this season, my top pick is this....

Was at CT waiting for my hubby to finish with something in automotive
    when I wandered down the decoration aisle. My son and I were having
    fun pressing the buttons on all those dancing santas (yes I am one of
    those annoying people...lol...) when I stumbled across a
    dancing/singing snowman that was regularly priced $14.99 with a
    markdown to $10.99
    HOWEVER IT WAS BROKEN INSIDE...although the arms moved and it
    still sang the head did not move and it was always on a tilt...
    C'mon I mean $4.00 off....????
    I might have considered it for my daughter at $2-3 but never at
    $10.99...and it didn't even look like it could have been repaired easily.
    Anyway what is the worst deal you've seen?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm not sure of other deals gone wrong, but I had to laugh yesterday...I needed a huge bag for a gift for our SIL, one of those suit bags for travelling to meetings, so I went to the Buck Store (the one where not everything is just a dollar), found a large bag, bought it and when I peeled off the $2.50 sticker, there was a $2 sticker under that, and although there was still another sticker under it, I couldn't pull them apart to see it. It was probably a $1 to begin with! LOL!! How greedy can you get!!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I was at Ct here and they had the Magic Bullet ( not the toy) on clearance. I had to take a second look because they only dropped the price by 1.50. It was still $36 ( I think) something clearance when it was just under $38 to begin with. There was a who skid of them.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

lol....I went to buy DH the other part to his tool chest because it was suposed to be on sale...and they only had one left, the floor model at CT....it was all scratched up on the top and around the edges..I was desperate, so I asked if I made it a final sale, how much could I have it for? They were on sale for 129.00, but had none in stock...so the guy calls the manager, and the manager says "Sorry, I can't reduce it by more, it's on sale"....so I said "yes, but it's all scratched up, how are you going to sell THAT? If you give me a better deal I will take it (DH wouldn't care, it's gonna get scratched up anyways, it's a tool box!)
    NOPE...I said.."well, why would I pay the sale price for a damaged item, when I can get a brand new boxed one for the same price with a raincheck or by going to another CT??"

CT is so cheap....most places would discount it to get it out of there!
    SO I left with a raincheck instead, no big deal, lol

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

My worst deal wasn't a Christmas purchase but it was a purchase no less. I went to Subway and grabbed 3 subs to bring home for myself, mom and guest. The girl is punching it in and says to me, "oh we have a special today and I forgot to apply your discount, let me change that", I of course all excited said cheerfully, "oh thank you!" she applied it and says "yeah it isn't much of a discount but you saved $0.01" lol Wow..a penny, I'm rich!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

A couple of weeks ago, EB Veggies were selling 2/$4 at Loblaws. Of course, just before Xmas, they are "on sale" 2/$5. So much for a sale.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Oh my internet company has a great sale going on right now. If you get internet, digital tv, and phone with them, you only pay $99.99 for the first 6 months! What is the regular price after that? $101.99! I was so tempted to sign up with savings like that!

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

My Rexall Guardian finally has Brookside Chocolate-Covered Almonds 225g ON SALE for ONLY $3.99 right now. I have a $1 coupon too.
    But if I go to the Dollar store next door to them, I can get a package of chocolate-covered almonds or chocolate rose-buds for $1.29 per pk.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I was at Aldo looking for shoes there was a bin that said clearance - everything reduced to lowest price of the season...i though great. I found a cute pair of shoes that were regularly $100 and marked down to $99.99 - i kid you not! I asked the salesperson what the discount was on these shoes and she takes it looks at the bottom and says $99.99 with a straight face...I started laughing right there and asked her if she was kidding there must be more of a mark down then a penny...she did not find this funny and was completely serious when she said that was the final markdown...I was still laughing as I left

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

LOL! I found a Christmas stocking at Zellers this year ... 'babies first christmas 2007', I couldn't believe the price was marked down to $10 ... LOL!
    ... I'm earning $5-25 Amazon.ca gift cards EVERY month, are you?

P.S. ... starting to hunt for ShoppingChannel GC's with no minimum purchase ...

Grateful for the savings
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A computer monitor was on sale at Best Buy. Reg. $230; sale price $150. Can't find it on the floor, and salesperson advises that they are sold out. He then offers me one of those open-box "this item either has been opened and returned or was refurbished" options, same model. Price: $190. I tell him that the sales price was better than the open-box price, and he tells me that he can't offer the sales price to me because it's an open box and already discounted. ????????

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Hey, guess what? My worst deal turned out to be my best deal yesterday.
    The Brookside choc-covered Almonds are $5.99 regular price.
    They've been on sale at $3.99.
    Yesterday, they had a 50% off card beside them, bringing the price down to $2.00.
    I had a $1.00 coupon, so I paid $1.48 total (the taxes were 48 cents).
    The Dollar Store would now be more than twice this price, because their package is smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    My Rexall Guardian finally has Brookside Chocolate-Covered Almonds 225g ON SALE for ONLY $3.99 right now. I have a $1 coupon too.
    But if I go to the Dollar store next door to them, I can get a package of chocolate-covered almonds or chocolate rose-buds for $1.29 per pk.

Thread Information