User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

We finally made our furniture purchase. LEATHER furniture!

We had looked around lately, had a good idea of what leather furniture costs. The local Gallery One store had a sale on today only, so we decided to check it out. I had seen a sofa there recently that I liked - it was $1700, and I hoped to find a sale tag on it. The good news was, it DID have a sale tag! The bad news, the 'sale' price was $1999! Which is why I'm not real trusting of sales in furniture stores - we went through this two years ago when buying a new mattress and box spring.

Anyhow, as we shoppped around over the past few weeks, I was also kind of surprised to find that love seats are within a couple hundred dollars of a full sized sofa. I had really hoped to get both. But we decided we can't afford both right now, and were going to settle for just the sofa.

Then we went to the clearance section. We saw a sofa that looked nearly identical to the one we were eyeing upstairs, although wasn't quite the same to sit on. It had a couple of scratches along the back of it, but not bad, most people probably won't notice. What I DID notice was the price tag - $2400 for both sofa AND love seat! After much hemming and hawing, we finally decided to do it. I'm already wondering if we did the right thing, but it's done. I know I would have hemmed and hawed forever if I could have.

I'm particularly concerned that as a clearance section purchase, there is no warranty. I mentioned this to the sales guy, said, "What if the leather starts falling apart after three months?" He said, I can tell you this is excellent quality leather, Canadian-made, blah blah. I felt like asking, so, since you're so excited over the quality, can I come to you if something goes wrong? I know, chances are it WON'T go wrong! But I still fidget over it.

I don't know if any of you folks do this, but when I make a purchase, especially a BIG purchase, I second guess myself. I continue to shop and compare prices AFTER I bought the darned thing, so I can kick myself if I find a better deal later!

But, it's done! I'm so excited that before Christmas, I'm going to have some lovely leather furniture in my living room! Hopefully it will still be lovely next Christmas!

Z
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Spring Shoes

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

i second guess my big purchases too wondering if i could have found it cheaper or maybe we should have waited, but if was something i really needed then i'm ok with it

congrats on the new furniture

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Congrats, I'm happy for you! Our furniture is the same couch and chair I bought in 1987! But it got us through our kid, and many family members' children, too!
    I never thought I would want leather... just doesn't seem cozy to me. Maybe, though, with our son being 18 now, it might be something to consider.
    Enjoy!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Congrats!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I would love to have new furniture, but not until I retire from my Day Care. (LoL)

Congrats and enjoy.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

way to go!
    i love leather! easy clean up, no pet hair sticks and my kids are messy! so it was a good purchase for us
    Long Live the Frogs!
    One busy Frog hoppin' along.....

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Congrats, I'm sure if will be fine, most usually its peoples lifestyles that run down furniture.

We got our furniture the same way and saved so much

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Congrats! Nice to know I'm not the only one who stresses so much about buying furniture. Lol! We moved this summer and bought a new living room set (formal) and master bedroom set...the biggest problem for us is that DH and I have totally different design style...as in...he has none So we finally settled on a cream leather sofa and loveseat...and now I just don't like them...I really wanted more of a statement piece, and ended up with blah. Oh well. And the bedroom set we bought, we recently saw it for $500 less then we paid (with more pieces) to the Brick.

A few years ago, when we were shopping for a dining room set, I ended up with a broken arm...eeep! Now we need to decide on a new crib, and its already stressing me out!

Sorry for hijacking your thread!
    http://superpoints.com/refer/hockeymomma
    Click here to join me at Superpoints and get free Amazon GCs!!

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Good for you I am looking forward to buying new furnuture one day started with hand me downs when I left my ex and now they are looking sad and pathatic lol My couch has holes from puppy chewing and my mattress was my mom's and was 30 years old when she gave it to me 12 years ago can you say eww lol. Thus to say both my children do have new matress's which I am happy I figured it takes baby steps lol

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Congrats on the purchase and I think it's safe to say that most of us second guess our purchase when it's such a big one. Hubby and I also just purchased a new leather loveseat and couch a couple of months ago and we bought our set at a clearance centre too. We both wanted something that wouldn't collect cat hair and would be good for cleaning however we didn't want to go broke. I second guessed our purchase for about a week or two afterwards because of the no warrenty thing but then I decided that there was nothing we could do about it know so we are just enjoying the set

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

woo hoo that's great!
    i always worry afterward too ... i almost had a heart attack buying a new car lol ...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good for you!!!! We love our leather set! Make sure you stop buying pants with metal buttons on the back pockets, we learned the hard way...
    Nanoush

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Pondering a New Recliner, as this one is busted. But financially challenged.

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

yay!!!!!!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

The furniture was scheduled to be delivered today! I was so excited this morning, thought this would be the last time I'd ever have to sit on my crappy furniture.

They arrived as scheduled.

AND THEY COULDN'T GET IT IN THE DOOR!

We had to send it back! Fortunately DH didn't put the old stuff outside in the snow, it was sitting in the dining room until we knew they delivered the right stuff, etc.

I'm SO upset! I was so excited about sitting on my beautiful leather furniture when I got home!

z

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information