User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Sleep Deprived
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Last edited by Junerose; Thu, Feb 5th, 2015 at 09:44 PM. Reason: should be a period instead of a question mark...

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That's just terrible Junerose. Unacceptable, including the so-called follow up. I'd probably still be upset as well. Very unprofessional.

I have a great LD except for one witch at the cosmetics dept as it happens, very snooty. I try to avoid her when I can LOL.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Junerose View Post
    Kaimui: I totally empathize with what happened to you. I still can't get over the feeling of utter humiliation and unfairness after being accused of something that I have never done. I am sorry that you had to experience it, too.

I hope that someone from LD's head office reads this thread. Customers should not be treated with such a lack of dignity. The fact that they have employees, not just at one particular store, but at other stores, also, who behave this way shows a serious flaw in their customer service standards.

It's been a week since my incident, and the store manager never followed up with me like she promised that she would. She probably figures since she's already lost me as a customer, why bother.

I tried getting the names of the District manager and the Director of operations from LD's head office so that I can write my letter to them. (You can tell I am still mad about this. I have never been as mad about anything as this ). Anyways, they refused to give me the names and told me to just fax it to the Head of customer services. When I tried explaining to them that I had already dealt with their customer services dept already and that they just bounced it back to the store level, I was told that's the best that they can do.
    Maybe you could write or phone the London Drugs CEO this is all I could find http://www.answers.com/topic/london-drugs
    Last edited by Poirot; Mon, Nov 16th, 2009 at 01:27 AM.

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kaimui22 View Post
    You're not the only person who's been accused of "ripping them off". This lady at the No.3 Rd store in Richmond once told me "You must be buying these, then returning them to make money off us. You are ripping us off. You must do this for a living."
    Just curious wondering which cashier this is, I've had one that questioned me about why I buy so many diapers (she didn't realise I'm pregnant, lol this was a week ago, I was almost flattered since I feel huge ), I find most of that employees at the LD are pretty nice though
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

I have had way better results with calling head offices rather than writing letters... If u write a letter they don't have to respond right away, but if u call they have to atleast say something to you right then...

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

i am sorry!

i personally knw one lady .she always puchase stuff and after few days she returns it(cloths,shoes,bed in a bags,make up, and all other stuff).i dont like it.if you dont like the product or not gonna use it dont buy it.

in my life i think i did this for 2-3 times only.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecoupons View Post
    i am sorry!

i personally knw one lady .she always puchase stuff and after few days she returns it(cloths,shoes,bed in a bags,make up, and all other stuff).i dont like it.if you dont like the product or not gonna use it dont buy it.

Same

We have every right to return a product that truly does not meet our needs or is defective in some way. But some people abuse the refund policies at stores and return almost everything they buy. It makes it so much harder for customers who want to return something for legitimate reasons.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

It makes you wonder what the heck people are doing at these stores that the staff are getting so upset about it.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello folks on here!

I registered to this site just because of this article that I fell upon by accident. And so here I begin!
    All the responses I am seeing on this thread are currently from people that do not work at London Drugs so I will now give you a glimpse into what actually happens and how things actually work at london drugs.... I am a worker at Store 46 which is on the Vancouver Island and my store I feel is probably the best store in the chain ( I may be a bit biased) but let me give you a little insight into why I think this. I as a worker who has been there for 7 years have seen a lot.. Like a store of only 72 employees raising almost $20,000 for United Way and as a company as a whole we raised just about $400,000 for United Way..
    We are well trained and the company puts a lot of emphasis on customer service unlike what people have said above that we are focusing more on price it is far from true... London Drugs tries to stay competitive with the likes of Wal-Mart and Costco in the area of price but in my eyes and probably in the eyes of most we are by far the superior in customer service aspect of things.. I know this lone situation has maybe painted us in a bad light but just some stuff from the story is to me a bit confusing.... London Drugs is not fully on board with stacking coupons... We accept different kinds on one product but if you have 2 identical coupons and only one product we wil not accept it.. We consider all customers important during this day in age and anyone that says different is just crazy... A $5.00 with coupons is just as important to us as the $25 without... You never know when that $5 needs something more expensive and then comes to us because we have been there for them... The way things were handled in that store is nothing like any of the London Drugs I have been a part of and any that I have heard before.. My store is unique we are in a tight community ( Colwood,Westshore) and working there is being part of a family.. I pride myself on customer service and as do my senior management... That store you guys have there also sounds unique in the sense it is the only store I have ever heard of that handles customers like that.

