User Tag List

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

oops...I should made a right turn...right back out of this thread

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Gonna have to remember to nominate this thread for the next SC awards! LOL
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Litesandsirens911 View Post
    I had an emergency c-section after 14 hours of labor my DD was stuck in the birth canal just at her ears...she was 9lbs2oz...I was so happy when the Doctor said "prep her for a c" that my DH was saying "no, no, can't you just wait a little longer"..as I was saying "hell yes, bring it on!!"
    My dh wished I had a v delivery + no drugs, but ended up with getting the epidural + c section. He said our next one must come out naturally and after seeing the pain, he said he is okay with me getting the epidural again hahaha

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momofkali View Post
    The only breathing I did was taking a big breath in so I had enough air to yell really loud!
    I remembered my husband and nurse kept on telling me to breathe when my contractions were getting more painful and all I kept doing was crying

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pandora1437 View Post
    I remembered my husband and nurse kept on telling me to breathe when my contractions were getting more painful and all I kept doing was crying
    I couldn't even cry ahah, I was so exhausted I was falling asleep in between the contractions and they were only a few minutes apart!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jina View Post
    I couldn't even cry ahah, I was so exhausted I was falling asleep in between the contractions and they were only a few minutes apart!
    I also sleep in between.... it felt like i slept for a long period of time but my dh said it was only about a few mintues

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

My dh wished I had a v delivery + no drugs, but ended up with getting the epidural + c section. He said our next one must come out naturally and after seeing the pain, he said he is okay with me getting the epidural again hahaha

Maybe DH needs to pass a kidney stone before he tells you how things "must" happen...I'm pretty sure I'd be holding mine by the soft-very-important-to-him-parts, screaming "YOU DID THIS TO ME!!!" the whole time. God help him if he told me he "was okay with" me having drugs to help with the pain. It would be one of the last things he ever said.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I remember feeling like I was the only person in the room. Prob because no one was going through this pain but me.
    Keep it carbed......

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I know it has been mentioned before but bring your own food. The hospital food is nasty and I was starving after delivering!

Unfortunately I had my youngest late at night and the only thing open was tim hortons. Did my husband bring me a sandwich???

NOPE a dozen donuts lol
    Keep it carbed......

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

lmao!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Hmmm. my attitude would be whatever you want dear. Pissing off a woman in childbirth is like poking a killer bee hive with a stick. Not a good idea in my opinion. (That is my opinion right Patty?)

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by screamy View Post

Maybe DH needs to pass a kidney stone before he tells you how things "must" happen...I'm pretty sure I'd be holding mine by the soft-very-important-to-him-parts, screaming "YOU DID THIS TO ME!!!" the whole time. God help him if he told me he "was okay with" me having drugs to help with the pain. It would be one of the last things he ever said.

Or tell him to get a vasectomy without the numbing or pain killers.

For me it was my mom who pressured me intensely to do it "naturally". She had 6 kids and only "needed" an epidural with 1. The way I look at it, no one goes to the dentist for a root canal and says "gee, I'll skip the freezing this time" so why would I purposely skip it during childbirth?

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

My nurse told me to "get ahold of yourself". I told her to F*** off. You scream, yell, cry, curse, make vows of celebacy, whatever it darn well takes to make you feel even a tiny little bit better.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

During my induced labour, my husband many times asked the nurses and midwife - couldn't they please give me more of some sort of painkiller - and each time they said they were giving what they could (I feel stupid, I don't even know what I had...). He felt SO bad for me, he was very empathetic and wonderful.

Things I didn't know -
    - when I went into the hospital the Sunday afternoon before (this was in the last week of October), it was beautiful outside - a nice fall day, and we walked to the hospital (we lived nearby). However, at some point Monday when I was in labour, a raging blizzard was going on (all day and evening) -- which meant my mom couldn't come from about 130 km away, the roads were impassable. She was able to get there two days later.
    - Some of you are talking about the hospital food - I have no idea when/if I ate after my surgery, and no memory of the food through the week I was there... must have been decent, then, I suppose!
    - didn't know how much the fetal monitor on the belt would hurt! I kept asking them to take it off, then telling them to take it off, then I tried to take it off myself - at which point my husband stepped in and smartened me up!

- in my hospital room, when I was in the bathroom - there must have been some ducting in the ceiling or something which led to a labour/delivery room (because it wasn't very close)... in late evenings and during the night (I was in hospital a week), when it was quiet on the ward - if I happened to be in the bathroom I could hear the moans and groans of other women. It actually freaked me out at first... it was kind of surreal. But in a way what it did was give me a 'we're all going through this - women have done this for millenia' kind of feeling. It was very primal, and emotional -

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momofkali View Post
    Did my husband bring me a sandwich???

NOPE a dozen donuts lol
    2011 Coupons Used: $374.00
    2010 Coupons Used: $2142.00

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information