User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    355 (100%)

This is a little story story that happened at work(grocery store)the other day,which really irritated me.

A customer came in and wanted to return 3 Olay products,which were about $38 + tax,each.They had a receipt,however,they had used 3 FPC for them,and only paid the tax.They wanted a cash refund for the whole amout,which would have been about $130.We declined there request,and they were not very happy,and kept saying "oh you will get the money from the company anyway".Then we noticed on the receipt that they had purchased the items from another one of our store locations down the road earlier.We told them they would have to take it back to that location,and that they would not give them a cash refund,but would probably give them the coupons back if they did not want to keep the products.(should have sent them to SC,someone would of offered him a great trade)Once again, not happy.We called that location,and explained the situation to them,and they new who we were talking about,so i dont know if maybe they had tried doing this before.Anyway,the point of this is they were definetly trying to misuse these coupons,and take advantage of them.Coupon have no cash value!!This really pisses me off,and this is the sort of thing that is going to make companies stop issuing great coupons,and force retailers to read and watch every little detail even more.Thanks for reading and listening to me vent!Happy New Year!
    This thread is currently associated with: Olay

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

wow it's amazing what some people will do so i guess she is why all my coupons are being inspected with a fine toothed comb and that's just to save $1

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Yea, I dislike the saying that coupons are cash, because they aren't, you can't buy something with a coupon and then expect to be able to get a cash refund. I would have told her that she was lucky enough to get them for free, if she really didn't want them I'm sure she has friends who gladly would take them off her hands

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NancyM View Post
    wow it's amazing what some people will do so i guess she is why all my coupons are being inspected with a fine toothed comb and that's just to save $1
    No kidding. It's too bad that jerks like that ruin it for the honest people.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wow, sounds like a scammer, why on earth woud you return those items anyways if you got them with FPC's if not to try and scam the store into giving you cash?

This is the type of thing whereby if a store doesn't have a firm policy it could get messy.

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

And it's a sad fact that all it takes is a couple of such bad apples to ruin the whole couponing scene for the rest of us.

Good for you guys for standing up to these scammers!
    At the right time, a kind word from a stranger, or encouragement from a friend, can make all the difference in the world. Kindness is free, but it's priceless. ~ Doe Zantamata

"And it's always the right time!" ~ Woofy

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

wow I hate people like this! how do they sleep at night? I think probably because they have no conscience and they don't care about the consequences that their actions will cause for other people. Good for you for standing up to the scammers! I could say don't let it get to you but I know that it gets to me and I am not even the one who had to deal with that person! I guess the best thing is to let it out and hopefully feel better after. My only other thought is how did this person find these great fpc's? I would love to get free Olay product to actually use myself! lol
    Please take a moment to visit my blog! www.heatherv11.wordpress.com

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That's just so sad, but good that the store has a policy set.
    I know there were cases where people were returning the free Herbal Essences to try get cash.
    Free is free, people! Donate them if you don't want them, or use them!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I so totally agree with everyone!

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

What a jerk.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

yah that i don't agree with.. sure he can return the items and get back what HE paid for them (the taxes) but he should not get full value of what they are worth. I'd never expect to get back a full price on a coupon purchase.. i hate when people try to scam the system that is helpful for sooooooo many

Sleep Deprived
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

yuck! ppl like that amaze me with their nerve and lack of embarrassment. it's a person like that who contributed to the horrible experience that i had with LD. good on you, OP for standing your ground and not allowing this individual to abuse the system.
    i have to wonder though if this individual is a SCer...

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

gosh who in the heck would try that. What a scammer.

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

I totally agree with not accepting the products back, and not giving her cash back for the products. This reminds me of a situation one of the CS ladies at LD was telling me about. She was saying that she heard someone was stacking coupons at LD to get diapers free then they were taking them across the way to WM and trying to return them. I dont know who this person is or when this happened but I couldnt beleive someone would do something like this and ruin the joy of stacking for the rest of us. Needless to say the girls over at LD all know me pretty well and I know I would NEVER do this but still!

Sleep Deprived
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scbpooh View Post
    I totally agree with not accepting the products back, and not giving her cash back for the products. This reminds me of a situation one of the CS ladies at LD was telling me about. She was saying that she heard someone was stacking coupons at LD to get diapers free then they were taking them across the way to WM and trying to return them. I dont know who this person is or when this happened but I couldnt beleive someone would do something like this and ruin the joy of stacking for the rest of us. Needless to say the girls over at LD all know me pretty well and I know I would NEVER do this but still!
    That's interesting. How would someone at LD know what is going on at WM? I can see stores within the same chain talking to each other about problems like that, but not from different chains unless they know someone there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information