, 2009 at 08:38 PM.

Trading Score
    177 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tripsplanner View Post

hahah..that's too funny! Money grows on pads
    Redeem $5 Amazon gift cards every week! Just SEARCH & WIN!
    Join Swagbucks:
    www.swagbucks.com/refer/julyprincess

Banned
    Trading Score
    92 (99%)

kool

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

I still laugh at my brag from a few weeks ago.Shake..shake..shake and still shaking!!Here is the link:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/106712-...-going-canada/
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I always go shopping with my son. One day after I told him that I saved more than $10 by using coupons, he was so excited. He said "Mom, so now I can get the bionicle for free?" (The price was $9.99)

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Alright - I have been an SCer for the past few months and have learned a lot about coupons from how to use them properly, to where to find them and how to stack (which is still a work in progress).

Today, I went shopping with my children who are 5 & 7. They are getting used to me looking for coupons, so they have started helping out. When they see coupons in store they decide to grab some for their own stash. I find it cute and really amusing - it keeps them busy while I shop.

Well, I was wondering to myself, how far would I go to get some coupons?

Here's how far:
    I happened to notice - on my way in to the grocery store - a $2 coupon for Ben & Jerry's ice cream next to the cart area, on the ground, in the parking lot. I thought, "oh, what's this?" " I wonder if the coupon is any good?" I moved it a bit with my foot (thinking "I can't believe I am doing this!") but decided to stop pursuing this and left to go shopping.

We shopped and did our thing in store. When I came out of the grocery store, of course I immediately thought of the coupon that I saw on the ground earlier. I realized that I was looking for it, while heading to my car, and of course it was still there! I thought to myself, "I bet someone would really like this coupon on a trade, it's $2 off B&J ice cream!" I put my groceries in the car, put the cart away, and then without even giving it another thought, I picked up the coupon and put it in my purse (yes - I checked the expiry date and it's good!). It wasn't dirty and was in pretty good condition.
    I cannot believe how coupon crazy I have become. I am looking everywhere for coupons - in places that I never thought I would be looking. I don't intend to keep looking on the ground for coupons, but for whatever reason, this one caught my eye.

Just surprised me that I noticed this one on the ground and the fact that I picked it up - it's all just a bit coupon crazy!!!!

That's my story - hope you like it.

I would share some coupons with an SCer newbie.

Thanks

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

2 MORE HOURS left

Trading Score
    287 (100%)

I would love the coupons as I have been drawing more and more people into this lovely world of coupons. It started with a couple women at work and has grown to include a few men. One of the girls I work with ordered a bunch of save.ca coupons and I offered to cut them up for her as she was quite busy with schooling on the side but her husband got so excited at the number of coupons that he spent his entire Friday off cutting them up I got an email from her today saying that I had created yet another monster and that he had spent the ENTIRE weekend online ordering more coupons and finding new places to order them or download them. Every Thursday someone comes in with flyers for the week and me and 2 other women make our lists and I try to get them coupons for anything they may need for the weekend. I would love the coupons to be able to share with them and build their stashes. I'm called the Crazy Coupon Queen at work and love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm hoping that bringing in 300 coupons to work one day would just knock all their socks off
    I have started a new venture with South Hill Designs (customizable lockets and bracelets). Check out my website to learn more
    http://www.southhilldesigns.com/ca/olganorris/default

Trading Score
    287 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynfan View Post
    Alright - I have been an SCer for the past few months and have learned a lot about coupons from how to use them properly, to where to find them and how to stack (which is still a work in progress).

Today, I went shopping with my children who are 5 & 7. They are getting used to me looking for coupons, so they have started helping out. When they see coupons in store they decide to grab some for their own stash. I find it cute and really amusing - it keeps them busy while I shop.

Well, I was wondering to myself, how far would I go to get some coupons?

Here's how far:
    I happened to notice - on my way in to the grocery store - a $2 coupon for Ben & Jerry's ice cream next to the cart area, on the ground, in the parking lot. I thought, "oh, what's this?" " I wonder if the coupon is any good?" I moved it a bit with my foot (thinking "I can't believe I am doing this!") but decided to stop pursuing this and left to go shopping.

