User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: I think I've really had it with Maple Leaf foods this time!!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

the first round of tainted products was enough to make me never look at maple leaf again.

they weren't cleaning their equipment, as per manufacturer's instruction. they made ppl sick because of their complete and utter LAZINESS.

why were ppl giving them a second, third, fourth chance? because of a few coupons?? come on ppl!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Sleep Deprived
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

When I was young, my mom used to wash all the pre-packaged meats in boiling hot water before she would put them in our sandwiches. We thought she was being paranoid (in a loving way of course), now we see that mothers DO know best.

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

thank God i never ate that garbage
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

DH used to have to defend my cooking to his colleages. It started with homemade soups, then moved onto cooking up a chicken, turkey, pork loin or roast on Sunday. I wrap the meat in smalls portions to make lunch meals, sandwiches or wraps. His colleages thought it was a HUGE waste of money and time. Guess who started a trend at his offce...

While I know people like convenience, there are other alternatives
    The Bird Nest...
    (andrea) (derek) (duncan) & (pierce) and the 4 legged crew (dicey, chiquita, mr.t, mickey)

Really lovin it
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A few months ago I watched "How its made" about hot dogs and the manufacturing process...

I have not and WILL NOT eat them ever again. It was not appeasing

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abirdd View Post
    DH used to have to defend my cooking to his colleages. It started with homemade soups, then moved onto cooking up a chicken, turkey, pork loin or roast on Sunday. I wrap the meat in smalls portions to make lunch meals, sandwiches or wraps. His colleages thought it was a HUGE waste of money and time. Guess who started a trend at his offce...

that's a lot of work, nice
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Soooo...that means no Subway...no Quiznos....I totally agree with baking our own roasts, chickens, etc...which I do, of course, but there was always something to be said for those Saturday sammiches on buns stacked with a variety of deli meats and cheeses, warmed in the microwave until the cheese got gooey....sigh....AHEM! No more, however. I have now sworn off prepared meats of any variety, from any manufacturer, source or label.
    It's just not worth it.....

Trading Score
    187 (98%)

I know Scneiders is process by ML but at a different plant.... not saying that is any different but I don't know, I still buy schneiders

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=150767
    *** PLEASE click my referral link ***

Trading Score
    187 (98%)

and huh what about subway???

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=150767
    *** PLEASE click my referral link ***

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abirdd View Post

YAY! Glad to know I'm not the only one who has done this. Co-workers at my husband's and son's work look at their roasted chicken sammies with longing, and often comment - I guess they smell great once opened!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    YAY! Glad to know I'm not the only one who has done this. Co-workers at my husband's and son's work look at their roasted chicken sammies with longing, and often comment - I guess they smell great once opened!
    I agree - depending on how you season the meats, it can make quite the impact when opened up. DH says the roasted chickens are always the biggest hits now; something about that home cooked smell. The leftover bones also help make GREAT chicken/veggie soup!
    The Bird Nest...
    (andrea) (derek) (duncan) & (pierce) and the 4 legged crew (dicey, chiquita, mr.t, mickey)

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

oky as I read before you never know what companys do what many years ago when my brother was a teen working at bick's one of his buddys pee'd in the bicks pickel jar on the job. Down in Stoney Creek at a Chinese restruant when I was a younger I saw a cockroch running around the buffet. Ect Ect you just never know!
    Last edited by poohrules; Thu, Nov 12th, 2009 at 06:56 PM. Reason: add

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ahhh yummy mould and slime =/

I had no intention of ever buying maple leaf products again but my dad keeps G.D. buying them and I secretly throw them out after a week or 2 once he's forgotten abotu them [yes I'm mean] I always tell him not to buy it but apparently is goes in one ear and out the other.. oh well.

It's hard to trust a company when it employs anybody. As above I know that anybody can do anything to any product so... =/ I try not to think about it too much.

My family is slowly going back to the other ways of cooking a meat and slicing it ourselves.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can't imagine they are really good for you to begin with so prob a good thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information