User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mwieler View Post
    I know this may seems mean to some, but you gotta disipline,show her you won't stand for that behavior.I find that a spank on the bottom when they do that helps. I have a sister-in-law who's daughter always does that and also hitting and yelling "i hate you!!",but she never does anything to disiplin her either,that's the problem. Personally,I don't stand for it,I believe one has to draw a line and if they delibrately step over that line(so to speak)there are consecuences. That's how I see it. I know some don't believe in spanking. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone!
    Spanking/hitting/tapping is all the same thing. It tells the child that hitting is fine for me (the parent) which confuses the child as you are telling them not to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    In addition to sending the wrong message, I found that hitting back just didn't work. It didn't make him stop hitting. I never thought I'd be someone to spank my child, but yeah, I've done that too. IMO, a little smack on the bum never hurt anyone.

I think it was mostly time that took care of that! Time, and refusing to give ANY attention for the offending behavior.

Z
    So you agree hitting sends the wrong message and does not work, but yet you have done it and still feel it never hurts anyone?

Let me ask you this (more of a retorical question, but answer if you want).

At work, if your boss gave you a little smack on the bum when you did something wrong to correct your behaviour, would you be ok with that?

Trading Score
    112 (100%)

SO I've had some recent success When DD gets upset enough to start lashing out, I calmly remove her from the situation (even if I just move her away like 5 feet) and I crouch down and talk to her at her level. I ask her to try to tell me what is upsetting her so much. She tends to calm down a bit and try to explain herself. Even if the answer is still NO she tends to have calmed down a bit, I think its because she feels like she at least got a chance to explain herself. Fingers crossed that this continues work
    Win daily prizes worth $150 to $10000 sign up here!! I've won 3x $150 GCs since Jan.2012
    http://www.todaysdraw.com/?invite=5780

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great job. It will work. I promise.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyincowtown View Post
    SO I've had some recent success When DD gets upset enough to start lashing out, I calmly remove her from the situation (even if I just move her away like 5 feet) and I crouch down and talk to her at her level. I ask her to try to tell me what is upsetting her so much. She tends to calm down a bit and try to explain herself. Even if the answer is still NO she tends to have calmed down a bit, I think its because she feels like she at least got a chance to explain herself. Fingers crossed that this continues work
    That's excellent! Remember to reward positive behaviours, too! Let her know you like it when she is playing nicely, etc.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

great job! good to hear talking is working.. i think because they are still discovering words sometimes they forget they have them in moments of frustration
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information