User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Ok so when I was in the shower I found a lump in my right breast...its at the top and it is a lump...there isn't anything close to it in the left breast or the rest of the right one and if I pull my breast over you can see the lump under my skin. I'm freaking out majorly because I dont know if it is something serious or if its just nothing that I am freaking out over...but I am worried because mom has/had breast cancer and problems with lumps and she is fairly young and I am only twenty so should I have it looked at or am I freaking out over something that is normal??
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

most definitely have it looked at. at least they can do the appropriate tests. it may be nothing, but you have to be sure! *hugs*

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

For your own peace of mind, if nothing else, get checked. ((Hugs))
    http://superpoints.com/refer/hockeymomma
    Click here to join me at Superpoints and get free Amazon GCs!!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ugh ya I think I will call the doc tomorrow when I get to work...if anything I would like to just go and have them say its fine...for now though I haven't said anything to my mom because she will freak out way worse than me especially after everything she had done and been through this summer I dont want to tell her especially if it is nothing then I would feel bad for scaring people...

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Make an appt with the drs, could be a cyst or a blocked milk duct, or an ingrown hair don't freak out until you've been to a professional and have appropriate tests. Sometimes our bodies play tricks on us.

Did you know now they don't recommend doing self breast exams, apparently its under review. http://www.cwhn.ca/resources/afi/bse.html I saw it on the news a while ago.

Anyways get to your dr and ask for an ultrasound to check it out, asap though as I had a lump on my underarm this year and it took me 4 months to get in for the appt.
    Last edited by Sally888; Tue, Feb 9th, 2010 at 10:17 PM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Make an appt with the drs, could be a cyst or a blocked milk duct, or an ingrown hair don't freak out until you've been to a professional and have appropriate tests. Sometimes our bodies play tricks on us.
    its wayyyy too big to be an ingrown hair...its huge like toonie sized and its not even perfectly round its all deformed...idk how I missed it before tonight

Trading Score
    67 (100%)

I wouldn't be too concerned if I were you but definitely get it checked out if it's not gone in a couple days. It is very rare for a 20 year old to have breast cancer.

When I was 17 I had the exact same experience. Turns out it was something related to my period, doctor checked me out just to be safe but asked about when I was expecting my period and said something about how sometimes the breasts get like that when our periods are expected soon. Maybe google that cause I can't remember all the details and don't wanna give wrong info. Mine was on the top of my right breast too and went away after about 5 days.

Try not to worry though, although that's hard to do when it's your body Take care

Curious what all the hype is about SWAGBUCKS? It's the b
    est online program ever! Send me a message if you have any questions or want to learn more.
    Join here:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kylesmamma

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Bad ingrowns can be toonie sized.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

for my sake I hope that is one huge a$$ ingrown hair!

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Ingrown hair in your breast?

I would get it checked out. Women are recommended to get yearly breast exams, usually when you go in and get a physical.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I dont even get a physical...never had a full exam at all...my doc is dumb he never listens to me and tells me I'm too young for things...and last time I went to him I was around 16 I was complaining about my ovaries and wanted to have them looked at because I was in pain so much and he told me it was normal and gave me a prescription for birth control told me it would fix the problem...I think I need to find a new doc...

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    I dont even get a physical...never had a full exam at all...my doc is dumb he never listens to me and tells me I'm too young for things...and last time I went to him I was around 16 I was complaining about my ovaries and wanted to have them looked at because I was in pain so much and he told me it was normal and gave me a prescription for birth control told me it would fix the problem...I think I need to find a new doc...
    have you watched "teen mom"? 20 isn't young. Maybe go to a different doctor? I don't even have a family doctor. I just go to the walk-in and get referred to whatever doctor I need.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Ummn while your there Rose book yourself in for that pap... hint hint...

Your Dr should of been doing these things a while ago.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Ingrown hair in your breast?

I would get it checked out. Women are recommended to get yearly breast exams, usually when you go in and get a physical.
    yep peach fuzz ingrowns can turn really nasty especially if your hormones are out of wack.

Trading Score
    31 (100%)

some doctors are strange, go and check it out!

I told my doctor a long time ago that I thought I had osteoporosis, he said I was to young!!! well then they had a study and I only made it in because I had had a hysterectomy when I was verry young... so they send me for a Bone dencity test... and guess what?? I had osteoporosis.......

go to walk in if your doctor does not listen.... good luck

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information