• I currently am trying to lose weight

57 71.25%
  • im trying to maintain my weight

12 15.00%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

Its is very hard to do exercises when you have gall bladder pain and various back probelms but Ihave been exercsing(low inpact) for 4-6 days a week , sometimes once a day sometimes twice a day(depending on my pain) I don't feel or look like I have lost any weight but I have lost 2'' off my waist and about 1 1/2" of my hips , of course the exercises I am doing are not meant to lose weight but rather help me strengthen my back
    My biggest set back is I have no apetite in the day and start eating at night, sometimes it's soup and toast, other times it's munching on cheese and crackers, but I munch and munch till the wee hours of the morning, and I just can't get myself to eat during the day, it just turns my stomach. I am proud to say though I have only had one small bag of chips in the past few weeks,( normally I eat a whole bag nearly every night)
    Last edited by WandaJean; Sun, Aug 28th, 2011 at 05:37 AM.
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Gym 6 days a week....included in that is 3 days of yoga (in addition to weight training on the same day), cardio..all machines in rotation, and my very favourite is heavy lifting..gotta keep those bones strong!!
    Eating clean...no processed foods (except for protein powder) and lots of water...
    Walking the dog every day, at least twice....but she really hates the heat so it has been hard recently...early morning and late nights...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Having lost 30lbs in the past few months, and seeing 4lbs creep back on, I'm ONLY eating 3 SmartOnes a day. Maybe some fruit in between. That's it except for tea and sugar/aspartame-free lemonade.
    Desparate? Oh, yah!!!!

Corrected "not" to 'only'...sheesh..makes a difference, eh?~
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Sep 3rd, 2011 at 12:48 PM.

dch
    Female
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I've been trying to lose weight since my daughter was born (LOL 2 years ago) it's really hard when your other half eats whatever right in front of you. I try to eat healthy, and when it's just me and my daughter we do eat pretty good - but as soon as he's home from work I see him eating some chippies.. so I want some chippies.

I've been eating smaller portions, better choices as well & less processed (which is hard.. *sigh*) and riding a stationary bike & walking (I really don't know what else to do with a 2 yr old around). I do notice my pants fitting better, but I still feel like a huge lump. Even more defeating is two of my close friends dropped a good 50-60 pounds without doing anything and I can't seem to get the weight off. The biggest problem, is I like to eat maybe once or twice a day not a million like everything I've been reading.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to lose weight but at the same time I want to stay a bigger girl. I feel like I would be someone I'm not.. because I use my fat as a "barrier" I think.
    Last edited by dch; Thu, Sep 1st, 2011 at 10:05 AM.

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

I lost inches off waist and hips but gained a pound, I am soooooooo sad right now...I just want to
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by WandaJean View Post
    I lost inches off waist and hips but gained a pound, I am soooooooo sad right now...I just want to
    DON'T be SAD!!!
    Muscle weighs more than fat, Hon!!
    Fat people float in a pool...skinny people can't! How's THAT
    for a graphic for you!

Feel better now?

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

lol...a little...
    my sil went from 197 lbs to 118 lbs in just a few months, all she did was cut out junkfood and eating proper meals. she came in the other day and said..." I weigh 118 lbs" with a big grin, I told her she looked great, but I also told her to stop rubbing it in my face, I told her politely ..I was in no way rude to her, I just told her I am struggling with my weight and I felt she was rubbing my face in it.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I just bought running shoes and am going to get a membership at the Carleton athletic facility since they have an indoor track. I hate running on treadmills. I'll probably also do some weight training to increase my upper body strength...

Other than that, eat when I'm hungry. Drink lots of water (very rarely juice and never soda). Eat whole foods, i don't find it hard but others seem to. Most importantly understanding which foods your body needs when, carbs get a bad rap but they're super important to eat in the morning/before any activity. Protein for the evening/post activity.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Weight training with cardio. Step classes combined with weights are a miracle worker.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If i share the thought that for the weight loose i always use for the running and walking also.I always tried that i eat the diet as possible as that.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

For weight maintenance, I walk a bare minimum of 7km per day, plus do light cardio/weights 5 days a week - home exercises, nothing fancy. In terms of diet, I try to eat unprocessed food at all times. This time of the year is a little tougher because of the cold (making walking less enjoyable) and the presence of goodies everywhere I look... and when they're made by family, I always have to have at least a taste.

The only real diet trick I can share is that I eat my own homemade granola every morning with almond milk (also homemade). The granola includes rolled oats, spelt flakes, millet, sunflower seeds, spelt flour, the pulp from my almond milk, cinnamon, and blackstrap molasses for sweetness and iron. Since cutting out dairy (and wheat) products in the morning, I don't get hungry before 10:30 or 11:00 am, and as I eat breakfast at 6am, I figure that's pretty decent!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I've been having a protein shake in the mornings (made with almond milk, vanilla whey powder and frozen berries) a lean meat or fish and veggies for lunch and supper and snacking on veggies in between. I add ground flax to my salads and soups and always buy whole grain pastas, rice and breads now instead of white. I have been doing this for only a week and have lost 8.5 lbs and 8 inches. Not to mention I havent even started an exercise program yet, will be dong that next week which is only 20 mins of cardio and yoga(I think) a day.
    Kimmyd76
    If you haven't yet joined Swagbucks is a great wy to earn rewards for many things including Paypal vouchers, come and check it out!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kimmyd76

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread Information