We shopped and did our thing in store. When I came out of the grocery store, of course I immediately thought of the coupon that I saw on the ground earlier. I realized that I was looking for it, while heading to my car, and of course it was still there! I thought to myself, "I bet someone would really like this coupon on a trade, it's $2 off B&J ice cream!" I put my groceries in the car, put the cart away, and then without even giving it another thought, I picked up the coupon and put it in my purse (yes - I checked the expiry date and it's good!). It wasn't dirty and was in pretty good condition.
    I cannot believe how coupon crazy I have become. I am looking everywhere for coupons - in places that I never thought I would be looking. I don't intend to keep looking on the ground for coupons, but for whatever reason, this one caught my eye.

Just surprised me that I noticed this one on the ground and the fact that I picked it up - it's all just a bit coupon crazy!!!!

That's my story - hope you like it.

I would share some coupons with an SCer newbie.

Thanks
    OMG, thank goodness I'm not the only one I think I reached my nutness this weekend I was on the bus on Sunday on the way to the mall and when I sat on the bus I saw a coupon under the seat across from me for the Infusium 23 for $3 (really want lots of these) and I was dying to dive under the seat to get it but someone was sitting there When I got to the mall there is a bridge running from the bus stop to the mall and there were coupons strewn all over the ground. YES, I picked them up Then outside the coffee shop someone had left their newspaper and more coupons were strewn all over the floor. YES, I picked those up too Then going home at the bus stop even more coupons on the bench just sitting there. By now you must know that I grabbed those too Never thought I'd go that crazy for coupons but OMG how can you pass up free money like that????
    I have started a new venture with South Hill Designs (customizable lockets and bracelets). Check out my website to learn more
    http://www.southhilldesigns.com/ca/olganorris/default

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Perogie View Post
    OMG, thank goodness I'm not the only one I think I reached my nutness this weekend I was on the bus on Sunday on the way to the mall and when I sat on the bus I saw a coupon under the seat across from me for the Infusium 23 for $3 (really want lots of these) and I was dying to dive under the seat to get it but someone was sitting there When I got to the mall there is a bridge running from the bus stop to the mall and there were coupons strewn all over the ground. YES, I picked them up Then outside the coffee shop someone had left their newspaper and more coupons were strewn all over the floor. YES, I picked those up too Then going home at the bus stop even more coupons on the bench just sitting there. By now you must know that I grabbed those too Never thought I'd go that crazy for coupons but OMG how can you pass up free money like that????

I figured I wasn't alone - but at least you picked up tons of coupons - I only jumped for one!!! Good to know I am sane.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

So today my DH took me out shopping to buy me a pre-Christmas Christmas present...he we went searching for a MACBOOK PRO laptop computer..so off we went to Victoria, a city 1 hour away from our home..we went to Futureshop and London Drugs, as well as Staples...so my story goes like this, and I have to laugh, cause DH is catching on:
    After Futureshop & Staples:
    DH: Well, seems that Mac/Apple prices are all exactly the same
    ME: Well, lets go check out LD just incase
    DH: Honey, there are no coupons for laptops you know...
    ME: Well I know, but if we buy it there and Futureshop has a sale later, LD will match the price
    DH: Okay, lets go look then, but I'm telling you, they're all priced the same

So off we go to Tillicum LD

ME: Oh look!! The MACPRO is 200.00 off here
    DH: OMG...and you'll never guess what I found....
    ME: What honey?
    DH: A bloody coupon book wub a laptop, you get a coupon book with $600.00 off certain things in the computer/electronics, good til March 2010...
    ME: SOLD!! We're buying it here..

Trading Score
    361 (100%)

I like to give away coupons to people in the grocery store, or wherever else I am that people are buying something that I have coupons for. Last week I was at SDM and this little old lady in front of me had 2 packages of Cottonelle and a bag of Depends. I had been saving my Cottonelle for when there was a sale and I needed toliet tissue, but she looked like she could use the savings, so I offered 2 X $1 cpns for the Cottonelle and one $2 cpn for the Depends. She said 'Oh thank-you dear. I sure can use the money that you saved me." I felt really good about saving this poor old little lady money, and I even gave her another $2 Depends cpn for the next purchase. After she handed the girl the cpns and the girl told her the total, she asked for scratch tickets and ended up buying around $10 worth. Here I thought that she could use the money, and she turned around and spent it and more on tickets. Oh well,at least I did my RAOK for the day!
    PS Great contest!
    Join me on swagbucks, and get an envelope worth $50 when you earn your first 100 swagbucks.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/anner2050

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information