User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Trading Score
    32 (100%)

i'm sorry for your lost Zonny. there are so many people on SC that love and care for you we are a big family with open arms ready to hold you in your time of need
    Take care cause we all care *hugs*
    Totals Savings for 2010 So Far...... $ 100.73.. i'm still new LOL

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I am very sorry for your loss.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Being all too familiar with loosing someone, I am tired of hearing "I'm sorry."

I know it's the right thing to say, but I find it more comfortable to say "I understand your loss."

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I'm afraid that sometimes it is better to say nothing, especially if you don't know what to say. I may not remember all the good that was said, but I sure remember some people who were totally tactless.
    Sending a card may be better, but sometimes they can do more harm than good, depending on its wording.
    It is a tough call.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

i agree that it was wrong for his co workers not to offer any condolences after all it is the polite thing to do why has our society forgotten our manners?

My condolences to you and your family

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You can't force someone to offer condolances, when they aren't sincere. My step-mothers brother and sister passed away, I never gave my condolances... people die, it's a fact of life.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Zonny, I'm so sorry for the sadness in your family. Even when a loss is inevitable, we are never prepared to really say ,"Good-bye!" Please express my sympathy to your husband and accept it for yourself and the rest of your family. As you say, younger people may not understand the real healing power of hugs and kind words at these times. Unfortunately, we all have to learn about loss at some time. You have certainly helped people on SC to understand that a small gesture is greatly appreciated in these times. Best wishes and condolences!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NancyM View Post
    i agree that it was wrong for his co workers not to offer any condolences after all it is the polite thing to do why has our society forgotten our manners?

My condolences to you and your family
    Manners are indeed lacking, you either have them or you don't.
    It is times like this,that one would expect some acknowledgment of the loss.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Sorry for your loss.

The other day DH and I saw a woman bring in her new puppy to the vet to be put down (it had parvo). She was in tears and I said to her "I'm so sorry".

DH said after we got in the car that saying that is one of the worst things you can say. I asked him what I should have said, "Buck up, there is plenty of puppies in the world?"

I finished my comment by saying that people know that when others say that to you it is because they can empathize, and humans crave that in a time of sadness. Finally he agreed with me. Those words do suck, but only because the situation sucks.
    Remember that even though pets are here for such a short time they teach us things we would never be able to learn in many lifetimes on our own.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Healingsage needs our help, see her latest thread

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information