• im trying to maintain my weight

12 15.00%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    55 (100%)

well good luck hun, everything will be figured out and be fine

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was just looking up mcdonalds and gosh. I could eat my 30 points there in ONE meal.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by elliott_gyal View Post
    well good luck hun, everything will be figured out and be fine
    Thanks sweety! I figure if I quit smoking (Jan 2009) and never even had a puff since I can pretty much conquer anything I put my mind to (within reason) Im in a wedding in September so thats a pretty big motivation for me! Im not even a big chocolate eater or anything, my vice is snacking chips and pop lol.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

yes, use your allowance pts for sure. it was terrible having a night out with friends and beer. we usually get pizza or nachoes or somthing with our beers .. and when you drink (well, me anyways), i lose all worries about pts! hahaha~

Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Thats a really good point! I actually dont drink that much I went out with friends on Saturday and had only 4 drinks or so. Ill probably go out again in a few months. I hate hate hate hangovers so I'm pretty careful in my old age of what I drink.

Karen
    Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I keep a food journal - that is a huge help. I try to get out for a walk most days but it's a challenge so at minimum I shoot for 30 minutes of something on the Wii Fit. And I have a little online group of friends where we check in daily with what's going on, have a question to talk about, and weigh in weekly.

I find that outside accountability helps tremendously, as does feedback. Thus the journal (external control), friends (accountability), Wii Fit (activity + feedback), and hubby (much feedback!).

Always looking for reasonably healthy food coupons, non-dairy products, and friendly cleaners (esp Method brand).

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

i just started the wii fit again so im pretty excited bout that... have you tried EA ACtive Sports yet? Its a much more intense w/o in my opinion!

Sally, im adding you now to msn if u r still online!

Belinda's Babblings

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

well, the lady that gave me the 300.00 for school, is a weight watchers consultant, so she gave me a whole starter package for 2010 free! It even comes in a cool reusable neoprene lunch tote...so, when i get over this flu, i am going to start WW but on my own with my mom and a friend...
    I always have drank at least 2liters of water a day..
    I have started to cut out white processed breads/pasta and have changed to only whole grains and flax breads and pastas..
    I already walk the weiner dog 30 minutes a day before bed and she gets pooped, so I might put in a second 1 hour walk a day when the weather improves.
    So for now, I have cut out sugars,most fats, increased my fruits and veggies, and cut out meats altogether twice a week...

Karen
    Trading Score
    184 (100%)

elliott - No, although I've heard good things about it. I did buy Gold's Gym Cardio Workout and that's pretty good. It's shape boxing. I haven't had it out in quite a while though, my shoulder started popping; I think I was overdoing it. Right now I'm mostly stepping and hula-hooping. LOL
    Always looking for reasonably healthy food coupons, non-dairy products, and friendly cleaners (esp Method brand).

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I dont know what it is with the wii,but in the wii fit plus, my favourite thing to do is run. and i hate running... but i guess because it times you and everything .. i like doing the "free run" also, the super hula hoop always tends to hurt my neck after awhile.. do you get that too?

The rest of the games are cute and fun but not really a workout imo (moreof a warm up). Im doing half an hour on the wii fit plus and then 30 mins on the EA Sports Active daily

Belinda's Babblings

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Everyday I go for jogging. I think it’s a good solution for loosing weight.
    Himani Boroplus

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jenny2 View Post
    Everyday I go for jogging. I think it’s a good solution for loosing weight.
    I totally agree with you. Even if a person can only jog for 20 minutes a day, its so good for weight loss! I dont go OUT jogging, but i do running in my apartment (on the spot) .. I know its not as good, but it works for me! lol

Belinda's Babblings

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Ill have to check out the EA sports, we dont have that one.

What are good snack choices for me? I think I might head to the grocery stores today, what about premade lunches? Like lean cuisine or the weight watchers ones? I tend to make really quick stuff for lunch.

Sorry im im hogging your thread Elliot, Ive been waiting for people to get involved with a weight thread again for support. THe cigarette one really fizzled out after our first week.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Ill have to check out the EA sports, we dont have that one.

What are good snack choices for me? I think I might head to the grocery stores today, what about premade lunches? Like lean cuisine or the weight watchers ones? I tend to make really quick stuff for lunch.

Sorry im im hogging your thread Elliot, Ive been waiting for people to get involved with a weight thread again for support. THe cigarette one really fizzled out after our first week.
    Hogging? my goodness you are crazy. I love the fact that others (you) are interested in weight loss as it motivates me as well!!! So if anything, Thank you!

Good snack choices (with the weight watchers points)

-orville redenbacker 100 calorie smart pop bags of popcorn
    -rice cakes
    -ff (fat free) jello
    -veggies and a low cal or kraft fat free dressing asdip
    -fruit
    -toast
    -bowl of soup (habitant minestroni is really easy on points)
    -diet pop slushi (zero pts) just freeze it then crush it lol!
    -make your own smoothies with fruit and skim milk
    --hard boiled egg

things you should invest in for ww:

-becel butter spray (its 0 calories so you can use it instead of butter and its zero pts)
    -ff dressings (by kraft)
    -ff mayo
    -soya sauce (low sodium) <- cooking with soya sauce =zero points in comparison to oils/butter
    -mustard for sandwhiches <- zero points and boosts your metabolism
    -salsa ff sauce <- great for baked potatos.. its zero point if its ff

Also another thing, ww is okay for weight loss, but not for your overall health (imo anyway). I would try staying away from the microwavable frozen meals as the sodium content is out of this world. start making things ahead of time as its better fo you overall.

Belinda's Babblings

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Yeah I think ill just cut back on "extras" I find a lot of the fat free things have so many chemicals its kind of crazy. Diet pop is out for me because my stomache cant handle the aspartame ( I actually developed an ulcer from "fake" sugars)

Popcorn is a great idea, I think Ill just start using my popper again and eating it plain (blech)

SO I guess I just have to be careful. Im trying to cut my pop (regular sugar) down to one a day. Its just the only "really bad thing" i drink. Im not a coffee drinker or anything.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information