User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    I dont even get a physical...never had a full exam at all...my doc is dumb he never listens to me and tells me I'm too young for things...and last time I went to him I was around 16 I was complaining about my ovaries and wanted to have them looked at because I was in pain so much and he told me it was normal and gave me a prescription for birth control told me it would fix the problem...I think I need to find a new doc...
    Must be a male doctor. I have a female GP. she does listen. The male doctors I had in the past just took out the prescription pad and gave me whaterver they thought was wrong usually without tests. Hope it turns out to be nothing serious.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

i found a lump om my breast about 2 years ago and it scared the you know what out of me too i saw my doctor who set up a mamogram and then i had to go for a biopsy to figure out what it was neither one really hurt too much it just felt like my breast was being squeezed for the mamogram and the biopsy stung a little and tired me out but it's nothing to be scared of , is the lump moving around? if it is that's a good sign mine does and infact i still have it, it was not cancer so we just left it alone .
    please go see your doctor and i will be thinking of you and please keep us posted (((hugs))) i know how scared you are right now i was too

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

Ok so when I was in the shower I found a lump in my right breast...its at the top and it is a lump...there isn't anything close to it in the left breast or the rest of the right one and if I pull my breast over you can see the lump under my skin. I'm freaking out majorly because I dont know if it is something serious or if its just nothing that I am freaking out over...but I am worried because mom has/had breast cancer and problems with lumps and she is fairly young and I am only twenty so should I have it looked at or am I freaking out over something that is normal??
    yes get it checked out, if it's in your family history it should be taken seriously and you are never too young IMO.
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NancyM View Post
    i found a lump om my breast about 2 years ago and it scared the you know what out of me too i saw my doctor who set up a mamogram and then i had to go for a biopsy to figure out what it was neither one really hurt too much it just felt like my breast was being squeezed for the mamogram and the biopsy stung a little and tired me out but it's nothing to be scared of , is the lump moving around? if it is that's a good sign mine does and infact i still have it, it was not cancer so we just left it alone .
    please go see your doctor and i will be thinking of you and please keep us posted (((hugs))) i know how scared you are right now i was too
    no this one doesnt move around at all its a hard lump that is in one place doesnt move when I try to move it or anything...

I called today and set up an appt he is booked till next friday...so thats when I am going but am looking for a new doc...

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Rose, You need to find yourself a new doctor! Female preferably, I find male docotors just don't listen.

With your family's history of cancer IMO its not to young to be worried about the lump so Im glad your getting it checked out, but you should be getting regular physicals and should really have gyno, they are really wonderful for any questions and concerns you have.

Maybe ask a few friends about their doctors? I foud my doctor through my friend and she is wonderful.

I really hope its nothing serious and your okay

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

no this one doesnt move around at all its a hard lump that is in one place doesnt move when I try to move it or anything...

I called today and set up an appt he is booked till next friday...so thats when I am going but am looking for a new doc...

hi rose glad to hear your seeing your dr even if you don't like him atleast your getting the ball roliing will be thinking of you and good luck

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ugh ya I have been asking people for suggestions but for now I will go to this one and see

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

(((hugs)) Rose, I am glad to hear you are going to the drs, keep us all posted,good thoughts and prayers are with you.
    WJ
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

SDM Optimum Queen Wannabe julie.leeds's Avatar
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

It is very likely an enlarged lymph node. Your lymphatic system runs all through your body....you know like when you get a sore throat they check for lumps on your neck. You lymphatic system is always on high alert for infection, bacterial, viral, what ever...if it detects something is out of whack in your system your lymph nodes enlarge and start producing anti-bodies to fight infection.

You and not too young for cancer, but it does happen to be one of the least likely reasons at your age.

Follow the elephant...
    http://thestthomasblog.com

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by julie.leeds View Post
    It is very likely an enlarged lymph node. Your lymphatic system runs all through your body....you know like when you get a sore throat they check for lumps on your neck. You lymphatic system is always on high alert for infection, bacterial, viral, what ever...if it detects something is out of whack in your system your lymph nodes enlarge and start producing anti-bodies to fight infection.

You and not too young for cancer, but it does happen to be one of the least likely reasons at your age.
    thats what my boss said about the chances of it being cancer were very small but still cant be too careful just in case but I have been reading some stuff about it and my age and I feel a bit better just going to wait and see

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ok so I went today and he is sending me to the hospital for an ultrasound next week...he said its small and moves so those are good signs I guess *shrug* guess I find out next week when I go for the next appt??

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Take care Rose!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

ok so I went today and he is sending me to the hospital for an ultrasound next week...he said its small and moves so those are good signs I guess *shrug* guess I find out next week when I go for the next appt??

yes rose that is good news that it moves don't wory i went through it and you'll be just fine but don't be surprised if they want to do a biopsy which is unpleasant but doesn't really hurt you will how eve want to take a day off of work it will really tire you out please keep us posted and good luck with the ultra sound that's no big deal either i just hate the cold slime

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ah great I really really dont want a biopsy

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I hope the ultrasound isnt a long wait, as for a biopsy its a small procedure. I've had a few.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information