User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ok, I am seriously disturbed from the "Things you didn't know about pregnancy, birth and after" thread
    So I am starting this thread to maybe help stop thinking about all the scary stuff to do with pregnancy and only focus on the positive things!

I've never been pregnant, but I am really looking forward to bossing my husband to be around, making him massage my feet and get me ice cream, etc etc.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than You." - Dr. Seuss

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

lol!

The outcome is beautiful little human beings!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

After two years of trying, getting that 'positive' was the best result of any test I ever did!
    I didn't have an easy pregnancy (not listing why here, since it's a positive thread), but I truly liked being pregnant. I didn't know until my third month, though.
    Hearing the heartbeat of the baby on the Doeppler for the first time!

At four months, I was at work teaching at a college, and I felt this odd sensation in my abdomen. Fluttering. Called my mom, who said it was the baby! That was MOST awesome! Then I loved it all through the pregnancy as he grew, and did more acrobatics. My husband took great joy in playing with our son through my belly - getting him to punch, kick and move back.... mostly when I was trying to get to sleep!

LOVED the hormone surges! (so did husband!)

I didn't have many cravings - but for one of mine, my husband went above and beyond I thought. I really, really wanted some chips - and it was late in the evening, and we were in a small city, so no grocery stores open. I said I wanted sour cream and bacon chips, so he set off to find them. He comes home after a really long time, with bags and bags of chips - and apologizing his face off that he could find bacon chips - and sour cream chips - but no combo like what I wanted. So I went through some of the bags, and there was the one I wanted - Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream - so DUH my pregnancy brain sent him on an impossible mission! I felt so bad....

I guess for me, it was just the waiting which was wonderful, and we wanted the gender to be a surprize!
    We grew even closer through the pregnancy, and my husband was very attentive and sweet. He handled my hormonal crying jags just perfectly - because he knew me so well. He didn't understand them, but figured out they were just part and parcel of what I was going through...

I would have gone through many more pregnancies, but it turned out we were blessed with one child.

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

hearing the little heartbeats is amazing.....if I think about it hard I can still hear it.....and seeing them on the ultrasounds too!!!

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

ahh the I love preg thread : ) I loved being preg both times were a surprise but a blessing. I loved that my Dr ordered me to eat lots because at that time I was a little underweight(oh to be back at that time lol). I was always close to my mom but now we just have more of a special bond with the kids. I loved loved loved the kicking made me smile and glow. I loved shopping for the baby looking at all the sleepers and cute little tiny socks are fun! I loved the ultra sound we have one pic of my daughter sticking out her toungue, low and behold she is still about drama. Even with all the scary thing it is the best thing in the world. I feel like I won the lottery with my daughter it was 43 years since there was a girl on my ex's side. My ex has had a baby since then a boy makes me proud! My kids are my pride and joy, it is a pat on the back when he here comments for example a friend of my dads says he can not beleive what a well mannered respectful boy he is(he is 15) He finds it uncommon and told my dad to tell me I have done a good job! Makes you happy when you a swinging it alone : ). Beleive me to this day the pros always outway the cons and this still includes being on my own and leaving my ex when my daughter was one month and my son 2 years it was still the greatest thing I have accomplished!
    Last edited by KK7; Tue, Jun 22nd, 2010 at 03:05 PM. Reason: spelling

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

how glowing your face and skin look, how shiny your hair looks, how proud you are when people say "when are you due", and most of all...feeling the kicking and moving and even seeing the outline of their hands or foot pushing on your belly...

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

awe, even though i threw up all day every single day, 24 hours a day for 9 months, TWICE so 18 months actually ... oh wait, this was supposed to be helpful lol ...

I still loved being pregnant. I loved feeling the bebe moving and hiccuping and all that goodness. I loved hearing the heartbeat at the ultrasounds and rubbing my belly knowing there was a little person in there whom I would love with all my

And I loved my ginormous belly

It's ALL worth it.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    LOVED the hormone surges! (so did husband!)
    I bet your DH had a very happy 2nd trimester hmm? lol

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

The feel good things for me are hearing the heartbeats, and seeing that little mouth making a ton of sucking movements on the u/s (this was today ). I'm otherwise the wrong person to talk to, I'm not one of those people who enjoy being pg.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

shoo amberlab shoo!!! lol
    we are trying to UNfrighten her!

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

I actually enjoy being pregnant, especially after the first trimester, and when my hormonal acne settled down...

Ethan treated me very well while in my tummy... I had no extreme weird cravings, never threw up in my entire 9 months, slept well at night until he was born , didn't put on too much weight, no swollen ankles, legs or anything, no emotional outbursts or hormonal cryfests, had great shiny hair, and I was glowing...

If Ethan wasn't cute in person, I would have preferred having him in my tummy still!
    At the right time, a kind word from a stranger, or encouragement from a friend, can make all the difference in the world. Kindness is free, but it's priceless. ~ Doe Zantamata

"And it's always the right time!" ~ Woofy

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I enjoyed being pregnant too. I miss the fetal movements, hearing the heartbeat and the ultrasounds (I was lucky to have 5)

I was sick the first 3 month but afterwards, felt great. No swollen ankles. I could still wear my normal clothes for quite a while. No mood swings. No cravings but I enjoyed spicy food.

Trading Score
    149 (100%)

I LOVED being pregnant because my kids were portable then!!! No diaper bags to pack or strollers to push. Just up and go!!! (well the "up" bit gets slower and slower as I progressed!).

Seriously the best part was seeing them grow on the u/s (I had u/s every 2 weeks). And the kicks - because there are 3, mine were more like a snake slithering rather than a flutter (each kicks/ movement incites an immediate reaction from the siblings). I used to eat popcorn/ drink OJ if I want them to move more (and they went nuts!!!).

And being pregnant in Italy was the best. Everybody couldn't do enough for me!!! And nobody frowned on me scarfing down a big bowl of pasta or have the biggest scoop of gelato!

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I loved talking to my daughter inside my belly.

And my fiancee isn't a very emotional person, but I loved watching him get excited during the ultrasounds, and I loved how attached he became to my belly LOL

I also loved when he would kiss my belly goodnight every night.

I loved being pregnant when we moved too because no one made me do anything

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I agree - hearing the heartbeat was wonderful and then all of the moving, kicking etc. that came later on in the pregnancy. It was pretty predictable when she would move the most, so DH and I would lie down to watch my belly - like our own private show!

I also loved the pregnancy clothes lol!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information