And something that I must inform all of you because I bet half of the people that are posting on here have never actually worked in retail and if you have then you will understand what I will be saying next.. Retail is more then just what the average customer thinks it is.. Yes the customer is always right and that is the problem.. We have to deal with the worst of the worst.. We have to clean up after the messiest of the messy.. We have to be the shrinks to people with problems.. And we have to do it with a smile and a friendly, up-beat attitude at all times or we look like the bad guys... Until you have served years of being on the other side you have no idea what even a 8 hour shift, especially in the busy months, does to a person when all they do is try to make the customer happy because heaven forbid you guys are wrong..

A little personal side note...

If you go to buy something then decide half way around the store you don't want it... PLEASE DEAR GOD do not just put it on any random shelf! Be courteous and put it back where you found it it would save us so much hassel cleaning up after you guys! If you were at home and wanted a sandwich but then half way through it you didnt want it anymore would you just throw it on your couch and leave?? No you would put it away! So please please please put stuff back where you got it... you teach your kids that so why not do it yourself!

Thanks for listening

A Proud London Drugs Employee

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh and on returns.... Do not get me started... It is insane how much we take back as a company and if I was running the compnay it wouldn't be like that at all... People without any proof of purchase wanting full money back, people trying to return food months later, people trying to return 3 year old toasters complaining it didn't meet ther standards...Customers are lucky to have a company that has such a lack-a-dasacle return policy because if it was up to most of the staff we wouldn't accept 3/4 of the returns we get daily, heck hourly!

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleg View Post
    Oh and on returns.... Do not get me started... It is insane how much we take back as a company and if I was running the compnay it wouldn't be like that at all... People without any proof of purchase wanting full money back, people trying to return food months later, people trying to return 3 year old toasters complaining it didn't meet ther standards...Customers are lucky to have a company that has such a lack-a-dasacle return policy because if it was up to most of the staff we wouldn't accept 3/4 of the returns we get daily, heck hourly!
    I can sympathize with casheirs because I was a cashier too in retail and grocery. Working in customer service especially, I am relating to the customer service desk different from a cashier position, like walmart and stuff has, dealing with returns, exchanges, complains etc would be a very challenging job for sure, with not much reward in the end (the pay may not be great).

As a customer I get polite cashiers who listen and try to help me as much as possible most of the time, it is when people misuse coupons etc that cashier turn sour so to speak and become more weary next time, most people value their jobs and do not want to lose them. that's where juneroses' story comes into play, a cashier thought she recognized her as someone else, someone who was clearly being dishonest shopping in said store.

I unfortunately live in Ontario, not unfortunate to live in Ontario, but unfortunate because I have never been in a london drug and do not know of this stacking coupons thing that LD allows, it is a different world to me. However, returning 3 YEAR OLD TOASTERS? People sure have ballz doing that. I would find that really embarrassing.

Anyway, iceleg, thanks for stopping by, it is always nice to hear the viewpoint from the other side of the till. welcome to the site!
    Last edited by Justine; Sat, Dec 5th, 2009 at 07:56 PM.

Sleep Deprived
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Last edited by Junerose; Thu, Feb 5th, 2015 at 09:45 PM.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Junerose, if I were in your place and that happened to me, I wouldn't go to that store location again either, and you are right, it takes one bad experience, people remember bad experiences more than good and they tell everyone they know about it too. This LD does not represent every LD, I know you were not trying to say that at all.

@iceleg ~ since you work within the company, who would you suggest junerose could contact in regards to this mistaken identity incident? getting a lot of someone who can do something is often difficult.
    Last edited by Justine; Sat, Dec 5th, 2009 at 09:32 PM.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecoupons View Post
    i am sorry!

People like that crave attention, they buy things almost knowing that will return it, I've had customers like that, who will buy the same products over and over again full well knowing that their family did not like it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

well I was in banking so I dealt with lots of upset customers per day due to bank fees and policies etc and I can say I ALWAYS put on a happy face regardless of how I felt that day or how I felt about that particular client - I never let personal feelings or problems rule how I treated anyone - Sure some people can be fussy or rude but the fact remains that you work for a business and you are the face of said business - if anyone became scary angry I would grab the manager of the bank and let her help out - otherwise I would put on a smile and be as helpful as I could and 99% of the tie that would fix the situation into a calmer one - I think there's a lack of personal control with a lot of people in the sales industry that way

I had one lady who would arrive every month and have a list of dollars and coins right down to the cent - eg: 10x 20$ 2x10$ 7x1$ 88x ten cents etc etc - I would have to get it all and count it out to her - then she would stand there while she divvied up the cash for all her bills and hand all the cash right back to us and I would have to log it and put it right back in the drawer - she knew that she could pay bills by giving us the bills and having us deduct it fro her account - she just liked doing it her way - and I was patient with her where no body else was and she ended up loving that and asking for e personally! I had a large group of loyal people who liked that quality and it left e feeling good about myself as well

Sorry to rant but I really did take the job seriously and it wasn't that hard to do

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information